Search found 6 matches

by suziwag
09 Jun 2013, 02:42
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Finding records
Replies: 6
Views: 2043

Re: Finding records

Marty, I have the ship passenger lists with the names of my great and great great grandfather as well as the other siblings. They landed in Mobile. I have found them in the census in 1870 onward in New Orleans. I want to try to find the town where they came from in Sardinia. Naturalizations before 1...
by suziwag
20 May 2013, 01:15

Re: Finding records

My great great grandfather was Paulo Biggio. He came to America in 1858 with five sons. He landed in Mobile. I believe his wife had died and she was Angelina Repetti.
by suziwag
22 Mar 2013, 03:35

Finding records

I am trying to find the town of origin of my great grandfather. iThey came from Sardinia. Any advice would be appreciated.
by suziwag
09 Mar 2012, 20:11
Topic: I can't get anywhere eith my Italian great grandfather
Replies: 16
Views: 5884

Re: I can't get anywhere eith my Italian great grandfather

I want to thank all that gave me help and tips as to where to find info on Plango. Of course as we well know, there was no such spelling. The Spelling was so massacred each and every time someone recorded it. I went with some leads that yall gave me and I finally found him. He was a Plangio. He was ...
by suziwag
17 Aug 2011, 14:40

Re: I can't get anywhere eith my Italian great grandfather

I want to thank all that replied to my post. Yes, I totally agree I am at a difficult point. I have tried all that was mentioned- census, dreaft, deaths, naturalizations. He came at a time when records were not as revealing as they were with Ellis Island.
by suziwag
17 Aug 2011, 04:11

I can't get anywhere eith my Italian great grandfather

Oral history has it that Nicholas Patrick Plango was born 10/3/1875 and he came from Naples. We all know that it was probably a small town nearby. He supposedly imigrated to NY when he was 5 years old. The first time I find him isn't until he marries in 1895. He said his parents were Giuseppe Plango...