Search found 10 matches

by TruEstCst
15 Jul 2012, 18:05
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: NYC Delayed Birth Registrataion
Replies: 19
Views: 10092

Re: NYC Delayed Birth Registrataion

I actually wrote NYC Dept of Health asking for a letter stating the possibilty that the birth certificate may have been misfiled or illegible (they can't prove that it was never filed just because they can't locate it). My grandmother thought she had the record but it was destroyed in a house fire. ...
by TruEstCst
14 Jul 2012, 04:41
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: NYC Delayed Birth Registrataion
Replies: 19
Views: 10092

Re: NYC Delayed Birth Registrataion

Karen, I am currently at this same exact crossroads. I have an interesting view on the matter as I am starting to build a variety of arguments. Before I get into my strategy have you had any luck? Feel free to email at phillieeastcoast@hotmail.com.
by TruEstCst
10 Jun 2012, 04:29
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian Harlem Historians??
Replies: 10
Views: 5011

Re: Italian Harlem Historians??

I havent seen the original documentation from Mt. Carmel only the transcribed. As for his brothers one was born 8-1-13 Luigi Paolo and Antonio Luigi 3-16-16 or 3-18-16. Maybe they never filed the certificates with the city. It has not come easy.
by TruEstCst
21 May 2012, 06:14

Thanks for your help F-T. Here is a quick synopsis of what I know-- My grandfathers father died in 1918 of the flu. His mother was unable to care for him or his two brothers as they were court ordered into the St. Agatha Home for Children in Nanuet, NY from 1919 until 1927 ish. I located them on the...
by TruEstCst
20 May 2012, 07:03

Hi thanks for the help. I have tried contacting everyone on those sites for a possible tour without success. Still hoping to find someone that is enthusiastic and knowleagble about the area so I can take the tour.
by TruEstCst
07 May 2012, 20:01

Italian Harlem Historians??

Still trying to track down my grandfathers birth certificate. Two years in the making. My grandfather grew up at 326 E 117th St, in Italian Harlem and was there until 9 years old (1911-1919). Does anyone know any names of the schools in that area around 1915?? Hoping to somehow track down an old sch...
by TruEstCst
22 Mar 2012, 19:39
Topic: Trying to get NYC to file birth certificate for deceased GF
Replies: 3
Views: 1020

Trying to get NYC to file birth certificate for deceased GF

Hi, NYC can't find my grandfathers birth certificate. They say it was likely not filed. I recently went there to check microfiches and had no luck. Has anyone ever had any lucky trying to take legal action to make the city file the birth. I have overwhelming proof. I don't even know what kind of law...
by TruEstCst
22 Mar 2012, 19:31
Topic: Looking for grandfather's birth certificate- Piazza Armerina
Replies: 20
Views: 7013

Re: Looking for grandfather's birth certificate- Piazza Arme

Did you try My Italian Family---I used them and got the documents in like 3 weeks!
by TruEstCst
17 Sep 2011, 20:51
Topic: Delayed Birth Certificate
Replies: 20
Views: 12278

Re: Delayed Birth Certificate

Have you had any luck. My story is exactly the same. I'm missing my grandfathers birth record from 1911 from NYC and they won't give me a delayed record because he is deceased. I have his baptism record, marriage, death, census, his parents arrival records. I had no problem with the Italy records an...
by TruEstCst
26 Jun 2011, 02:22
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Birth Certificate Help --New York City
Replies: 1
Views: 1529

Birth Certificate Help --New York City

Hi, I have all documents needed for Italian citizenship except my grandfather's birth certificate from New York City. New York City Vital Records can't find the certificate. I have enough evidence to get a certificate put on file (baptism certificate etc.) but since he is deceased they won't put it ...