Search found 58 matches

by Jen C.
12 Jul 2012, 00:14
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Cordaro Family/Caltanissetta, Sicily
Replies: 88
Views: 16251

Re: Cordaro Family/Caltanissetta, Sicily

I really can't express how fundamental you all were in my search. There are no words to describe how I feel. I'm going to keep at this genealogy thing. =)
by Jen C.
10 Jul 2012, 19:46

Hi everyone, I wanted to let you all know that I'm back from my trip to Caltanissetta. It was more rewarding that I ever would have imagined, Thanks to all of you. I was able to go to the state archives and pull the original books that all these records were originally written in. I got to touch the...
by Jen C.
27 May 2012, 09:34
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation help, multiple documents
Replies: 30
Views: 6443

Re: Translation help, multiple documents

Thank you Marty! I'll print this out and use it as a guide. I appreciate it!
by Jen C.
25 May 2012, 06:28

I have found a record with my last name, not sure if it is in fact anyone from my family. Can someone please read this record and tell me who the parents are? If the parents are Salvatore Cordaro and Michela Bruno, then this is my great-grandfather's brother. Record coordinates are: Caltanissetta>Ca...
by Jen C.
25 May 2012, 05:06

Livio, I have a few other addresses from birth records. Could you please tell me if there are other literal translations that may be important? Or if any of these addresses make sense to find the church they might have belonged to? They are: 1) Via Santa Croce, Caltanissetta 2) #9 Via San Giorami (p...
by Jen C.
25 May 2012, 05:02

there is a website where you can search all passengers that arrived in Buenos Aires, from 1882 to 1960 the website is in Spanish. see below Apellido = Last name Nombre = Name Desde = from hasta = to dia=day mes= month año= year let me know if you need any help!!! http://www.cemla.com/busqueda.php# ...
by Jen C.
25 May 2012, 04:52

Marty,

Thank you for the additional record. Can we be friends forever? :wink:

Forever grateful,
Jen
by Jen C.
25 May 2012, 04:50

liviomoreno wrote:The house is on Vicolo dietro Santa Croce #31, literally "Alley behind the Holy Cross #31"
Wow, really?!? ...lol.... that is too funny. So is this an address that I could actually track down when I'm there and take a picture of? ...or would this be impossible to know today?
by Jen C.
23 May 2012, 00:10

I meant to put these on the other thread, not the translation thread. Oops. Thanks Marty for tracking me down, lol... without you I wouldn't be very far in all of this.
by Jen C.
23 May 2012, 00:08

Thats great, thank you! I would never have thought of accomplishing that through looking for parents names. So then, what about to find out about immigration? I heard from someone that in Italy, people were required to be up to date on all taxes before they were allowed to leave the country. Do you ...
by Jen C.
22 May 2012, 21:29

I'm looking for Giovanna Lomonaco's (my great grandmother) sister...I know she moved to Argentina around the same time my great-grandmother came to the US. Does anyone know how I could go about looking up her birth record without knowing her name?
by Jen C.
17 May 2012, 07:41

Oh, so you did. Sorry, I missed that post somehow. Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I'm very excited to share this with my family this weekend when I visit them.

Have a great end of the week,
Jen
by Jen C.
16 May 2012, 19:11

If anyone else is able to help with the others, I'd be grateful forever! =) This is what is left: Angelo Lomonaco & Guiseppa Asarisi Marriage Publication: Caltanissetta > Caltanissetta > Allegati di Matrimonio > 1889 > Image: 950 of 1209>pages 950-955 Angelo death record: Calitanissetta>Caltanis...
by Jen C.
16 May 2012, 18:59

Thank you Livio! There wasn't any other location information or church information listed in there was there? I'll be going to Sicily in June and I'd like to figure out which church they belonged to or what streets my family lived on so I can find whichever church is closest. It looks like the two s...
by Jen C.
15 May 2012, 19:21

GREAT FIND, Marty!!! :-D Here is the birth record of his brother, Angelo, who had an arrival in 1908 at age 20, leaving father Salvatore in Caltanissetta, and also lived in Rochester... Looks like he had been in US before... ARRIVAL INFO: Given Name: Angelo Surname: Cordaro Last Place of Residence:...