Search found 690 matches

by mezzogiorno62
08 Jun 2019, 18:45
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: re: paternal grandmother in 1910 us census
Replies: 0
Views: 91

re: paternal grandmother in 1910 us census

my paternal grandmother was born ignoti genitori under the name maria costante in barcellona pozzo di gotto messina in 1883. her wetnurse, maria bonarrigo,common law wife of francesco landino, applied for her care and custody according to the record. this unmarried couple could have actually been he...
by mezzogiorno62
19 May 2019, 04:33
Topic: RE: DEATH RECORD FOR ORAZIO LABATE
Replies: 0
Views: 90

RE: DEATH RECORD FOR ORAZIO LABATE

looking for death information for orazio labate. born in reggio calabria in 1872 and died in chelsea massachusetts in 1952. thanks
by mezzogiorno62
16 May 2019, 18:11
Topic: RE: ATTO DI NASCITA FOR ANGELA LEPORE
Replies: 4
Views: 138

Re: RE: ATTO DI NASCITA FOR ANGELA LEPORE

thank you. the gist of all these records is pretty much the same.the date,the town,the stato civile official,the father,who normally made the presentation unless done by a wetnurse in the case of unknown parents or illegitimacy(my paternal grandmother in barcellona pozzo di gotto messina in 1883. th...
by mezzogiorno62
16 May 2019, 16:00

Re: RE: ATTO DI NASCITA FOR ANGELA LEPORE

thats what i have but i wish it could be made easier and clearer to read. as you can see its extremely illegible and difficult to read. thats what i meant by techy. making it more legible. but i appreciate your help.thank you
by mezzogiorno62
16 May 2019, 15:09

RE: ATTO DI NASCITA FOR ANGELA LEPORE

i found this entry on both the www.antenati@beniculturali.it and family history sites. lapio avellino sept.1872.nati for angela lepore. unfortunately the image is extremely poor. could anyone out there more tech savy than me possibly upload the image here so i could possibly make a clearer readable ...
by mezzogiorno62
10 May 2019, 00:06
Topic: RE:BIRTH RECORD OF MATTIA PULEIO
Replies: 9
Views: 320

Re: RE:BIRTH RECORD OF MATTIA PULEIO

interesting. but not a one in santa lucia or san filippo.
by mezzogiorno62
09 May 2019, 19:09

Macaudda. that doesn't even sound italian. assuming this marriage for a carmela rigulo and a giuseppe macaudda occurred after mattia was born,it might be found in the civil registration for santa lucia del mela after 1820. but as i said,even if i knew which parish in san filippo del mela had the rec...
by mezzogiorno62
09 May 2019, 13:29

very hard to read that record. i can't see a marriage for carmela's marriage to a giuseppe s but i see pasquale puleio noted as a witness. maybe a relative? mattia never uses rigulo again. just at her marriage. at birth of daughter maria in 1847 she uses puleio. maybe her birth father"s family surna...
by mezzogiorno62
09 May 2019, 05:55
Topic: RE:OPPIDO MAMERTINA EMAIL CONTACT
Replies: 2
Views: 124

Re: RE:OPPIDO MAMERTINA EMAIL CONTACT

email sent. thanks very much john
by mezzogiorno62
09 May 2019, 05:30
Topic: RE:OPPIDO MAMERTINA EMAIL CONTACT
Replies: 2
Views: 124

RE:OPPIDO MAMERTINA EMAIL CONTACT

can't find any email contact information for ufficio dello stato civile in oppido mamertina reggio calabria at the website. if anyone out there can provide one that would be great.
by mezzogiorno62
09 May 2019, 02:16

RE:BIRTH RECORD OF MATTIA PULEIO

according to the marriage record i have for my 2nd great grandparents(my paternal grandmothers maternal grandparents)dominico bonarrigo and mattia puleio were married in santa lucia messina in 1845 but moved soon after to soccorso,a frazione of gualtieri sicamino,where they had several children,the ...
by mezzogiorno62
07 May 2019, 06:27
Topic: THE ONGOING MYSTERY OF FRANK LANDINO
Replies: 14
Views: 491

Re: THE ONGOING MYSTERY OF FRANK LANDINO

my francesco was a coachman,or cocchiere,in italy,as was his father salvatore before him. as this was 19th century italy,i'm thinking someone driving a team of horses and a coach. definitely not a truck. other than the name theres no similiarities here. nothing remote. age,vocation,parents names,etc...
by mezzogiorno62
07 May 2019, 01:07

highly unlikely. anything is possible. the only thing that would clinch it is if there were information stating his 1st"marriage" was to a maria bonarrigo. but this frank was a laborer. mine was a barber.moving from fitchburg or from boston to pittsfield in far western massachusetts isn't likely eit...
by mezzogiorno62
06 May 2019, 16:15

regarding the article you sent for the death notice of salvatore"charles" landino from the july 30 1937 brooklyn eagle. is there a full obituary in that edition and not just the notice? in an actual obituary it might list more info. about the parents,francesco and maria. this obit notice is just tha...
by mezzogiorno62
05 May 2019, 18:56

no idea. all i know is i've covered all the possibilities i can think of. deaths in mass. or ny. possible return to italy and death there. nothing. even checked palermo,where he was born,in the possibility of his having family there,he may have died there. nothing. this guy just totally dissapears a...