Search found 8 matches

by jgold1213
12 Mar 2012, 14:46
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: finding family records in Scafati and Atrani
Replies: 25
Views: 12933

Re: finding family records in Scafati and Atrani

I did find records but not through the letters that I wrote to them, I never heard back. I had someone local obtain them for me. I was recently in Italy and wrote a generic letter and mailed it to about 20 people that had the same surnames as my grandparents. I found these addresses in the internati...
by jgold1213
06 Jul 2011, 18:02

I was in Atrani in 1961 when I was 5 years old. From what I remember, we stayed with a family that were relatives in some way to my grandmother. I think it was on a farm and I remember my mother saying that they exported to the US. I have two pictures from then-one of me with several kids and one of...
by jgold1213
06 Jul 2011, 01:52

Yes, I tried an email before the letters. I gave my email again in the letters in case I had something wrong in their email addresses. I wanted to give them some time and I think that I will follow up with an email again.

Thank you for the insight that you gave.
by jgold1213
04 Jul 2011, 17:02

Hi Pippo, Thanks for the info. I had a feeling that Scafati would be harder that Atrani. Are the records kept in these towns by the local offices or by one of the churches? Who keeps the stato di familgia? What can I expect when I look for records in Italy? Will they let me look through them myself ...
by jgold1213
02 Jul 2011, 05:39

Hi Pippo, Thanks for the link, it is a great website. I haven't yet found what I am looking for but I have found it very interesting! I know that I have to spend more time reading it. You are living In Rome? My daughter just returned from there. We plan to return in January and tour some of the majo...
by jgold1213
01 Jul 2011, 00:21

Hi, Thanks for your response. Our grandfathers arrived from Scafati in the same year. I have a full membership to Ancestry, too, but it hasn't helped. That region doesn't have anything transcribed onto the site. I have tried the Family Search Center, but they don't have records of that area either. ...
by jgold1213
14 May 2011, 04:35

finding family records in Scafati and Atrani

My grandfather was born in Scafati and my grandmother was born in Atrani in the 1880's. I have been unable to find ANY online records for these towns. I have sent emails to each of the towns but still have not heard from them. I know my all of my great-grandparents names except for my grandmother's ...