Search found 5 matches
- 02 Nov 2010, 17:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Celestino & Violanda (Niro) Benacquista
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1167
Re: Celestino & Violanda (Niro) Benacquista
BTW, I have a copy of Celestino's and Violanda's Passports, but I am not able to make out all the information. I would like to find the records of him leaving the US to return to Italy in order to marry Violanda.
- 02 Nov 2010, 17:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Celestino & Violanda (Niro) Benacquista
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1167
Celestino & Violanda (Niro) Benacquista
Violanda Niro married Celestino Benacquista in Apr 1928; They immigrated to the US in May & Aug 1928.
Violanda (my great-grandmother) b: 1909 in Casalvieri / d: 1979 in Schenectady, NY; parents: Francesco and Agnese (Monaco) Niro; Siblings: 2 brothers (Giovanni and Virginio); Immigrated in Aug 1928 ...
Violanda (my great-grandmother) b: 1909 in Casalvieri / d: 1979 in Schenectady, NY; parents: Francesco and Agnese (Monaco) Niro; Siblings: 2 brothers (Giovanni and Virginio); Immigrated in Aug 1928 ...
- 02 Nov 2010, 01:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: GIOVANNI NIRO of Casalvieri
- Replies: 18
- Views: 16528
Re: GIOVANNI NIRO of Casalvieri
Ok... So lets say that Celestino came to the US first in 1921, then went back to Italy to marry Violanda, then came back to the states again with Violanda to live. Where would I find the manifest that shows him leaving the US to go to Italy? The only manifests I can find are the ones coming into the ...
- 01 Nov 2010, 23:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: GIOVANNI NIRO of Casalvieri
- Replies: 18
- Views: 16528
Re: GIOVANNI NIRO of Casalvieri
I saw those records but was unsure if they were the same person. The 1928 trip matches his passport... I can't tell if the 1921 trip does or not. According to my grandmother, he came here to find a place to live, then went back to Italy to marry Violanda and bring her to the States.
- 01 Nov 2010, 21:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: GIOVANNI NIRO of Casalvieri
- Replies: 18
- Views: 16528
Re: GIOVANNI NIRO of Casalvieri
Hi Sherrie,
I figured I would post some of my information, too... Anyone have any information on the following:
Giovanni "John" Niro had a sister named Violanda and a brother named Virginio. Violanda Married Celestino Benacquista (my great-grandparents). They immigrated to the US in 1928 and lived ...
I figured I would post some of my information, too... Anyone have any information on the following:
Giovanni "John" Niro had a sister named Violanda and a brother named Virginio. Violanda Married Celestino Benacquista (my great-grandparents). They immigrated to the US in 1928 and lived ...