Search found 17 matches

by cmm
18 Aug 2014, 17:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Marchese from Palermo, Italy
Replies: 22
Views: 5230

Re: Marchese from Palermo, Italy

Hi again Marty, I was just going to ask you about that if you found anything on Caterina or Salvatore. Yes, perhaps another town where they were baptized? Here is what I have on for DOB's on Onofrio (Anthony) 2/5/1891, Caterina 12/8/1881 and Salvator in 1883. I am working on getting a death certific...
by cmm
18 Aug 2014, 15:22

OMG! Fabulous finds on both Maria and Alberta. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
by cmm
17 Aug 2014, 23:55

Excellent and all great and good information on my Grandfather! Thank you so much!
by cmm
17 Aug 2014, 16:38

Finally received a copy of my Grandparents marriage certificate (on my fathers side) and it states that my Great Grandfathers names was Leonard Marchese and his wife's, my Great Grandmothers maiden name was Paolina Petruso. The certificate states they were from Italy and does not give a region or ar...
by cmm
28 May 2013, 23:52

Thank you so much and will try to obtain a copy of their marriage certificate from NYC.
by cmm
27 May 2013, 22:57

Marchese from Palermo, Italy

Tyring to find out more information on my fathers side of the family. Specifically, my Grandfather Anthony Marchese's parents. I think my Great grand fathers name was Leonard Marchese and I think he married my great grand mother who's last name was Petruso. I am not completely sure if my great grand...
by cmm
21 Sep 2012, 19:00
Topic: Last name of Caranello
Replies: 31
Views: 9429

Last name of Caranello

I am looking for a relative whose name was Marianna Buscio. Born in Partincio/Palermo Italy area about 1890. She immigrated to USA about 1910 through Ellis Island. She had two sisters - Angelina and Pietrina. According to the 1977 obiturary for Angelina, her sister Marianna was listed as residing in...
by cmm
15 Nov 2011, 22:25
Topic: Pricolo
Replies: 14
Views: 7283

Re: Pricolo

Mishele Pricolo DOB: July 3, 1877 possibly from San Grumento Nova Naples Italy, but the last place of residence was Saponara as stated on the ships manifest. He left Naples Italy on September 7, 1900 on the Kaiser Wilhelm ship and arrived at the Port of New York on September 20, 1900. Joined his br...
by cmm
10 Nov 2011, 22:09
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with translation of MARCHESE family crest
Replies: 9
Views: 1865

Re: Help with translation of MARCHESE family crest

This is the whole Crest/Coat Of Arms picture if it makes more sense to see it in it's entirety.
Marchese Crest 1.JPG
by cmm
10 Nov 2011, 21:55

I did the first translation for you, but I don't understand the use of the word CREST. I have searched the Webster Dictionary on line http://www.learnersdictionary.com/search/crest[1] but I could not find any suitable definition... Hello again, and I may certainly be using the wrong terminology of ...
by cmm
10 Nov 2011, 19:15

Hello cmm, can I ask you who told you that this is " your " family crest? L. Hello and well I am only going on the fact that this framed piece hung in my family's home ever since I can remember as a child. I don't recall my Mom or Dad telling me specifically that it was OUR family crest. ...
by cmm
10 Nov 2011, 01:43

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! Wonderful but now I guess I need to find out what it all means. Any suggestions on how or where I should start this research? I really appreciate your help.
by cmm
09 Nov 2011, 18:54

Help with translation of MARCHESE family crest

I am trying to find some one to help me translate to english my family crest. Attached is a copy of it written in Italian. Any one up for the challenge? Thank you in advance.
Marchese Crest 2.JPG
by cmm
28 Oct 2011, 17:52
Topic: Families fro Grumento Nova
Replies: 8
Views: 7467

Re: Families fro Grumento Nova

Hello above, Could Your Pasquale Bove be any relation to my Carmela Bove? From Grumento Nova? From : Rose243 Hello Rose243, Not sure but maybe. Here is what I have on my Grandfathers side: His parents: Andrea Bove - 1861 Agnese Di Tommaso (Peluysa) Bove - 1877 His Grandparents: Pasquale Bove - 1834...
by cmm
27 Oct 2011, 22:15
Topic: Families fro Grumento Nova
Replies: 8
Views: 7467

Re: Families fro Grumento Nova

I'm researching my family which originated in Grumento Nova, Potenza and has now spread to Australia, US (mainly Los Bason, California) & NZ. The names I am mainly interested in are Toscano, Papaleo, Falasco, DiPierri, Bove, Pugliese, Bianculli I already have considerably information and would ...