Search found 19 matches

by EdDiDo
01 Jun 2011, 05:08
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: help with traqnslation of a profession listed on birth certi
Replies: 1
Views: 1088

help with traqnslation of a profession listed on birth certi

I have come across the word segatore. It is listed as a profession for many of the male residence of Scontrone. I cannot get a translation for this word. Does anyone know what this word means?

Thanks for the help

eddido
by EdDiDo
26 May 2011, 04:41
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: translation of a civil batism record
Replies: 4
Views: 2295

translation of a civil batism record

At the bottom of an Atto di Nascita, in which the civil offical sent a birth notice to the parish priest, is a statment by the priest, and another by the offical. I am having a problem with their translation. I hope someone can help. the statments read as follows;

Al Signor Parroco Di Scontrone
Il ...
by EdDiDo
22 May 2011, 02:41
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation help for Atto Di Nascita
Replies: 3
Views: 1160

Re: Translation help for Atto Di Nascita

tessa, thanks for the reply, I am sure you are right.

eddido
by EdDiDo
21 May 2011, 21:46
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation help for Atto Di Nascita
Replies: 3
Views: 1160

Translation help for Atto Di Nascita

There is a word (mafehio) written in the ninth line of the Atto Di Nascita from SCONTRONE that I cannot get a translation. Line eight and ninth read as, domiciliato in Scontrone La quale ci ha prescutato un mafehio secondoche abbiamo riconosciuto. I translate these two lines as follows, housed in ...
by EdDiDo
30 Apr 2011, 14:44
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: need a visa?
Replies: 2
Views: 917

need a visa?

How many days can one stay in Italy before needing a visa?

Thanks for the reply

eddido
by EdDiDo
26 Apr 2011, 15:35
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: certificato di stato di famiglia, where to apply?
Replies: 8
Views: 2646

Re: certificato di stato di famiglia, where to apply?

Italysearcher, thanks for the advise. I will do as you recommend.

eddido
by EdDiDo
25 Apr 2011, 15:24
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: certificato di stato di famiglia, where to apply?
Replies: 8
Views: 2646

Re: certificato di stato di famiglia, where to apply?

Italysearcher, thanks for the suggestion. I believe I can find my greatgrandparents marriage records through the LDS,their records are conlete up to 1865, and as you suggest I can request the marriage records for my grandfather and two great uncles. However, I am sure that my grandfather had more ...
by EdDiDo
24 Apr 2011, 02:15
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: certificato di stato di famiglia, where to apply?
Replies: 8
Views: 2646

Re: certificato di stato di famiglia, where to apply?

Johnnonthespot, thanks for the reply. I will submit my request, they will probably ignore it but I plan on visiting Scontrone this summer. Hopefully, by then, they will have at least given it some thought.

eddido
by EdDiDo
23 Apr 2011, 16:01
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: certificato di stato di famiglia, where to apply?
Replies: 8
Views: 2646

certificato di stato di famiglia, where to apply?

My grandparents, and all prior generations were born in Scontrone, L'Aquila, Abruzzo, Italy. I would like to get a family certificate showing the date and place of birth of each family member. I know the names of my great grandparents but not their marriage date or birth dates. To get the family ...
by EdDiDo
14 Apr 2011, 19:30
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: numbers above an immigration name ?
Replies: 14
Views: 3554

Re: numbers above an immigration name ?

Johnnyonthespot thanks for all the help, I will do what you suggest.

eddido
by EdDiDo
14 Apr 2011, 17:58
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: numbers above an immigration name ?
Replies: 14
Views: 3554

Re: numbers above an immigration name ?

Johnnyonthespot I found the Ellis Island Konigin Luise reference for the 1870 born (35 year old) Giovanni Di Domenico, it is on page 0151, two pages removed from the 1890 (16 year old Giovanni Di Domenico. The Ellis Island records lists the 1870 born Giovanni as having the surname Giovanni instead ...
by EdDiDo
13 Apr 2011, 22:54
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: numbers above an immigration name ?
Replies: 14
Views: 3554

Re: numbers above an immigration name ?

Johnnyonthespot, I used Ancestry.com to look up the records for Giovanni di domenico, born 1870, when I used Ellisisland I found only the 16 year old Giovanni Di Domenico. I do not know why there is a difference in the records. Ancestry list the 16 year old Giovanni as arriving on May 4, 1906 on the ...
by EdDiDo
13 Apr 2011, 22:12
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: numbers above an immigration name ?
Replies: 14
Views: 3554

Re: numbers above an immigration name ?

johnnyonthespot, good try but not him. My grandfather was born about 1870, not 1890. In 1940 he lived on Polk street not St Louis Ave. He never used a middle name, but if he did have a middle name, it is a mystery to the family. I plan a visit to Scontrone this summer, perhaps I will get more ...
by EdDiDo
13 Apr 2011, 19:17
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: numbers above an immigration name ?
Replies: 14
Views: 3554

Re: numbers above an immigration name ?

johnnyonthespot, thank for the reply, I have searched Ancestry, and family search but did not find a naturalization record for Giovanni Di Domenico. I did find a naturalization record for his brother Ernesto Di Domenico. Giovanni was born October 27, 1870 in Scontrone, L'Aquila, Abruzzo, Italy. He ...
by EdDiDo
13 Apr 2011, 15:17
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: numbers above an immigration name ?
Replies: 14
Views: 3554

Re: numbers above an immigration name ?

Johnnyonthespot, thanks for the reply. The manifest was dated 1906 so the notation must have been added sometime after 1938. Would the government spend the time to go back and add such a notation to an old document. In his 1930 census Giovanni was list as an alein, I wait the 1940 Census,perhaps he ...