Search found 4 matches

by lazer
07 Sep 2011, 02:01
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Help - question on naturalization before 1912
Replies: 14
Views: 9277

Re: Help - question on naturalization before 1912

This is the kind of thinking I go through to assuage my fears. Does anyone know of it actually happening (being erroneously granted citizenship twice)? A general Google search for the phenomenon doesn't turn up any hits.
by lazer
06 Sep 2011, 11:57

Also, I would assume that any applicants who didn't know that they had already been naturalized by their parents would have been screened out very early in the process. Especially if it was somehow common for adult children to not know that they had already been naturalized, it would have been somet...
by lazer
06 Sep 2011, 11:45

1) it is possible that his father did naturalize prior to June 14/June 30, 1912 (there is some disagreement over the true effective date of the law), and your GGF simply was not aware or was not aware that it would have affected him as well. He filed papers on his own not realizing that he already ...
by lazer
23 Aug 2011, 07:48

>> I don't think the year of naturalization will make a difference to Italy if your great grandfather's naturalization is on record. You may want to check the 1920 and 1930 censuses to see how he is listed. This might answer the same question I posted elsewhere on this site. Basically, if my G-GF is...