Search found 541 matches

by mezzogiorno62
Today, 03:33
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: re:marriage records in luogosano avellino
Replies: 4
Views: 55

Re: re:marriage records in luogosano avellino

not digitized as of today. my local library,which is literally across the street,was set up as an affiliate a few years back,with my input. problem is,they need a static ip address in order to access the complete digitized records at lds. without that upgrade,the affiliate status is pointless,as fil...
by mezzogiorno62
Today, 03:04
Topic: re: marriage records in gualtieri messina
Replies: 2
Views: 42

Re: re: marriage records in gualtieri messina

the entries are few as the comune is small. the problem is in the legibility of the records. very hard to read. as the 3 sons of this couple were all born between 1845 and 1852,my guess would be they married between 1865 and 1885,making the earliest age of 20 for the oldest son,and 33 for the younge...
by mezzogiorno62
Today, 02:51

Re: re:marriage records in luogosano avellino

the film and years i'm looking for have not been digitized as of today. only 7 films for that town,but 2 of those have not been digitized.1 of those 2 films is the one i need. just checked. problem is,none of the films for luogosano have been added to the online database. so that would still mean ha...
by mezzogiorno62
Yesterday, 23:40

re:marriage records in luogosano avellino

looking for 5 possible marriages in luogosano avellino. all would probably have occurred between 1873 and 1900. all the children of francesco saverio ricca and antonia melchionda. they were giovanni,luigia,rosa,carolina,and marcellino. can't access films no longer at lds and they haven't been digiti...
by mezzogiorno62
Yesterday, 23:34
Topic: re: marriage records in gualtieri messina
Replies: 2
Views: 42

re: marriage records in gualtieri messina

looking for 3 possible marriages in gualtieri sicamino messina(francesco,domenico,and orazio bonarrigo) that would have been between 1865 and 1885. parents were domenico and mattia puleio.i've tried the lds digitized collection which gives several options,but none seem to be indexed. is anyone out t...
by mezzogiorno62
16 Nov 2017, 22:02
Topic: research problems with parish records
Replies: 5
Views: 161

Re: research problems with parish records

note: the only difference in the format of the vital records between french canada and italy is regarding the age of the subjects at the time of marriage. in italy the age of the subjects are given-correct or not-in the record.in quebec those of age-21 or over-are simply listed as majeur(of majority...
by mezzogiorno62
15 Nov 2017, 13:44

consider this. the french in canada had to create the specialized conditions for the success of genealogical research there. that involved the love of their culture,language,and religion. they had the dedication and unity of purpose. and the fact is, church records in canada,which actually doubled a...
by mezzogiorno62
15 Nov 2017, 09:08

like i said,success in following lines back beyond civil registration depends upon specific conditions. a helpful onsite genealogist,a cooperative priest,or a very small comune to research. none of these specialized conditions are necessary in french canadian research. the only major stumbling block...
by mezzogiorno62
15 Nov 2017, 04:17

research problems with parish records

as we all know,civil records only go back to 1820 in sicily and 1809 on the mainland. research going further back depends on accessing parish records. and therein lies the problem. first off,unless all your italian ancestors originated in a tiny comune with only 1 parish,and that parish has been in ...
by mezzogiorno62
09 Nov 2017, 23:55
Topic: re:domenico pasquarello & maria capella
Replies: 0
Views: 61

re:domenico pasquarello & maria capella

according to census records,domenico pasquarello(pasquariello?) arrived in 1888 (census records) and lived continually in middleboro,massachusetts until his death there in 1919.he was a railroad worker. born about 1868 in italy.can't find any passenger record for him in either boston or new york. ab...
by mezzogiorno62
26 Oct 2017, 23:43
Topic: s.maria maggiore e.s. marcellino in luogosano avellino
Replies: 0
Views: 68

s.maria maggiore e.s. marcellino in luogosano avellino

is anyone aware of any parishes in the tiny comune of luogosano in avellino other than the one i've mentioned? the only one i'm aware of is s.maria maggiore e. s.marcellino. i've been trying to find a death record for my paternal 2nd great grandmother rosa martino(my paternal grandfather's paternal ...
by mezzogiorno62
26 Oct 2017, 03:51
Topic: re: questions regarding ignoti genitori
Replies: 15
Views: 346

Re: re: questions regarding ignoti genitori

thanks. it appears maria bonarrigo was a spinner as well. i have the birth records of all 3 children with the landino name. salvatore in 1872,rosalia in 1877,and mattia in 1880 i wonder if the elusive francesco was my grandmothers natural father? whats odd is that on their 1902 passenger record(ss v...
by mezzogiorno62
25 Oct 2017, 20:42

check the italian genealogy forum for a post for maria costante.it was posted on feb.13,2017. posted there is an exact translation of the original birth record. barcellona pozzo di gotto. april 21 1883. maria costante. i believe you can enlarge it. its very clear and as i said an exact translation. ...
by mezzogiorno62
25 Oct 2017, 19:11

in my grandmothers situation,her wetnurse/mother was the one who requested she be given the surname costante,not a town official. thats unusual in itself. she petitioned the office for the care,custody,and feeding of the child. later,rather than taking her other two older daughters with her, of whom...
by mezzogiorno62
25 Oct 2017, 15:41

it appears the elusive francesco was still in barcellona when his first 2 children,salvatore and rosalia,were born, he was missing in action when mattia was born,although she was given his surname in absentia.its possible he fathered my grandmother,who appears to be the last child connected with thi...