I am looking for my grandfather who may have been born in Roccarsso. His name is Donato Cirone, born 3/3/1883. He married Camilla Bruno who was from Basilicata. The family lived in Derry, PA (near Latrobe, PA)
Tom
Search found 10 matches
- 25 Dec 2010, 01:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Roccaraso Cirone, Cicone surname
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1381
- 30 Nov 2010, 21:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: possible towns for a neopolitan
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2553
Re: possible towns for a neopolitan
My grandmother told her daughter that she was Neopolitan. Her marriage certificate to her second husband states that she was born in Basilicata.
I am trying to determine from where in Italy my grandparents came
Donato Cirone (Ceroni, Cerrone, Girone, Ciorono)
born 3/13/1883 (Italy)
died 2/28/1918 ...
I am trying to determine from where in Italy my grandparents came
Donato Cirone (Ceroni, Cerrone, Girone, Ciorono)
born 3/13/1883 (Italy)
died 2/28/1918 ...
- 28 Nov 2010, 21:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: possible towns for a neopolitan
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2553
possible towns for a neopolitan
If my ancestor indicates that they were neopolitan, is there an area in Italy from which they might have come?
Would Basilicata be considered neopolitan?
Mary
Would Basilicata be considered neopolitan?
Mary
- 03 Nov 2010, 18:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cirone and Bruno
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2602
Re: Cirone and Bruno
Donatantonio Cirone is not my Donato. Someone in this forum already found birth infomation for him in Cavello.
Mary
Mary
- 03 Nov 2010, 11:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cirone and Bruno
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2602
Re: Cirone and Bruno
I can't find them in the ship manifests nor can I find them in the census. I do not know if they were married in US or Italy. They had 4 children all born in Derry, PA.
Helen around 1912
James around 1914/15
Harry around 1914/15
Levi 1917
I am thinking that maybe they are Jewish Italian as they ...
Helen around 1912
James around 1914/15
Harry around 1914/15
Levi 1917
I am thinking that maybe they are Jewish Italian as they ...
- 02 Nov 2010, 23:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cirone and Bruno
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2602
Cirone and Bruno
I am looking for a Carmella (Camilla) Cirone.
Her maiden name was Bruno
She was born March 17, 1889 (1890 or 1888).
Her fathers name was Mike Bruno
Her mother's name was Mary Doroza
She was born in Basillicata, Italy
Her husband was Donato Cirone
He was born March 3, 1883 in Italy
They died in ...
Her maiden name was Bruno
She was born March 17, 1889 (1890 or 1888).
Her fathers name was Mike Bruno
Her mother's name was Mary Doroza
She was born in Basillicata, Italy
Her husband was Donato Cirone
He was born March 3, 1883 in Italy
They died in ...
- 02 Nov 2010, 22:29
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Cavello
- Replies: 18
- Views: 15878
Re: Cavello
You had indicated that you were looking for Carione or Carrione from Cavella. I am looking for Donato Cirone or Donatantonio Cirone from Cavella. He came to the United States in 1903, traveling to Pittston, PA.
I was thinking that he traveled from Pittston, PA to Derry, PA where he at some point ...
I was thinking that he traveled from Pittston, PA to Derry, PA where he at some point ...
- 27 Oct 2010, 23:20
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: first name with the suffix of antonio
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2735
first name with the suffix of antonio
I was looking for Donato Cirone when I found in Ellis Island an entry for Donantonio Cirone. Then in familysearch.org I found a Giuseppantonio Cirone. What is the meaning of the name that has a suffix of antonio? Is this a common naming tradition?
Mary
Mary
- 25 Oct 2010, 12:05
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Cavello
- Replies: 18
- Views: 15878
Re: Cavello
I located the manifest on Ellisisland.org
Donatantonio Cirone,
ship: Roma,
2/26/1903
last residence: Calvello, Italy
destination: Pittston, PA
24 years old
father Guiseppi (spelling?) already there
I have nothing else. I am trying to determine from where in Italy, Donato Cirone came. His first ...
Donatantonio Cirone,
ship: Roma,
2/26/1903
last residence: Calvello, Italy
destination: Pittston, PA
24 years old
father Guiseppi (spelling?) already there
I have nothing else. I am trying to determine from where in Italy, Donato Cirone came. His first ...
- 25 Oct 2010, 01:03
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Cavello
- Replies: 18
- Views: 15878
Re: Cavello
You had indicated that you were looking for Carione or Carrione from Cavella. I am looking for Donato Cirone or Donatantonio Cirone from Cavella. He came to the United States in 1903, traveling to Pittston, PA.
I was thinking that he traveled from Pittston, PA to Derry, PA where he at some point ...
I was thinking that he traveled from Pittston, PA to Derry, PA where he at some point ...