I'm researching my family which originated in Grumento Nova, Potenza and has now spread to Australia, US (mainly Los Bason, California) & NZ.
The names I am mainly interested in are Toscano, Papaleo, Falasco, DiPierri, Bove, Pugliese, Bianculli
I already have considerably information and would love to get more & share.
Families fro Grumento Nova
- meticulousmobile
- Rookie

- Posts: 84
- Joined: 06 Nov 2007, 00:00
- Location: boston
Re: Families fro Grumento Nova
I have some Bove info from Grumento Nova, let me know some names and dates, or whatever you have and/or need.
Researching Pennella, Liuzzi, Bottini, Casella, LaPosta, Defeudis, Gaudet, Gallant and Parant.
Re: Families fro Grumento Nova
My family tree is posted on my internet sitemeticulousmobile wrote:I have some Bove info from Grumento Nova, let me know some names and dates, or whatever you have and/or need.
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/tosfamily/index.htm
How are you connected to Grumento Nova
my email address is tosfamily@optusnet.com.au
Re: Families fro Grumento Nova
Hi, I am looking for family from the area grumento nova also, my great great grandmother carmela Bove. Married to Carlo Nigri OR ( Nigro),
on 30 july 1857,
on 30 july 1857,
Re: Families fro Grumento Nova
Here is some information I found for a Papaleo from Potenza who immigrated to Argentina:
Name: PAPALEO, NICOLA Age: 33 Marital Status: S Profession: MECHANICAL Religion: CATOLICA Nationality: ITALIAN Ship: BRASIL Source: GENOVA Arrival Date: 14/06/1948 - BUENOS AIRES Born in: POTENZA
As you can see, the arrival date appears to be a misprint and the month should probably be a 1 or a 4.
I ran across this entry when I was searching for one of my ancestors who possibly ended up in Argentina. I know you did not mention Argentina; however, I wanted to make you aware of this, just in case. I have not ruled him out as my ancestor, but the Nicola Papaleo I am looking for was last known to have lived in Cotronei in Calabria, not Potenza. I know the above entry lists the birth city, but based on other entries I have found, it can also be the town in which they lived in Italy.
Name: PAPALEO, NICOLA Age: 33 Marital Status: S Profession: MECHANICAL Religion: CATOLICA Nationality: ITALIAN Ship: BRASIL Source: GENOVA Arrival Date: 14/06/1948 - BUENOS AIRES Born in: POTENZA
As you can see, the arrival date appears to be a misprint and the month should probably be a 1 or a 4.
I ran across this entry when I was searching for one of my ancestors who possibly ended up in Argentina. I know you did not mention Argentina; however, I wanted to make you aware of this, just in case. I have not ruled him out as my ancestor, but the Nicola Papaleo I am looking for was last known to have lived in Cotronei in Calabria, not Potenza. I know the above entry lists the birth city, but based on other entries I have found, it can also be the town in which they lived in Italy.
Re: Families fro Grumento Nova
Hello tosfamily,tosfamily wrote:I'm researching my family which originated in Grumento Nova, Potenza and has now spread to Australia, US (mainly Los Bason, California) & NZ.
The names I am mainly interested in are Toscano, Papaleo, Falasco, DiPierri, Bove, Pugliese, Bianculli
I already have considerably information and would love to get more & share.
I saw your post about Grumento Nova Italy and Australia and think you and I may share in our family history. My Grandfather was Pasquale Bove (married to Minnie Ferro) from Los Banos, CA. He had several sisters and brothers.Sisters are: Josephine Bove who married Dominic DiPierre Fresno Ca area, Maddelena Bove who married Louis Sarbo Los Banos Ca area, Filomena Bove who migrated to Australia, and Marirosa Bove. Brothers are: Arthur Bove Los Banos Ca area, Gaetano Bove French Riviera area, Alfredo Bove. I would love to share any family information with you.
Re: Families fro Grumento Nova
Hello above,
Could Your Pasquale Bove be any relation to my Carmela Bove? From Grumento Nova?
From : Rose243
Could Your Pasquale Bove be any relation to my Carmela Bove? From Grumento Nova?
From : Rose243
Re: Families fro Grumento Nova
Hello Rose243,Rose243 wrote:Hello above,
Could Your Pasquale Bove be any relation to my Carmela Bove? From Grumento Nova?
From : Rose243
Not sure but maybe. Here is what I have on my Grandfathers side:
His parents:
Andrea Bove - 1861
Agnese Di Tommaso (Peluysa) Bove - 1877
His Grandparents:
Pasquale Bove - 1834
Maddalena (Dragotti) Bove - 1841
Ring any bells?
Re: Families fro Grumento Nova
hi,
I wouldn't have any clues to go on as i only have her name unfortunately and that she married my gr, gr. grandfather. I have only so far researched the other side of my family, thanks anyway
nigro/Nigri
I wouldn't have any clues to go on as i only have her name unfortunately and that she married my gr, gr. grandfather. I have only so far researched the other side of my family, thanks anyway
nigro/Nigri
