thx :)
by NonItalian
27 Mar 2011, 12:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Brunesti family from Calabria
Replies: 5
Views: 825

Re: Brunesti family from Calabria

Yeah, I had suspected it could be Brunetti. I have a Dontato Antonio BRUNETTI entering the US at around the same time that I had Toney Brunesti entering, but there are so many different names for what appear to be the same man, I can't yet be certain it was the same guy. I don't have a tremendous am...
by NonItalian
27 Mar 2011, 01:49
Topic: Brunesti family from Calabria
Replies: 5
Views: 825

Brunesti family from Calabria

I have a lead on another aspect of my wife's family. Her great grandfather married a woman named Mary Rose Brunesti, a first generation American from an Italian immigrant family. Her father immigrated in 1993. The names we have for him include Thomas, Toney, Domenico, and possibly Dontato Brunesti. ...
by NonItalian
27 Mar 2011, 00:58
Topic: Testi family info request
Replies: 31
Views: 4004

Re: Testi family info request

Oh yeah, on the manifests linked above, in column 18, what does the word or abbreviation that looks like "Bosch" mean or stand for?
by NonItalian
27 Mar 2011, 00:34

Debi, So, that first page of a ship's manifest like the one posted above, I can never get that to show up on Ellis Island.com. Is that something you only get if you pay for it or is there another site? I'm confused. Right now, I'm trying to piece together a family picture from immigration records an...
by NonItalian
26 Mar 2011, 02:13

You know, this is why I had not been able to find these people! I went back to Ellis Island.org knowing now who was on what boat. I looked up names. I looked up various spellings. I even looked up the individual boats and the launch dates and one by one read through the entire manifests looking for ...
by NonItalian
25 Mar 2011, 14:32

DebiHarbuck wrote: Ship Name: Taormina

On line #17: http://postimage.org/image/iyoae78k/
Debi, do you have access to the second page of this manifest with the rest of Fulvio's information? If so, could you post a link to it, please? Thanks!
by NonItalian
25 Mar 2011, 03:25

So, Ferucio is from Verona. Yet the ship he sailed upon is french from the port of Le Havre on the English Channel. Did the ship sail to Northern Italy and then to America or did they catch a ride to the North Coast of France? No, the Rochambeau left from LeHavre. He would have traveled there. T. O...
by NonItalian
25 Mar 2011, 03:15

Help? That's very kind of you. You have been a huge help already! My wife's family is a very fractured one. Ferucio married Mary Rose Brunesti and had kids with her. Some time later she is living in southern California, married with the last name of "Alonzo". I don't believe they had more ...
by NonItalian
25 Mar 2011, 02:24

So, Ferucio is from Verona. Yet the ship he sailed upon is french from the port of Le Havre on the English Channel. Did the ship sail to Northern Italy and then to America or did they catch a ride to the North Coast of France?
by NonItalian
25 Mar 2011, 02:12

LOL Tessa. I can't tell you how long I have been looking for the information on this manifest! I have searched everywhere! Now to track down Massimiliano and Appoloni! And to figure out what happened to Ferucio between 1935 and 1955. And to figure out the biological parents of my wife's grandmother....
by NonItalian
25 Mar 2011, 02:04

BTW, on Page 1 of the links Tessa gave earlier, Line 4 is an Augusto "Cesti", also from Veronese, one of the other names I found in Olean who also petitioned for naturalization around the same time. He left behind a wife, but that doesn't mean he isn't a brother, cousin or uncle (he's 10 y...
by NonItalian
25 Mar 2011, 01:53

No kidding the hunting is good! And QUICK! Wow! Thank you so much!
by NonItalian
25 Mar 2011, 00:01

Testi family info request

Hey everybody, I'm researching my wife's side of the family and have hit a roadblock just a couple of generations back. First, let me tell you what I know: Her maternal great grandfather was Ferucio Testi, an Italian immigrant. This is the focus of my hunt right now, though any ancillary information...