Search found 22 matches
- 10 Apr 2011, 02:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Gialanella/Caruso family
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1161
Re: Gialanella/Caruso family
Thank you so much Laura, but I guess I was unclear. I know that info. That is my tree. What I wanted to see was if anyone might happen to have any info on his parents, grandparents, etc. The spelling above is incorrect; it is Gialanella. "Raphael" (Ralph) is my father-in-law. But thanks so much for ...
- 09 Apr 2011, 03:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Gialanella/Caruso family
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1161
Gialanella/Caruso family
I am trying to find more info on Agostino Gialanella, born 22 July 1884 in Italy...not sure where exactly, but his son (Alfonso) was born in Guardia Lombardi. Agostino died
18 Dec 1969. His wife Antonia Caruso was born 16 May 1885 also in Italy, but not sure where. She died 4 Dec 1941. I know he ...
18 Dec 1969. His wife Antonia Caruso was born 16 May 1885 also in Italy, but not sure where. She died 4 Dec 1941. I know he ...
- 26 Mar 2011, 08:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italy help
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1219
Re: Italy help
Thank you, but I have that info. I am just wondering if anyone might have info about this family, specifically. I guess I am asking wrong...so thanks anyway.
- 26 Mar 2011, 00:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italy help
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1219
Italy help
Does anyone have any way for me to find info from family descending from Italy. I am trying to find the name of the parents of Agostino Gialanella, born 22 July 1884; died 18 Dec 1969; married Antonia Caruso; 15 Oct 1909 he arrived in USA from Italy, on the Mendoza. He had 6 children, Alfonse ...
- 24 Mar 2011, 23:31
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: new member needs help translating this:
- Replies: 15
- Views: 5440
Re: new member needs help translating this:
She was my husband's aunt. He doesn't remember much about her. He knows her dad did not like the man she married at all. He was much older than her. She moved back to the USA and was always sick. As far as we have figured out, she died in NY in 1994...but my husband says she basically disappeared ...
- 24 Mar 2011, 06:26
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: new member needs help translating this:
- Replies: 15
- Views: 5440
Re: new member needs help translating this:
Thank you so much. I know the last page was rather cut off, so the end wasn't available. I appreciate the time you took to do this so very much. thank you, thank you!! 
- 23 Mar 2011, 15:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Does anyone have any info on...
- Replies: 3
- Views: 972
Re: Does anyone have any info on...
yes, that leads me back to my original post... 
- 23 Mar 2011, 01:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Does anyone have any info on...
- Replies: 3
- Views: 972
Does anyone have any info on...
My research has gotten stuck after finding Alfonso Gialanella, father of Agostino. Agostino was married to Antonia Caruso. I have a name (?) of Portinova Concetta. Any help would be great.
- 22 Mar 2011, 23:59
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: new member needs help translating this:
- Replies: 15
- Views: 5440
Re: new member needs help translating this:
here is the document I would appreciate a translation for. Thanks for the help.
http://postimage.org/image/31f33ogkk/
http://postimage.org/image/31f6er5k4/
http://postimage.org/image/31f33ogkk/
http://postimage.org/image/31f6er5k4/
- 22 Mar 2011, 23:54
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: new member needs help translating this:
- Replies: 15
- Views: 5440
Re: new member needs help translating this:
Here are the other 3 pages to the letter. I will post the document I have in another post:
This first one is actually 2 pages side by side;
http://postimage.org/image/319kn6tb8/
http://postimage.org/image/31ca7wag4/
Thanks for all your help!
This first one is actually 2 pages side by side;
http://postimage.org/image/319kn6tb8/
http://postimage.org/image/31ca7wag4/
Thanks for all your help!
- 22 Mar 2011, 19:39
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Can anyone help?
- Replies: 20
- Views: 4233
Re: Can anyone help?
NO...that is not a silly question, but :? I didn't know what it had said. I was guessing that his father's name was Alfonso, but couldn't prove it. Wow!!! I LIKE this site. Do you happen to know how much it costs to have those certificates sent to me if I write to them? I would want to include it ...
- 22 Mar 2011, 19:11
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Can anyone help?
- Replies: 20
- Views: 4233
- 22 Mar 2011, 19:04
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Can anyone help?
- Replies: 20
- Views: 4233
Re: Can anyone help?
thanks, I will try postimage.org
I have just started using Ancestry .com but didn't find the 1910 manifest, so thanks
I have just started using Ancestry .com but didn't find the 1910 manifest, so thanks
- 22 Mar 2011, 19:01
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Can anyone help?
- Replies: 20
- Views: 4233
Re: Can anyone help?
Hopefully this comes out ok, but here is the passport

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
- 22 Mar 2011, 18:50
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Can anyone help?
- Replies: 20
- Views: 4233
Re: Can anyone help?
yes, I spelled Alfonse wrong, but this is correct. How do you post the pictures? I want to post the passport info I have, but can't seem to get it to work even though I am using ImageShack... Where did you find the 1910 manifest? Fascinating!

