Ok, I'll go along with that. I guess it's one of those that's a synonym for 'regular' but literally is different....unlike "regulare".
What are you using for your definitions? Something other than google?
Search found 7 matches
- 16 Feb 2011, 15:30
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help translating a passport from 1900
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3700
- 16 Feb 2011, 13:36
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help translating a passport from 1900
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3700
Re: Help translating a passport from 1900
Actually I am still curious about the mouth. I get that the nose is regular....regulare. But the mouth has a different word there. It looks like 'giusta' to me. Is that another word for 'regular'?
- 16 Feb 2011, 13:21
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help translating a passport from 1900
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3700
Re: Help translating a passport from 1900
Thank you!!
- 16 Feb 2011, 05:10
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help translating a passport from 1900
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3700
Re: Help translating a passport from 1900
Thanks Tessa! I appreciate the help.
Can you (or anyone else) help me with the other parts too?
The first paragraph about 'please the civil and military..."? That must translate better than what google told me.
And the last one about "clearance behind the mayor..."? I KNOW that can't be right ...
Can you (or anyone else) help me with the other parts too?
The first paragraph about 'please the civil and military..."? That must translate better than what google told me.
And the last one about "clearance behind the mayor..."? I KNOW that can't be right ...
- 16 Feb 2011, 02:50
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help translating a passport from 1900
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3700
Re: Help translating a passport from 1900
Ah....the "S'" is really a "d'" huh? No way I'd have guessed that was a 'd'...doesn't look anything like the others to me!
I'm confused though about the 'fu Nicola'. I would assume then that Nicola would have been Anna Maria's mother? 'Nicola Mastromonaco'?
Any thoughts about her last name? I ...
I'm confused though about the 'fu Nicola'. I would assume then that Nicola would have been Anna Maria's mother? 'Nicola Mastromonaco'?
Any thoughts about her last name? I ...
- 15 Feb 2011, 18:43
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help translating a passport from 1900
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3700
Re: Help translating a passport from 1900
Hmm....That would be more helpful wouldn't it. Actually I thought I did attach the image. I guess I thought using the Browse button to find the file would attach it......I wondered why there needed to be the "Add Attachment" button too. Duh...... :roll:
Along the left side of the image is where ...
Along the left side of the image is where ...
- 15 Feb 2011, 04:37
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help translating a passport from 1900
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3700
Help translating a passport from 1900
Hi! I just was sent a scan of my GGGrandmother's passport to come from Italy. I think I've done pretty well with translating it using translate.google.com but I'm stuck on a couple things I just can't figure out.
According to google, I've got:
The Minister of Foreign Affairs
please the civil and ...
According to google, I've got:
The Minister of Foreign Affairs
please the civil and ...