Search found 11 matches
- 24 Aug 2011, 18:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: help identifying comune
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1048
Re: help identifying comune
Thank you, Ada!
- 24 Aug 2011, 07:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: help identifying comune
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1048
help identifying comune
Is anyone able to make out what place in Italy this manifestation says? Person I am interested in is on line 2 last name Russo. Also, if anyone can read the mother's name I would appreciate it. Thanks!
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 1296140099
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 1296140099
- 06 Jan 2011, 06:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: now what?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2016
now what?
I have traced my family back to my 2nd great grandparents but I am stuck trying to find more information about them.
My gggrandparents are Tommaso Russo and Carmela Izzo of Paolisi, Benevento. My guess is that they were born sometime around 1850-1860. I have their son's passport, which I have ...
My gggrandparents are Tommaso Russo and Carmela Izzo of Paolisi, Benevento. My guess is that they were born sometime around 1850-1860. I have their son's passport, which I have ...
- 10 Dec 2010, 21:20
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help translating Italian Passport
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2795
Re: help translating Italian Passport
grazie! Does the second page just list his personal traits?
- 10 Dec 2010, 07:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Russo from Paolisi, Benevento
- Replies: 14
- Views: 4457
Re: Russo from Paolisi, Benevento
Found out some more information!!!!
Year of immigration- July 1 1907. Under name "Nicolo Rusfo" with brother Raffaele Rusfo from Paolisi. According to this, his fathers name was Pasquall.
Record states that Nicola was going to a cousin- Francisco Bellona(sp?) in Brooklyn, NY. Raffaele was going to ...
Year of immigration- July 1 1907. Under name "Nicolo Rusfo" with brother Raffaele Rusfo from Paolisi. According to this, his fathers name was Pasquall.
Record states that Nicola was going to a cousin- Francisco Bellona(sp?) in Brooklyn, NY. Raffaele was going to ...
- 10 Dec 2010, 07:01
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help translating Italian Passport
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2795
help translating Italian Passport
Hello forum! I was wondering if someone could help translate some of the information from my ggrandfather's passport. See image below.
Some information we already know that may help in translating:
Nicola Russo born 2/21/1885. Baptized at eccl parsch St Thomas Aquinatis, Paolisi, Benevento, Italy ...
Some information we already know that may help in translating:
Nicola Russo born 2/21/1885. Baptized at eccl parsch St Thomas Aquinatis, Paolisi, Benevento, Italy ...
- 23 Nov 2010, 03:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Russo from Paolisi, Benevento
- Replies: 14
- Views: 4457
Re: Russo from Paolisi, Benevento
Not that we know of, which makes it more difficult to find. I figure if I can find him in the 1910 census, then I can get more helpful information. However, I can't seem to locate him. The Verdicchio family is in the 1910 census in West Hoboken, Hudson, NJ (supervisor district 8, enumeration ...
- 23 Nov 2010, 03:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Russo from Paolisi, Benevento
- Replies: 14
- Views: 4457
Re: Russo from Paolisi, Benevento
Yes, luckily, someone in my family has researched the Verdicchio line and has been able to trace it back to the late 1600s. Louisa's father died in Casalduni.
- 23 Nov 2010, 02:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Russo from Paolisi, Benevento
- Replies: 14
- Views: 4457
Re: Russo from Paolisi, Benevento
Yes, that is my tree. If he had a social security number, that would have came up on his death index correct? When I searched those records, his information did not yield any results.
I do plan on writing to the comune with the information you provided above, so thank you. If there are any other ...
I do plan on writing to the comune with the information you provided above, so thank you. If there are any other ...
- 23 Nov 2010, 02:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Russo from Paolisi, Benevento
- Replies: 14
- Views: 4457
Re: Russo from Paolisi, Benevento
Tessa, thank you very much for all of your help. I will look into the immigration records and hopefully find a connection.
Nicola died on 10/27/1957 in Cliffside Park, Bergen County, New Jersey. This is where he raised his family in the 1930s.
Nicola died on 10/27/1957 in Cliffside Park, Bergen County, New Jersey. This is where he raised his family in the 1930s.
- 22 Nov 2010, 22:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Russo from Paolisi, Benevento
- Replies: 14
- Views: 4457
Russo from Paolisi, Benevento
I'm having trouble locating any ancestors after my gggrandfather- Nicola Russo.
Nicola Russo born 2/21/1885. He married Louisa Verdicchio of Casalduni, Benevento, Campania, Italy. Married in Oct 1911 in West Hoboken, Hudson, NJ.
According to the marriage record, Nicolam Russo was baptized at eccl ...
Nicola Russo born 2/21/1885. He married Louisa Verdicchio of Casalduni, Benevento, Campania, Italy. Married in Oct 1911 in West Hoboken, Hudson, NJ.
According to the marriage record, Nicolam Russo was baptized at eccl ...