Search found 565 matches

by mezzogiorno62
31 Aug 2018, 14:57
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: GOOD NEWS FOR AVELLINO RESEARCHERS
Replies: 1
Views: 114

GOOD NEWS FOR AVELLINO RESEARCHERS

the www.antenati@beniculturali.com website finally has the long awaited province of avellino records available for research. all the comunes in the province. unfortunately,the years for morti 1862-1865 in the comune of luogosano are missing,and these are the years i need. but otherwise its all there...
by mezzogiorno62
25 Aug 2018, 04:06
Topic: RE:THE ELUSIVE FRANCESCO LANDINO
Replies: 0
Views: 84

RE:THE ELUSIVE FRANCESCO LANDINO

i post this query periodically as i'm hoping for new insight or possible options into uncovering this mystery. always new people here in the forums. searching for a death record for francesco landino aka frank landino. my paternal grandmothers father(?). possibly her adoptive father(?). i don't beli...
by mezzogiorno62
28 May 2018, 05:10
Topic: DECIPHERING 1803 PARISH MARRIAGE RECORD
Views: 135

Re: DECIPHERING 1803 PARISH MARRIAGE RECORD

this is the image of the 1803 marriage in lapio avellino for giovanni ricca and rosa martino. i found it here in an old post from a few years ago.trying to find someone who can clean up and decipher this record in order to see if it contains information regarding parentage of the bride rosa martino....
by mezzogiorno62
28 May 2018, 04:01
Topic: DECIPHERING 1803 PARISH MARRIAGE RECORD
Views: 135

DECIPHERING 1803 PARISH MARRIAGE RECORD

i have a copy of the marriage of giovanni ricca and rosa martino,my 2nd great parents,in lapio avellino in 1803. my paternal grandfathers paternal grandparents. this is from the parish of that comune. it was sent by the parish priest.as this is pre civil registration,and theres no civil record,i nee...
by mezzogiorno62
20 May 2018, 15:46
Topic: research problems with church records in italy
Views: 159

research problems with church records in italy

as we all know,civil records only go back to 1820 in sicily and 1809 on the mainland. research going further back depends on accessing parish records. and therein lies the problem. first off,unless all your italian ancestors originated in a tiny comune with only 1 parish,and that parish has been in ...
by mezzogiorno62
27 Mar 2018, 00:01
Topic: re: divorce records in massachusetts ca.1903/05
Replies: 2
Views: 205

Re: re: divorce records in massachusetts ca.1903/05

this may or may not be a case of divorce or anullment. that information,i'm told,if it exists,would be at the diocesan archives in braintree mass.its currently being checked out. the 1905 marriage was considered my grandmother's 1st because the 1903 marriage was by a jp and not in the church. and we...
by mezzogiorno62
24 Mar 2018, 02:28
Topic: re: divorce records in massachusetts ca.1903/05
Views: 205

re: divorce records in massachusetts ca.1903/05

very unusual situation. a little history. my paternal grandmother,maria costante,was married 3 times.the 3rd time was to my grandfather antonio ricco in 1950. they had lived common law from ca.1913,when my father,their first child,was born, to 1950.the reason for this long delay was because my grand...
by mezzogiorno62
23 Mar 2018, 02:22
Replies: 4
Views: 257

Re: RE:THE ELUSIVE FRANCESCO LANDINO

could have died anywhere in the usa,italy, or the world.try to nail that down. i'm working with a reasonable amount of information and no closer to an answer than i was 10 years ago.followed down every possible lead and checked every relevant database. massachusetts and new york deaths,passport appl...
by mezzogiorno62
21 Mar 2018, 16:09
Replies: 4
Views: 257

RE:THE ELUSIVE FRANCESCO LANDINO

i post this query periodically as i'm hoping for new insight or possible options into uncovering this mystery. always new people here in the forums. searching for a death record for francesco landino aka frank landino. my paternal grandmothers father(?). possibly her adoptive father(?). i don't beli...
by mezzogiorno62
18 Mar 2018, 04:21
Topic: boston & new york passenger lists
Views: 194

boston & new york passenger lists

looking for 2 arrivals. the brothers giovanni and giuseppe addesa. giovanni arrived in boston in 1913 and giuseppe arrived in new york in 1921. if possible can someone send me the images? thanks.
by mezzogiorno62
13 Feb 2018, 04:32
Topic: re:marriage in luogosano avellino
Views: 168

re:marriage in luogosano avellino

is anyone out there researching records in the comune of luogosano avellino? i'm looking for a marriage ca.1835-1850 for francesco saverio ricca and maria cicco(?). if youre working records in this time period would it be possible to check for this marriage? francesco's parents were giovanni and ros...
by mezzogiorno62
12 Feb 2018, 03:00
Topic: LUOGOSANO FHL FILM 1801100
Views: 175

LUOGOSANO FHL FILM 1801100

if anyone out there is researching this film and has it on long term loan at some family history library,would it be possible for that person to search for 5 possible marriages that probably all occurred between 1870 and 1900? luogosano is a tiny comune with probably less than 20 or 30 marriages a y...
by mezzogiorno62
26 Jan 2018, 08:33
Topic: RE:MARRIAGE IN LUOGOSANO AVELLINO
Views: 192

RE:MARRIAGE IN LUOGOSANO AVELLINO

looking for a marriage for giovanni addesa and carolina ricca in luogosano avellino ca.1879-1889.the lds film which would contain this record (fhl1801100) hasn't been digitized,and film ordering ended last year. the bride was from luogosano but i believe the groom was from lapio and the marriage pub...
by mezzogiorno62
21 Jan 2018, 20:54
Topic: atto di nascita for giuseppe petrosino
Replies: 8
Views: 342

Re: atto di nascita for giuseppe petrosino

i see it now. on the right side of the image. the presenter was a wetnurse and not the father. thats what confused me. thanks