Search found 17 matches
- 18 Aug 2020, 03:44
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Chicago - Will they require census?
- Replies: 0
- Views: 976
Chicago - Will they require census?
My grandmother was born in 1920 and her parents were born in Italy. I have not had any luck locating the naturalization record of my grandfather. I believe if I contact both the Chicago area courts as well as national archives there will be no record returned. My concern is, on the 1930 census it ...
- 23 Jul 2013, 17:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Chicago Consulate Issue
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1167
Re: Chicago Consulate Issue
I have found that if I amend the death certificate so that my great grandfathers name is spelled correctly cook county will let me file a delayed record of birth for my grandfather. Has anyone else had experience with this? Do you think it would be accepted?
- 09 Jul 2013, 16:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Chicago Consulate Issue
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1167
Chicago Consulate Issue
Hi All,
We had our appointment in Chicago in Feb. and there was an issue with my grandfathers information. His birth certificate shows his DOB as Jan. 1916 (which I know is inaccurate), his baptismal shows Nov. 1915 (which makes sense but I cannot use) and his death and marriage both show Nov ...
We had our appointment in Chicago in Feb. and there was an issue with my grandfathers information. His birth certificate shows his DOB as Jan. 1916 (which I know is inaccurate), his baptismal shows Nov. 1915 (which makes sense but I cannot use) and his death and marriage both show Nov ...
- 13 Mar 2013, 13:34
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Please help 1 item keeping me from Italian Citizenship!
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4910
Re: Please help 1 item keeping me from Italian Citizenship!
I have asked them to research for an additional birth certificate from November. I will contact the archives directly and see if I can get anywhere. It sounds like the archives department would provide the one and the same document, is that correct? What do I need to provide to them in order to get ...
- 13 Mar 2013, 02:00
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Please help 1 item keeping me from Italian Citizenship!
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4910
Re: Please help 1 item keeping me from Italian Citizenship!
We actually had a copy of both records from 1991. I have followed up with cook county just to make sure there is no delayed birth record etc.
- 12 Mar 2013, 22:40
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Please help 1 item keeping me from Italian Citizenship!
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4910
Re: Please help 1 item keeping me from Italian Citizenship!
Unfortunately he was born here so there is no ship record. I do have his baptismal record but it is not sufficient as that lists Nov. 19 1915 adding a new date into the mix. To me it makes sense that his actual birthday was Nov. 19 1915 and as Italia1963 stated the record was done in Jan so that is ...
- 12 Mar 2013, 21:04
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Please help 1 item keeping me from Italian Citizenship!
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4910
Please help 1 item keeping me from Italian Citizenship!
My husband and I had our appointment in Chicago and were able to figure out all issues we have had so far but there is one big item holding us back! My grandfather has different dates of birth and his name is spelled differently on a couple of items. On his birth certificate it is Salvatore Bonafide ...
- 17 Sep 2012, 22:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Naturalization/ Death/ Birth
- Replies: 0
- Views: 785
Naturalization/ Death/ Birth
Hi All,
I finally have all of the documents I need and an appointment scheduled in Chicago for Feb. Right now I'm working on amending three death records to show the correct birth dates and name spellings. My question relates to the naturalization records.
1. I received a copy (with letter saying ...
I finally have all of the documents I need and an appointment scheduled in Chicago for Feb. Right now I'm working on amending three death records to show the correct birth dates and name spellings. My question relates to the naturalization records.
1. I received a copy (with letter saying ...
- 17 Sep 2012, 18:27
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Documents
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1090
Documents
Hi All,
I finally have all of the documents I need and an appointment scheduled in Chicago for Feb. Right now I'm working on ammending three death records to show the correct birth dates and name spellings. My question relates to the naturalization records.
1. I recieved a copy (with letter saying ...
I finally have all of the documents I need and an appointment scheduled in Chicago for Feb. Right now I'm working on ammending three death records to show the correct birth dates and name spellings. My question relates to the naturalization records.
1. I recieved a copy (with letter saying ...
- 13 Nov 2011, 17:41
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Letter Translation
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1360
Letter Translation
I received a letter from a comune in Italy in regards to an e-mail request for a certificate. I believe they are asking for a photocopy of my id as well as a signed request but I wanted to confirm this. The letter is:
In riferimento all Sua richiesta, di pari oggetto, pervenuta a questo Ufficio in ...
In riferimento all Sua richiesta, di pari oggetto, pervenuta a questo Ufficio in ...
- 14 Sep 2011, 01:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Buonafede (Bonafede) & Nuccio-----hit a dead end!
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5789
Re: Buonafede (Bonafede) & Nuccio-----hit a dead end!
I emailed Campofelice Di Rocella and they came back with no records so I am def. wondering about Camopfelice di Fitalia now. If there is any way you can look at the records you order from Fitalia that would be awesome and very much appreciated!! All I have on Rosa Terranella is that she came over ...
- 10 Sep 2011, 03:20
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Campofelice di Fitalia vs. C. di Rocella
- Replies: 9
- Views: 6043
Re: Campofelice di Fitalia vs. C. di Rocella
Okay not too confuse things more but all (well almost all) of the documents I have found on my ancestors just list Campofelice as well however, my grandpa made mention of Campofelice di Rocella and I have gone back and forth on which one it truly is Fitalia or Rocella. But too confuse me even more ...
- 10 Sep 2011, 03:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Buonafede (Bonafede) & Nuccio-----hit a dead end!
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5789
Re: Buonafede (Bonafede) & Nuccio-----hit a dead end!
I am not 100% sure on which Campofelice, I have gone back and forth. Do you have a large family tree going yet? I'm wondering if there is any relation to the Rosa Terranella from my family. Where did you end up finding the marriage certificate?
- 23 Aug 2011, 02:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Buonafede (Bonafede) & Nuccio-----hit a dead end!
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5789
Re: Buonafede (Bonafede) & Nuccio-----hit a dead end!
One other piece of information that I came across and am I little confused about:
ame: Maria Buonafide
Titles and Terms (original):
Death Date: 26 Mar 1936
Death Place: Chicago, Cook, Illinois
Gender: Female
Marital Status:
Race or Color:
Age: 33
Estimated Birth Year: 1903
Birth Date: 31 May ...
ame: Maria Buonafide
Titles and Terms (original):
Death Date: 26 Mar 1936
Death Place: Chicago, Cook, Illinois
Gender: Female
Marital Status:
Race or Color:
Age: 33
Estimated Birth Year: 1903
Birth Date: 31 May ...
- 23 Aug 2011, 01:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Buonafede (Bonafede) & Nuccio-----hit a dead end!
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5789
Re: Buonafede (Bonafede) & Nuccio-----hit a dead end!
Record Details for Volume 191
Page Number: 135
Declaration Number: 94535
FIRST NAME LAST NAME OCCUPATION
CALCIADONIA BONAFEDE LABORER
BIRTH CITY BIRTH COUNTRY BIRTH DATE
PETROLIA SUFRANA ITALY 1/28/1887
CURRENT ADDRESS CURRENT CITY
518 W. HOBBE ST. CHICAGO
DEPARTURE LOCATION ARRIVAL DATE ...
Page Number: 135
Declaration Number: 94535
FIRST NAME LAST NAME OCCUPATION
CALCIADONIA BONAFEDE LABORER
BIRTH CITY BIRTH COUNTRY BIRTH DATE
PETROLIA SUFRANA ITALY 1/28/1887
CURRENT ADDRESS CURRENT CITY
518 W. HOBBE ST. CHICAGO
DEPARTURE LOCATION ARRIVAL DATE ...