Search found 27 matches

by htbrown1953
28 Dec 2010, 03:46
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Trying to find information for a Giuseppe Digaro
Replies: 45
Views: 10733

Re: Trying to find information for a Giuseppe Digaro

maestra36, I was browsing through other entries on this website and I came across an entry from a user that goes by the username blackZ06 Here's a link to that website page: http://www.italiangenealogy.com/Forums/viewtopic/p=103199.html I sent an e-mail to the guy that I was looking all of this info...
by htbrown1953
27 Dec 2010, 05:10

maestra36,

You beat me to the punch with the information about the marriage records.

I guess I'll have to type faster next time. :)

I'll check the other links that you provided and see where they lead me.

Thanks.
by htbrown1953
27 Dec 2010, 04:55

Maestra36, Just on a hunch I tried that New York marriage records website once again, but this time I entered in the name of Giuseppe De Garo and it came up with the correct marriage records. Here's that groom information: Surname: DeCara Given Name: Giuseppe Month of Marriage: Apr Day of Marriage: ...
by htbrown1953
27 Dec 2010, 04:23

maestra36, Thanks for all of your help. I found a website where you can look up the brides and grooms that were married in New York. Here's a link to that website: http://www.genealogybranches.com/newyork.html I checked to see if a Joseph De Caro was married after 1900 and I found several Joseph De ...
by htbrown1953
26 Dec 2010, 18:16

Maestra36, Thanks for your continued work with this. I went to the website that you found and saved the document to my computer and then I used my Photoshop software to make a close-up view of this baptism record and uploaded the document to my image shack page. Here's a link to that baptism record ...
by htbrown1953
26 Dec 2010, 04:28

Maestra36, Thanks for all of your help. You've gone way above as far as helping is concerned to what I had expected when I first posted my messages here. The last name of this person changes quite often, because I found a 1930 census record for these people and the name was shown as being Joseph Dic...
by htbrown1953
26 Dec 2010, 03:32

Maestra36, Thanks for the getting me that information from that passenger list so I could read it. My former co-worker that I'm looking all of this information up for had been curious as to whether any of his relatives still lived over in Italy and if so how he might be able to contact them. Since t...
by htbrown1953
26 Dec 2010, 03:09

Misbris, Thanks for the link to that ship. I had found that passenger list earlier in my searching and I had thought that it might be the correct person as well. The death certificate for Joseph De Caro had stated that his father was also called Joseph De Caro. The person on this ship's passenger li...
by htbrown1953
26 Dec 2010, 02:58

I forgot to add a few more documents for this family and one of those documents was a death certificate for the wife of Giuseppe Digaro, who was named Theresa De Caro. Her maiden name was Theresa Panaro. I also found her name written as Theresa Panari in the newspaper obituary for her husband Joseph...
by htbrown1953
26 Dec 2010, 02:39

Thanks to all of your for your quick replies. I had figured that it would be days or weeks before anyone responded to my message. Here is some more additional information about this family in case you want to verify whether the information that you provided to me is accurate or not.. The oldest daug...
by htbrown1953
25 Dec 2010, 23:11

Misbris, Thanks for replying so quickly. I looked at this document that you provided and it looks like there was a Giuseppe De Cara at the bottom of the document. It shows the age of this person as being 50 years old, so this would be too old to be the Giuseppe Digaro that I'm looking for. Here's a ...
by htbrown1953
25 Dec 2010, 21:55

Trying to find information for a Giuseppe Digaro

I am trying to find more information about an ancestor of a former co-worker of mine. This co-worker's grandfather was named Giuseppe Digaro and he came over to the U.S. on July 16, 1904 on a ship called the Citta Di Torino. Giuseppe Digaro changed his name some time after he had lived here in the U...