You might want to try a USCIS "Index Search" request to see what records turn up. If deportation action was instituted, I am pretty certain the records would be found there.
Alternatively, send an email to Genealogy.USCIS@dhs.gov and inquire about the availability of deportation records. Or, try ...
Search found 27 matches
- 12 Oct 2011, 19:14
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: My great grand father US deportation
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1354
- 12 Oct 2011, 19:11
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: My great grand father US deportation
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1354
Re: My great grand father US deportation
Just a quick question...
I found the WWII card for John Scognamillo you mentioned above (DOB - May 1888)
BUT - I also found a WWII card for another John Scognamillo living on Mott St. in NYC - (DOB - Dec 1886)
Was your GGF married at the time?
T.
Hi,
he was born in Alghero (Sardinia) ON MAY ...
I found the WWII card for John Scognamillo you mentioned above (DOB - May 1888)
BUT - I also found a WWII card for another John Scognamillo living on Mott St. in NYC - (DOB - Dec 1886)
Was your GGF married at the time?
T.
Hi,
he was born in Alghero (Sardinia) ON MAY ...
- 12 Oct 2011, 15:44
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: My great grand father US deportation
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1354
My great grand father US deportation
Hello, I found my great grand father (John Scognamillo) registration card WWII. It results that on April 25 1942 he was detained at Ellis Island awaiting deportation proceedings.
I don't know anything about his deportation in Usa. Could anyone help me in this research??
Thanks....
I don't know anything about his deportation in Usa. Could anyone help me in this research??
Thanks....
- 04 Oct 2011, 14:48
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: My italian uncle prisoner during the World War II
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2115
Re: My italian uncle prisoner during the World War II
Thanks a lot! I'll do it as soon as possible!
Best regards from Italy:)
Best regards from Italy:)
- 04 Oct 2011, 14:12
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: My italian uncle prisoner during the World War II
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2115
Re: My italian uncle prisoner during the World War II
Sorry, the website page doesn't work. I can't see a list of prisoners...
Have you found my uncle name?????
I look forward to hearing from you soon, many thanks!
Have you found my uncle name?????
I look forward to hearing from you soon, many thanks!
- 29 Sep 2011, 14:59
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: My italian uncle prisoner during the World War II
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2115
My italian uncle prisoner during the World War II
Hi, I'm looking for my uncle Simula Angelo (date of birth 1899? in Alghero (SS)- Sardinia), who worked as a fireman on board of cargo ships from Genoa (Town when he lived) to all over the world. I found a passengers-crew list of Ida Vessel departed from MArsiglia and arrived at Brownsville (Texas ...
- 30 Mar 2011, 10:17
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: My Great Grandfather American Family
- Replies: 25
- Views: 7731
Re: My Great Grandfather American Family
Hi, are there any news about my great grand-father??
Please let me have some reply....Have a nice day!
Please let me have some reply....Have a nice day!
- 22 Jan 2011, 16:16
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: My Great Grandfather American Family
- Replies: 25
- Views: 7731
Re: My Great Grandfather American Family
Hi, I found Sibille Costantina (Tina), date of birth 1895 in Ellis Island Passenger's records. She arrived at New york at the age of 18, she worked as a maid.
Then, in 1930 she travelled with her husband Calosso Dino. I think she is 'Tina', the woman my great grandfather met in New York.
Happy ...
Then, in 1930 she travelled with her husband Calosso Dino. I think she is 'Tina', the woman my great grandfather met in New York.
Happy ...
- 12 Jan 2011, 13:08
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: My Great Grandfather American Family
- Replies: 25
- Views: 7731
Re: My Great Grandfather American Family
Any news about him???
- 12 Jan 2011, 12:59
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Lo zio d'America
- Replies: 10
- Views: 3819
Re: Lo zio d'America
Any news about him??
- 09 Jan 2011, 17:58
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: My Great Grandfather American Family
- Replies: 25
- Views: 7731
Re: My Great Grandfather American Family
Hi, any news??
I've found a letter of my grandfather who wrote from New York to His sons. The address is 125 Mc Dougal Street (Now Club Groove).
On the document you have sent to me there is 123 Mc Dougal Street with the name DR. Giordano, perhaps one of his neighbours or a friend. (Today Ben's ...
I've found a letter of my grandfather who wrote from New York to His sons. The address is 125 Mc Dougal Street (Now Club Groove).
On the document you have sent to me there is 123 Mc Dougal Street with the name DR. Giordano, perhaps one of his neighbours or a friend. (Today Ben's ...
- 07 Jan 2011, 15:21
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: My Great Grandfather American Family
- Replies: 25
- Views: 7731
Re: My Great Grandfather American Family
Sibille is a surname of North Italy (Piemonte) and Calosso too has the same origin;)
- 07 Jan 2011, 15:12
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: My Great Grandfather American Family
- Replies: 25
- Views: 7731
Re: My Great Grandfather American Family
Giovanni lived with Tina, but I'm not sure if they werw married. Calosso might be the surname of her first husband.
- 07 Jan 2011, 13:20
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: My Great Grandfather American Family
- Replies: 25
- Views: 7731
Re: My Great Grandfather American Family
In that period (1930's) he probably lived alone, without a woman...
thanks for your help!!!!!!!
thanks for your help!!!!!!!
- 06 Jan 2011, 19:38
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: My Great Grandfather American Family
- Replies: 25
- Views: 7731
Re: My Great Grandfather American Family
With his wife's name Calosso Tina who lived with him in New York is perhaps easy to find other information.
Many thanks!
Many thanks!