Gialanella/Caruso family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
springdal

Gialanella/Caruso family

Post by springdal »

I am trying to find more info on Agostino Gialanella, born 22 July 1884 in Italy...not sure where exactly, but his son (Alfonso) was born in Guardia Lombardi. Agostino died
18 Dec 1969. His wife Antonia Caruso was born 16 May 1885 also in Italy, but not sure where. She died 4 Dec 1941. I know he was a tailor and traveled to the USA 3 times, once in 1904, again in 1905 and finally in 1909. Antonia and Alfonso came over in 1910. Any info on their parents, etc. would be tremendously appreciated. In fact, any more detailed info on Agostino would be appreciated too. Thanks in advance. :)
pink67
Master
Master

Re: Gialanella/Caruso family

Post by pink67 »

Is the Gialanella tree on Ancestry.com your?
I am trying to find more info on Agostino Gialanella, born 22 July 1884 in Italy...not sure where exactly,
On the tree there is a photo of the italian passport of Agostino Gialanella, it stated that he was born in Guardia Lombardi (Avellino Province - Campania region) no doubt on his birth place being an official italian document...

just for references, the 1920 census from Ancestry.com:

1920 United States Federal Census
about Olaus Ginella
Name: Olaus Ginella
[Olgus Ginella]
[Olgus Gerrells]
Home in 1920: Jackson Ward 7, Jackson, Michigan
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1886
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Self (Head)
[Head]
Spouse's Name: Lena Ginella
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Sex: Male
Home owned: Rent
Year of immigration: 1910
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Olaus Ginella 34
Lena Ginella 34
Alphonse Ginella 11
Angelo Ginella 8[9]
Lena Ginella 6
Raphael Ginella 5
May Ginella 3
Kalese Ginella 1[1 8/12]

Laura
springdal

Re: Gialanella/Caruso family

Post by springdal »

Thank you so much Laura, but I guess I was unclear. I know that info. That is my tree. What I wanted to see was if anyone might happen to have any info on his parents, grandparents, etc. The spelling above is incorrect; it is Gialanella. "Raphael" (Ralph) is my father-in-law. But thanks so much for your effort.