Search found 760 matches

by mezzogiorno62
13 Oct 2020, 03:36
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: maria logrippo in 1910 census???
Replies: 6
Views: 268

Re: maria logrippo in 1910 census???

nothing on gerald who would have been an infant barely a year old then. i heard there was an italian childrens home in boston or in that area then but i've found nothing regarding that. and it still doesnt explain my grandmothers abscence. if she were hospitalized and not listed she couldnt have bee...
by mezzogiorno62
13 Oct 2020, 03:19

that antonio logrippo is her son who was living with a foster family. i saw that record long ago. he would have been 4. there was another brother gerald,who was born in 1909 and would have been barely a year old,but he's not with his brother. probably taken in by another family or group? and as my g...
by mezzogiorno62
13 Oct 2020, 00:27

i considered that. i believe my grandmother suffered a mental breakdown after losing a child and her husband within months in 1909. her other 2 surviving children were placed in homes i'm told. but still,even in some sort of facility,as i've seen in other cases in the us census,those living there wo...
by mezzogiorno62
09 Oct 2020, 02:06

maria logrippo in 1910 census???

my paternal grandmother was born in messina sicily in 1883 and arrived in boston in 1902 as maria costante with her mother,who died several days after arrival. she married giuseppe logrippo or lagrippo in boston in 1905. he died in cambridge in 1909. young widow with 2 young sons. my grandmother nev...
by mezzogiorno62
30 Jul 2020, 03:06
Topic: RE: ITALIAN PARISH RECORDS ONLINE
Replies: 2
Views: 279

Re: RE: ITALIAN PARISH RECORDS ONLINE

that would be great. need access for parishes in the provinces of avellino and messina. is anything available yet? i would imagine this will be very difficult as lds has never had much success with this. lots of issues with licensing and money,not to mention religious reasons. i know lds dealt with ...
by mezzogiorno62
29 Jul 2020, 02:47
Topic: RE: ITALIAN PARISH RECORDS ONLINE
Views: 279

RE: ITALIAN PARISH RECORDS ONLINE

is anyone out there aware of any upcoming plans or projects to add parish records for online research? in particular looking for parishes in southern italy. avellino (lapio,luogosano,san mango,taurasi) and messina (barcellona pozzo di gotto,gualtieri sicamino,santa lucia del mela,san filippo del mel...
by mezzogiorno62
23 Jul 2020, 17:31
Topic: documenti militari di messina 1870-1902
Views: 336

Re: documenti militari di messina 1870-1902

i thought this database was for all residents of the province of messina regardless of comune of birth and residence? i wrote to the archivio di stato in messina in the past for military records for subjects born in other comunes in messina province i recieved the document. for example,someone born ...
by mezzogiorno62
23 Jul 2020, 16:53

Re: documenti militari di messina 1870-1902

no idea how to that sorry
by mezzogiorno62
23 Jul 2020, 01:50

documenti militari di messina 1870-1902

this collection is found at family search. is there any order to the way these records are compiled? for instance,i'm looking at 2 specific years. 1872 and 1883. i have names and birthdates of the subjects. i've tried searching both surnames alphabetically and chronologically by month and date. salv...
by mezzogiorno62
04 Jul 2020, 04:09
Topic: RE:THE ELUSIVE FRANCESCO LANDINO
Replies: 0
Views: 175

RE:THE ELUSIVE FRANCESCO LANDINO

mezzogiorno62 Master Master Posts: 750 Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 19:41 Contact: Contact mezzogiorno62 RE:THE ELUSIVE FRANCESCO LANDINO i post this query periodically as i'm hoping for new insight or possible options into uncovering this mystery. always new people here in the forums. searching for a death...
by mezzogiorno62
22 Apr 2020, 12:53
Topic: ATTO DI MORTI IN LAPIO AVELLINO
Views: 192

Re: ATTO DI MORTI IN LAPIO AVELLINO

thats what i thought. i'm looking for an actual photocopy of the record-not the government issued extract. no idea whats so private about the copy,as it doesn't contain much,if any,more information than what they would otherwise send. i've seen what the originals look like. funny laws. i'll give it ...
by mezzogiorno62
22 Apr 2020, 00:17
Topic: ATTO DI MORTI IN LAPIO AVELLINO
Views: 192

ATTO DI MORTI IN LAPIO AVELLINO

looking for a death in lapio avellino in 1949. angela lepore. problem is the records available online at www.antenati@beniculturali.it only go up to 1945. i could write to the comune for an extract from the original record,but i would prefer a copy of the original record. is there any other way to d...
by mezzogiorno62
13 Apr 2020, 15:39
Topic: contact information for louis mendola
Replies: 0
Views: 159

contact information for louis mendola

would anyone out there have contact information for writer and author louis mendola? thanks
by mezzogiorno62
25 Mar 2020, 02:18
Topic: ANY PRINTING TECHIES OUT THERE???
Replies: 3
Views: 293

Re: ANY PRINTING TECHIES OUT THERE???

i'm working with an old hp laptop. hooked up to a canon printer. just bought it on craigslist used.they downloaded the canon drivers for the printer to work online so i'm told. my intention was to use the printer as a simple xerox copier. just black and white copies. bills,documents,etc. now i'm hoo...
by mezzogiorno62
25 Mar 2020, 00:05
Topic: ANY PRINTING TECHIES OUT THERE???
Replies: 3
Views: 293

ANY PRINTING TECHIES OUT THERE???

i just picked up a printer,hooked it up,and want to make a copy of a birth record i found on www.antenati@beniculturali.it. its for the birth record of michele ricca(no.18) in the small comune of lapio in avellino. march 1896. its the document on the right side of the pabe. i don't want to copy the ...