by Gviola
23 Jul 2012, 16:24
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Need help translating a document
Replies: 2
Views: 903

Re: Need help translating a document

Adelfo

Thank you so very much. I figured out about half of the information but I wasn't certain.
You confirmed I was somewhat on the right path. This will help me in translating other documents.

Thank you

Gary
by Gviola
22 Jul 2012, 05:56
Topic: Need help translating a document
Views: 903

Need help translating a document

I'm just learning to translate documents but I'm finding it rather difficult. Is anyone able to help with the translation? #114 Giovanni Viola http://www.flickr.com/photos/83161268@N05/7619505310/ # 35 Teresa Serafin http://www.flickr.com/photos/83161268@N05/7619506554/ For anyone that can help I th...
by Gviola
16 Oct 2011, 00:12
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Contacting Churches in Italy
Replies: 10
Views: 3362

Re: Contacting Churches in Italy

Yes. I've gone as far back as possible in the state archives. They have now suggested I search the church archives for information prior to unification.
by Gviola
15 Oct 2011, 23:29

I sent my requests in both Italian and English. Luckily, I have a friend who was able to translate the letters for me.
by Gviola
15 Oct 2011, 22:42

Sorry, but I don't speak or write Italian so I'm not sure what the above statements are saying. What are these websites and what may I find there?
by Gviola
15 Oct 2011, 16:41

Yes, the parish I tried was S. MARIA DELLA PIEVE. Some new information has come to light so now I'm also going to try PARROCCHIA DI S.MARIA ASSUNTA E S.LIBERALE. It is possible my family were members of the latter parish.
by Gviola
14 Oct 2011, 19:32
Topic: Can someone please translate
Views: 694

Re: Can someone please translate

Thank you so very much for the translation. Your help was very much appreciated.

Gary
by Gviola
14 Oct 2011, 18:03

Yes I have. It's been over a month and still no reply. It hasn't been that long so maybe in the next few weeks a response will come.
by Gviola
14 Oct 2011, 16:24

Contacting Churches in Italy

I've made several attempts to contact some Parrishes in Castelfranco Veneto about my family history. I've sent emails as well as regular mail, but I never get a response. Is there something else I should be doing or trying. Is it typical for these churches not to respond to genealogical requests. An...
by Gviola
14 Oct 2011, 16:20
Topic: Can someone please translate
Views: 694

Can someone please translate

I received a letter from Italy. Can someone please translate the contents for me. Ciao Gary, ho visto adesso il certificato di nascita di mio padre solo ora!! E' stato emozionante; grazie davvero. Allora un po di storia della mia famiglia; mio padre Ubaldo purtroppo è mancato nel 2005 all'età di 82 ...
by Gviola
14 Mar 2011, 22:29
Topic: I need advice to searching archives in Italy
Replies: 8
Views: 2408

Re: I need advice to searching archives in Italy

Thanks for the advice Ann. In regards to a letter from the Bishop. I'm not a regular church goer, so that may be a little difficult but I'll certainly make a note of your other suggestions.

Gary
by Gviola
14 Mar 2011, 13:11

Re: I need advice to searching archives in Italy

Thanks again Marty

I'll definitely look for it.

Gary
by Gviola
13 Mar 2011, 17:24

I need advice to searching archives in Italy

In the near future I may be traveling to the city of Castelfranco Veneto. My plan is to search the civil archives as well as the local Parish archives. What advice does anyone have in regards to dealing with the above archives. Are their any special requirements that I need to be aware of? Do I need...
by Gviola
12 Mar 2011, 18:16
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Research in Castelfranco
Replies: 6
Views: 1506

Re: Research in Castelfranco

The two documents I've received from the comune don't show any address on the birth record. I think I'll write to the oldest churches and hopefully get a response. I have sent 2 emails to one church but so far they have not responded. I've found some family in the town and they are starting to help ...
by Gviola
12 Mar 2011, 15:48
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Research in Castelfranco
Replies: 6
Views: 1506

Re: Research in Castelfranco

I've been in contact with the comune of Castelfranco Veneto and have had success. The trail stops with my great grandfather. The comune does not have any records prior to 1871. They sent me a letter and suggested I contact the local parishes. I'm fairly new at researching family history. That's why ...