Search found 16 matches

by rbuonafede
23 Jul 2013, 17:07
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Chicago Consulate Issue
Replies: 1
Views: 398

Re: Chicago Consulate Issue

I have found that if I amend the death certificate so that my great grandfathers name is spelled correctly cook county will let me file a delayed record of birth for my grandfather. Has anyone else had experience with this? Do you think it would be accepted?
by rbuonafede
09 Jul 2013, 16:26
Topic: Chicago Consulate Issue
Replies: 1
Views: 398

Chicago Consulate Issue

Hi All, We had our appointment in Chicago in Feb. and there was an issue with my grandfathers information. His birth certificate shows his DOB as Jan. 1916 (which I know is inaccurate), his baptismal shows Nov. 1915 (which makes sense but I cannot use) and his death and marriage both show Nov. 1916....
by rbuonafede
13 Mar 2013, 13:34
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Please help 1 item keeping me from Italian Citizenship!
Replies: 7
Views: 1471

Re: Please help 1 item keeping me from Italian Citizenship!

I have asked them to research for an additional birth certificate from November. I will contact the archives directly and see if I can get anywhere. It sounds like the archives department would provide the one and the same document, is that correct? What do I need to provide to them in order to get ...
by rbuonafede
13 Mar 2013, 02:00

We actually had a copy of both records from 1991. I have followed up with cook county just to make sure there is no delayed birth record etc.
by rbuonafede
12 Mar 2013, 22:40

Unfortunately he was born here so there is no ship record. I do have his baptismal record but it is not sufficient as that lists Nov. 19 1915 adding a new date into the mix. To me it makes sense that his actual birthday was Nov. 19 1915 and as Italia1963 stated the record was done in Jan so that is ...
by rbuonafede
12 Mar 2013, 21:04

Please help 1 item keeping me from Italian Citizenship!

My husband and I had our appointment in Chicago and were able to figure out all issues we have had so far but there is one big item holding us back! My grandfather has different dates of birth and his name is spelled differently on a couple of items. On his birth certificate it is Salvatore Bonafide...
by rbuonafede
17 Sep 2012, 22:52
Topic: Naturalization/ Death/ Birth
Replies: 0
Views: 286

Naturalization/ Death/ Birth

Hi All, I finally have all of the documents I need and an appointment scheduled in Chicago for Feb. Right now I'm working on amending three death records to show the correct birth dates and name spellings. My question relates to the naturalization records. 1. I received a copy (with letter saying be...
by rbuonafede
17 Sep 2012, 18:27
Topic: Documents
Replies: 0
Views: 545

Documents

Hi All, I finally have all of the documents I need and an appointment scheduled in Chicago for Feb. Right now I'm working on ammending three death records to show the correct birth dates and name spellings. My question relates to the naturalization records. 1. I recieved a copy (with letter saying b...
by rbuonafede
13 Nov 2011, 17:41
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Letter Translation
Replies: 2
Views: 225

Letter Translation

I received a letter from a comune in Italy in regards to an e-mail request for a certificate. I believe they are asking for a photocopy of my id as well as a signed request but I wanted to confirm this. The letter is: In riferimento all Sua richiesta, di pari oggetto, pervenuta a questo Ufficio in d...
by rbuonafede
14 Sep 2011, 01:37
Topic: Buonafede (Bonafede) & Nuccio-----hit a dead end!
Replies: 11
Views: 1512

Re: Buonafede (Bonafede) & Nuccio-----hit a dead end!

I emailed Campofelice Di Rocella and they came back with no records so I am def. wondering about Camopfelice di Fitalia now. If there is any way you can look at the records you order from Fitalia that would be awesome and very much appreciated!! All I have on Rosa Terranella is that she came over No...
by rbuonafede
10 Sep 2011, 03:20
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Campofelice di Fitalia vs. C. di Rocella
Replies: 9
Views: 2607

Re: Campofelice di Fitalia vs. C. di Rocella

Okay not too confuse things more but all (well almost all) of the documents I have found on my ancestors just list Campofelice as well however, my grandpa made mention of Campofelice di Rocella and I have gone back and forth on which one it truly is Fitalia or Rocella. But too confuse me even more, ...
by rbuonafede
10 Sep 2011, 03:16

I am not 100% sure on which Campofelice, I have gone back and forth. Do you have a large family tree going yet? I'm wondering if there is any relation to the Rosa Terranella from my family. Where did you end up finding the marriage certificate?
by rbuonafede
23 Aug 2011, 02:26

One other piece of information that I came across and am I little confused about: ame: Maria Buonafide Titles and Terms (original): Death Date: 26 Mar 1936 Death Place: Chicago, Cook, Illinois Gender: Female Marital Status: Race or Color: Age: 33 Estimated Birth Year: 1903 Birth Date: 31 May 1902 Bi...
by rbuonafede
23 Aug 2011, 01:37

Record Details for Volume 191 Page Number: 135 Declaration Number: 94535 FIRST NAME LAST NAME OCCUPATION CALCIADONIA BONAFEDE LABORER BIRTH CITY BIRTH COUNTRY BIRTH DATE PETROLIA SUFRANA ITALY 1/28/1887 CURRENT ADDRESS CURRENT CITY 518 W. HOBBE ST. CHICAGO DEPARTURE LOCATION ARRIVAL DATE DECLARATION...
by rbuonafede
23 Aug 2011, 01:31

Thank you for the information that is very helpful! I did see that naturalization record but was not sure if it was his or not. The reason I was thrown off a little is due to the fact that I came across a ship manifest that shows his birth place as petrolia sop. Using my best ability to read the man...