Search found 11 matches

by Mary M
12 Sep 2011, 00:24
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Rose Torrisi wife of Giuseppe Torrisi
Replies: 6
Views: 1525

Re: Rose Torrisi wife of Giuseppe Torrisi

Laura, Thank you! You've gotten me to change some directions in my thinking. Finding the alternate spellings for Torrisi and the 1920 census is a breakthrough and big help to me, Laura. The place they were born was written as Lingnoghia; Linguaglossa fits much better than Ligonchio based on the othe...
by Mary M
09 Sep 2011, 01:18
Topic: Rose Torrisi wife of Giuseppe Torrisi
Replies: 6
Views: 1525

Rose Torrisi wife of Giuseppe Torrisi

I’m having trouble finding information on Rose Torrisi. She was the second wife of Giuseppe Torrisi. Her husband Giuseppe (also Guiseppe) was born in 1887 in Italy. He sailed from Palermo to NY in June, 1913. His first wife Venera Regaglia (assume it is her maiden name) was born in Italy in 1887 and...
by Mary M
09 Sep 2011, 01:09
Topic: Could Salvatore and Sammy be the same person?
Replies: 3
Views: 1060

Re: Could Salvatore and Sammy be the same person?

Thank you, Carmine. That answers some questions. I've been used to Sal also, which is why "Sammy' threw me off.
by Mary M
07 Sep 2011, 22:08
Topic: Could Salvatore and Sammy be the same person?
Replies: 3
Views: 1060

Could Salvatore and Sammy be the same person?

My dad had a brother that died when they were children. He called that brother Sammy. My dad was born in Italy. Sammy was born and died here in the US. In my research, I haven't been able to find any info on Sammy. However, I found out that my dad had a younger brother named Salvatore that I never m...
by Mary M
23 Aug 2011, 22:55
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Searching
Replies: 5
Views: 1336

Re: Searching

My uncle died in the US but I have since found that information.
Thank you so much, Carmine.
by Mary M
23 Aug 2011, 21:09
Topic: Glongitano
Replies: 21
Views: 5313

Obtaining info from a funeral home?

I was able to determine that Nancy died in 1944. So, she did die after the 1942 draft registration. It was handled by Pennsylvania Burial on Broad St in Philadelphia, PA. Has anyone had any experience obtaining information from funeral homes? I'm planning to contact them to see if it's possible to g...
by Mary M
22 Aug 2011, 19:35

Re: Glongitano

I'm thinking that Nicola left Nancy. Back in those days, you did not get a divorce, so he may have just left. They may or may not have known he was still in Philadelphia. Possibly he might have told them he was going to Baltimore and never returned. Either way, it was a sore subject. If he left, tha...
by Mary M
22 Aug 2011, 18:17

Re: Glongitano

WOW!!! You people are amazing! Johnny, the family in the 1930 census is the one I was looking for. Thank you so much! In reading through this I do remember Rita. She is buried in the US. You jogged an old memory from when I was real young. We were at a cemetery in Pennsylvania and I saw a tombstone ...
by Mary M
22 Aug 2011, 00:33

Glongitano

In my research, I found this name for one of my relatives. The first name was listed as Nancy, but I'm sure it was americanized. My guess is Nunzia. She married Nicholas Saccullo. I expect that Nicholas was also americanized. My guess is Niccolo. I've found info on the name Saccullo, but not Nichola...
by Mary M
21 Aug 2011, 23:47

Re: Searching

Thank you so much, Johnny! I think you named the correct place. It came from a US Military record of an uncle that was born in Italy and killed in action. My grandfather and 3 grandmothers died before I was born. In the short time I knew my only living grandfather, he spoke about the future and did ...
by Mary M
21 Aug 2011, 02:23

Searching

I'm trying to find out some info about my ancestors. One of the pieces of info I found said that the person was born in Lingnoghia, Italy. Does anyone have any idea what the real name of that place might be? It may have been written phonetically and/or the handwriting was read incorrectly. I don't h...