Search found 46 matches
- 06 Aug 2013, 03:30
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: How/where to obtain background checks
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2664
Re: How/where to obtain background checks
Thanks. I saw that website, but I questioned the legitimacy of the info....
- 06 Aug 2013, 03:11
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: How/where to obtain background checks
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2664
How/where to obtain background checks
Hello, i tried to search the web and this site, but couldn't find an answer.
In order to apply for citizenship thru marriage, I need to obtain background checks.
I have only lived in NY. Does anyone have any experience or information to share?
I called my local police station and they had no idea ...
In order to apply for citizenship thru marriage, I need to obtain background checks.
I have only lived in NY. Does anyone have any experience or information to share?
I called my local police station and they had no idea ...
- 03 May 2012, 05:54
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Name changes... Making them... Too much trouble?
- Replies: 11
- Views: 6938
Re: Name changes... Making them... Too much trouble?
The list from the consulate seems longer! They want names to match. I will look at the letters of exempl. to see which dept issued them.
Do i have to base the name change by what is on the BC or can it be based on the name used most often?
How does one include an aka?
I have looked on microfilm ...
Do i have to base the name change by what is on the BC or can it be based on the name used most often?
How does one include an aka?
I have looked on microfilm ...
- 29 Apr 2012, 22:57
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Name changes... Making them... Too much trouble?
- Replies: 11
- Views: 6938
Re: Name changes... Making them... Too much trouble?
Thanks Drew.
How can I tell from whom the docs were issued? And when you say 'supporting documentation', what are you referring to?
How can I tell from whom the docs were issued? And when you say 'supporting documentation', what are you referring to?
- 28 Apr 2012, 22:36
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Name changes... Making them... Too much trouble?
- Replies: 11
- Views: 6938
Re: Name changes... Making them... Too much trouble?
Here's the list:
NYC:
GGM MC states born in Italy (wasn't)
GGM BC last name spelled wrong by two extra letters
Pennsylvania: GGM DC contains anglicized name. Smetimes she is virginia other times vincenza.
NYC
GF BC is OK
GF MC is missing and the one from the church spells his name as Michael ...
NYC:
GGM MC states born in Italy (wasn't)
GGM BC last name spelled wrong by two extra letters
Pennsylvania: GGM DC contains anglicized name. Smetimes she is virginia other times vincenza.
NYC
GF BC is OK
GF MC is missing and the one from the church spells his name as Michael ...
- 25 Apr 2012, 03:12
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Recap of today's Philly appoinment
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3861
Re: Recap of today's Philly appoinment
How co you get an affadavit of anglicization? I have a few docs that have 3 different spellings for one person nThanks
- 25 Apr 2012, 02:07
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Name changes... Making them... Too much trouble?
- Replies: 11
- Views: 6938
Name changes... Making them... Too much trouble?
Well, I had my appt today at the consulate and as I already knew, there are so many name spelling discrepancies for a 3 people, on at least 3 docs for each person (that don't match up).
On my GGM's MC it even states she was born in Italy which she was not!
Is it completely complicated to have ...
On my GGM's MC it even states she was born in Italy which she was not!
Is it completely complicated to have ...
- 15 Apr 2012, 02:15
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Going through GGP
- Replies: 23
- Views: 8198
Re: Going through GGP
Hi JJ313
I have downloaded all of the templates that seem useful from the italian citizenship site. Any chance that the ones you have arebetter/more updated? I need to translate my docs this week for my upcoming appointment... If you have any you'd like to share, I'd appreciate it very much!! My ...
I have downloaded all of the templates that seem useful from the italian citizenship site. Any chance that the ones you have arebetter/more updated? I need to translate my docs this week for my upcoming appointment... If you have any you'd like to share, I'd appreciate it very much!! My ...
- 15 Apr 2012, 00:04
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Translation Services
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3701
Re: Translation Services
Hi Lori. Did they give you a reason why they wouldnt accept the docs you translated? I have found some templates to follow and I teach Italian in NYC (licensed by NYS) and was planning on doing them myself. I also spoke to Gianluca Croce and he asked for $50/page which seems so high!!
Did you ever ...
Did you ever ...
- 14 Apr 2012, 00:32
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Translation Services
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3701
Re: Translation Services
How much have you all been quoted per page? I was quoted 50
- 26 Mar 2012, 19:45
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: San Francisco appointment recap
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2100
Re: San Francisco appointment recap
Nice! Sounds like San Fran is a lot more lenient than NYC. I am concerned about my GF being Michele ANgelo on his BC and then Michael Angelo on his MC, DC, BC of my Mom, etc....
We shall see!
We shall see!
- 25 Mar 2012, 23:49
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Going through GGP
- Replies: 23
- Views: 8198
Re: Going through GGP
can I do anything ahead of time? an affadavit from someone swearing he is one and the same?
- 25 Mar 2012, 21:28
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Going through GGP
- Replies: 23
- Views: 8198
Re: Going through GGP
what is odd is that michele angelo and michael angelo are one and the same and since birth dates are listed, as are parents' names on all docs, it's strange to make a big deal and question it. imo.
- 25 Mar 2012, 20:15
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Going through GGP
- Replies: 23
- Views: 8198
Re: Going through GGP
Yes.... ggf-gf-m-me
any advice on how to 'change' it or get a legalized document saying he is one and the same?
His DC and my mom's BC come from Pennsylvania. (PA also messed up my GM's bc. Botched her first name big time)
any advice on how to 'change' it or get a legalized document saying he is one and the same?
His DC and my mom's BC come from Pennsylvania. (PA also messed up my GM's bc. Botched her first name big time)
- 25 Mar 2012, 18:36
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Going through GGP
- Replies: 23
- Views: 8198
Re: Going through GGP
Thanks RJ. I've already checked there without any luck. I am going down to Little Italy today to check out the churches for baptismal records. Might those be acceptable??
Karen, the amount of docs is amazing. and because it goes back so far, there is so much room for trouble. As it is, my GF was ...
Karen, the amount of docs is amazing. and because it goes back so far, there is so much room for trouble. As it is, my GF was ...