HI everyone,
I wanted to give you a follow up - the link to your site and Certificate request form was SO HELPFUL.
I used the form you provided the link to, I wrote to the Priverno office and received such a fast response! I received his birth certificate and all of the information and "leads ...
Search found 8 matches
- 06 May 2011, 22:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Stumped on Tommaso Coppa / Capua / Caupa
- Replies: 15
- Views: 3691
- 10 Mar 2011, 17:25
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help on a Name?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2378
Re: Help on a Name?
Tessa, thank you so much! I'm not familiar with Italian first names or last names, so your input is much appreciated! I have a few more documents on my Grandpa, but they don't provide any other leads outside of the US.
This story is very interesting - let's see if I can condense it at all:
Our ...
This story is very interesting - let's see if I can condense it at all:
Our ...
- 10 Mar 2011, 17:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Stumped on Tommaso Coppa / Capua / Caupa
- Replies: 15
- Views: 3691
Re: Stumped on Tommaso Coppa / Capua / Caupa
Many thanks to all of you! This is such a phenomenal break through! How do you know what to do? Have you taken a class or course on this? I would like to help people also...
- 09 Mar 2011, 21:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Stumped on Tommaso Coppa / Capua / Caupa
- Replies: 15
- Views: 3691
Re: Stumped on Tommaso Coppa / Capua / Caupa
hi,
here the Tommaso CAPUA arrival:
First Name: Tommato (Tommaso)
Last Name: Capna (CAPUA)
Ethnicity: Italy, South
Last Place of Residence: Piperno, Italy
Date of Arrival: Jun 06, 1910
Age at Arrival: 20y Gender: M Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Duca di Genova
Port of Departure: Napoli ...
here the Tommaso CAPUA arrival:
First Name: Tommato (Tommaso)
Last Name: Capna (CAPUA)
Ethnicity: Italy, South
Last Place of Residence: Piperno, Italy
Date of Arrival: Jun 06, 1910
Age at Arrival: 20y Gender: M Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Duca di Genova
Port of Departure: Napoli ...
- 09 Mar 2011, 21:38
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help on a Name?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2378
Re: Help on a Name?
Hmm, I don't think my images are showing. Here's the link to my images: https://picasaweb.google.com/summerwass ... directlink
- 09 Mar 2011, 21:36
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help on a Name?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2378
Re: Help on a Name?
Yes, the names came from my great grandpa's naturalization papers.
They were written by someone American as he spoke with his Italian accent, so I don't know if the names are even spelled right...
Thanks for taking a look. There are various mysteries, beyond the name spellings! But I figured I ...
They were written by someone American as he spoke with his Italian accent, so I don't know if the names are even spelled right...
Thanks for taking a look. There are various mysteries, beyond the name spellings! But I figured I ...
- 09 Mar 2011, 18:15
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help on a Name?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2378
Help on a Name?
Hello,
I have two names and I am not sure how they would be correctly spelled.
I hope you will have some ideas!
These names were written down while someone with an Italian accent spoke:
Name 1: Griden'ta (first name)
Name 2: Tommaso (first name)
Name 3: Sirsni (surname?)
Are these names ...
I have two names and I am not sure how they would be correctly spelled.
I hope you will have some ideas!
These names were written down while someone with an Italian accent spoke:
Name 1: Griden'ta (first name)
Name 2: Tommaso (first name)
Name 3: Sirsni (surname?)
Are these names ...
- 09 Mar 2011, 18:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Stumped on Tommaso Coppa / Capua / Caupa
- Replies: 15
- Views: 3691
Stumped on Tommaso Coppa / Capua / Caupa
Hi everyone,
I hope you have some great ideas for me. We have been researching this for YEARS and I'm so new to genealogy that I am pretty stuck.
My great grandfather came to the US in 1910, and his name was changed. However, I have some documents which list his original name as Tommaso Coppa ...
I hope you have some great ideas for me. We have been researching this for YEARS and I'm so new to genealogy that I am pretty stuck.
My great grandfather came to the US in 1910, and his name was changed. However, I have some documents which list his original name as Tommaso Coppa ...