Search found 8503 matches

by erudita74
07 Sep 2012, 23:24
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Death record help
Replies: 7
Views: 1913

Re: Death record help

The abbreviation you have seen in other records for the word "maestro" simply means that the person was a master of whatever trade in which he engaged. So you might see this word in front of an occupation such as "calzolaio" for shoemaker. Of course, if you go to a current Italia...
by erudita74
07 Sep 2012, 12:53
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Circello Benevento Campania
Replies: 2
Views: 2199

Re: Circello Benevento Campania

There are microfilmed records available for the town but only for the earlier years from 1809 to 1860. These must be rented through a local family history center run by the Church of the Latter Day Saints. Registri dello stato civile di Circello (Benevento), 1809-1860 You can use this link to find t...
by erudita74
06 Sep 2012, 23:44
Topic: Cesarò, Sicily
Replies: 5
Views: 1692

Re: Cesarò, Sicily

No problem. I thought you had missed that I posted the address and that's why I posted it again. Good luck with getting the record copies you need from the town.
by erudita74
06 Sep 2012, 23:42

The wife, Caterina (sorry I had trouble deciphering her name correctly because of the condition of the record) was still alive when he died. Directly after his name in the record appears the word "marito" for husband. If she had predeceased him, the word would have been "vedovo" ...
by erudita74
06 Sep 2012, 18:16

"di Giovanni" would be his mother's maiden name. Both his parents were deceased at the time of his death. His father Stanislao had been a proprietario (property owner). The word after the mother's maiden name is "conjugi" for “spouses”-sometimes written as “coniugi”-indicating th...
by erudita74
06 Sep 2012, 15:27

The address I gave you at the beginning of my reply above services the anagrafe or registry office, so I would write to that address. Here it is again: Servizi Demografici Corso Margherita 2 98033 - Cesarò (ME) Italia I also found a fax number below- Cesarò Municipio Corso Margherita, 2 Telefono : 0...
by erudita74
06 Sep 2012, 15:07

Servizi Demografici Corso Margherita,2 98033 - Cesarò (ME) Italia tel 0957739011 For your information- At the following website, you will find online records for your town from 1821 to 1865. http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/ click on sfoglia i registri at the lower left. Then on the next scr...
by erudita74
06 Sep 2012, 14:08
Topic: Death Record Help
Views: 924

Re: Death Record Help

He was a 28 year old informant on this record. His relationship to the deceased is not stated in this record. There are actually two informants on this record and he was the second one.
by erudita74
06 Sep 2012, 03:37
Topic: birth record help
Views: 939

Re: birth record help

I can understand why you are confused. I believe there is a correction in the record as (Donna) Carolina Cavotta was referred to as the daughter of (Don) Francesco Purcaro, the son of Don Angelo, but then it states that it should read that she was the wife of Don Francesco. At least that is what I a...
by erudita74
03 Sep 2012, 21:59
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Requesting copies of recotds
Replies: 10
Views: 3984

Re: Requesting copies of recotds

The microfilms need to be rented through a local family history run by the Church of the Latter Day Saints. Anyone can use their libraries. You don't have to be a Mormon or member of their church. To find the closest center to where you live, you can use the following link https://familysearch.org/l...
by erudita74
03 Sep 2012, 20:12
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Requesting copies of recotds
Views: 3984

Re: Requesting copies of recotds

I think the problem is that a lot of these towns are being bombarded with requests for record copies, especially with so many people trying to obtain dual citizenship. If you just need the info, and not a physical copy of the record, you might try emailing the towns. I don't always get responses, bu...
by erudita74
03 Sep 2012, 14:30
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Italian relatives in 1890's in Argentina
Replies: 9
Views: 21137

Re: Italian relatives in 1890's in Argentina

One simple explanation is that the seasons in Argentina were reversed from those in Italy, and Argentina had an agricultural economy and jobs for unskilled laborers. So if it was winter in Italy, and the peasants could not find work there, they migrated to Argentina in search of work because it was ...
by erudita74
03 Sep 2012, 12:18
Topic: Profession - Carafaro?
Views: 1414

Re: Profession - Carafaro?

Do you, by any chance, have the record in which this occupation appears to upload to the forum for all to see?
by erudita74
03 Sep 2012, 05:52
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Italian relatives in 1890's in Argentina
Replies: 9
Views: 21137

Re: Italian relatives in 1890's in Argentina

This book may interest you-

Immigrants in the Lands of Promise:Italians in Buenos Aires and New York City, 1870 to 1914 by Samuel L. Bailey.
by erudita74
03 Sep 2012, 05:39
Topic: St.Tommaso Church in Caramanico Terme
Views: 5636

Re: St.Tommaso Church in Caramanico Terme

You're welcome. In addition to baptism and marriage records, your ancestral church should have death records, and they may also have Confirmation registers or Confirmation records called Cresime. I am finding Confirmation registers among the Latin church records for one of my own ancestral towns. Ch...