Search found 702 matches

by mezzogiorno62
Yesterday, 15:55
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: THE MYSTERY OF FRANK LANDINO
Replies: 5
Views: 137

Re: THE MYSTERY OF FRANK LANDINO

the pittsfield frank landino is the one everyone refers to as a possibility. no offense,as i appreciate your input and time,but as i said,i checked mass. deaths for starters,and this is an entry i would have checked out immediately and discounted immediately. only similiarity is the name. nothing el...
by mezzogiorno62
Yesterday, 14:12

Re: THE MYSTERY OF FRANK LANDINO

as i've noted previously,this frank landino in western massachusetts,although having the same name,is not my guy. pittsfield frank is 10 years younger,married,and a laborer. i checked that out years ago. not my frank landino. i post the same query periodically as i'm hoping someone that hasn't seen ...
by mezzogiorno62
16 Aug 2019, 22:30

THE MYSTERY OF FRANK LANDINO

a little background.francesco landino was born in palermo sicily in 1851. at some point he turns up in barcellona pozzo di gotto in messina.appears to have some sort of common law marriage with maria bonarrigo,born in gualtieri sicamino in 1847.several children born to them between 1872 and 1880,all...
by mezzogiorno62
01 Aug 2019, 00:04
Topic: ROSSI AND CAPALDI FROM FROSINONE
Replies: 4
Views: 531

Re: ROSSI AND CAPALDI FROM FROSINONE

no knowledge of these areas as my paternal italian roots are in avellino(grandfather)and messina(grandmother). i've never,in all my 20 plus years of italian research,met any american descendants of immigrants from frosinone. they only appear to have migrated to britain for some reason. the ice cream...
by mezzogiorno62
31 Jul 2019, 00:15
Topic: ROSSI AND CAPALDI FROM FROSINONE
Views: 531

ROSSI AND CAPALDI FROM FROSINONE

looking for italian ancestry of british rock stars francis rossi(status quo) and jim capaldi(traffic). both born in england to italian fathers and irish mothers. grandparents of rossi from atina in frosinone(alberto and christina?) and capaldi from picinisco or cassino(pasquale and angelina ?) in fr...
by mezzogiorno62
19 Jun 2019, 08:36
Topic: RE: MATERNAL ANCESTRY OF DEAN MARTIN
Replies: 16
Views: 684

Re: RE: MATERNAL ANCESTRY OF DEAN MARTIN

but once again,no specific place of origin,just the country. and still another misspelling of barra. now its just bar. what will be found next? just ba? both 1st and last name continually misspelled. even for a non italian speaker i can't see how dominico barra would be so difficult to interpret or ...
by mezzogiorno62
19 Jun 2019, 04:25

both barra and miraglia are diffuse and found throughout italy. the miraglia are moderately represented in the naples area but the barra are very heavily concentrated in the naples area. found this info. at cognomi di italia
by mezzogiorno62
18 Jun 2019, 22:25

a pattern seemed to be an immigrant sending for a bride from his hometown. but that would mean finding dominico's town of origin first. a naturalization record would also help if he were naturalized.
by mezzogiorno62
18 Jun 2019, 16:41

mirallis is probably miraglia. maria giuseppina miraglia. dominico barra shortened to barr. i'm usually pretty good at discerning the original surnames in relation to the misspellings often entered on the original documents. same with immigration documents. names were entered as they sounded to the ...
by mezzogiorno62
18 Jun 2019, 14:40

as you can see,much of this information is questionable if not inaccurate. the original births in italy of domenico barra and josephine miraglia would most likely differ from the ages given here. even the year of immigration is in doubt as i've seen immigrants give different years in different recor...
by mezzogiorno62
18 Jun 2019, 12:53

ages given at the time of marriage were always questionable in the case of immigrants. years and ages varied. example: gaetano crocetti's year of birth varied,from 1892 to 1894 while the american born angela's year of 1897 was pretty consistent. no doubt this was due to the birth record of the immig...
by mezzogiorno62
18 Jun 2019, 04:30

RE: MATERNAL ANCESTRY OF DEAN MARTIN

doing some research on the maternal ancestry of singer dean martin. born dino crocetti in steubenville ohio in 1917. his father,gaetano crocetti,according to find a grave,was born in montesilvano,pescara italy in ca.1894 and died in 1967. his mother, angela barr(barra), was born in west virginia or ...
by mezzogiorno62
08 Jun 2019, 18:45
Topic: re: paternal grandmother in 1910 us census
Replies: 0
Views: 181

re: paternal grandmother in 1910 us census

my paternal grandmother was born ignoti genitori under the name maria costante in barcellona pozzo di gotto messina in 1883. her wetnurse, maria bonarrigo,common law wife of francesco landino, applied for her care and custody according to the record. this unmarried couple could have actually been he...
by mezzogiorno62
19 May 2019, 04:33
Topic: RE: DEATH RECORD FOR ORAZIO LABATE
Replies: 0
Views: 160

RE: DEATH RECORD FOR ORAZIO LABATE

looking for death information for orazio labate. born in reggio calabria in 1872 and died in chelsea massachusetts in 1952. thanks
by mezzogiorno62
16 May 2019, 18:11
Topic: RE: ATTO DI NASCITA FOR ANGELA LEPORE
Views: 232

Re: RE: ATTO DI NASCITA FOR ANGELA LEPORE

thank you. the gist of all these records is pretty much the same.the date,the town,the stato civile official,the father,who normally made the presentation unless done by a wetnurse in the case of unknown parents or illegitimacy(my paternal grandmother in barcellona pozzo di gotto messina in 1883. th...