Search found 70 matches

by Primo Mattino
07 May 2020, 15:31
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Birth Record and in search of Adoption Record?
Replies: 2
Views: 152

Re: Birth Record and in search of Adoption Record?

You could call the Archivio Diocesano di Palermo http://www.asdpa.arcidiocesi.palermo.it/consultazione.html and ask if they have the archive of the Brefotrofio or know where it is. Here in Italy the archives of institutions that no longer exist are handled very carelessly. In Reggio Calabria I happe...
by Primo Mattino
07 Apr 2020, 15:59
Topic: Schiavone — Barletta
Replies: 3
Views: 156

Re: Schiavone — Barletta

The age on marriage certificates was generally correct. The bride and groom had to present a copy of the birth certificate (a copy of the baptismal certificate in the early years of the civil registry) before the marriage could take place. The age on a marriage certificate is therefore almost always...
by Primo Mattino
01 Apr 2020, 16:34
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Members living in Italy
Replies: 22
Views: 986

Re: Members living in Italy

I live in a small village on the shore of the Ionian Sea on the most southern part of the mainland. There has not been one case of the bug in our village. The supermarkets have everything one needs. Everyday I take a walk on the beach and a dive in the sea. The only disadvantage for me is that the a...
by Primo Mattino
21 Feb 2020, 17:25
Topic: The mystery of Natale Calabrese
Replies: 4
Views: 236

Re: The mystery of Natale Calabrese

You should not worry too much about different names for the same person. It is a total mindfuck, I know, but get used to it. These things are happening untill today in small communities. I have a brother in law whose name is Cesare. His parents have chosen this name because a close friend of my fath...
by Primo Mattino
17 Feb 2020, 14:45
Topic: Found a record in the index but it's not digitized - what are my options?
Replies: 14
Views: 581

Re: Found a record in the index but it's not digitized - what are my options?

That's not Angela, but Grazia. Marra is one of the most common names in the area north of Reggio. You cannot just pick up some Angela Marra somewhere and presume that's your Angela. Unfortunately the parish records for Ortì Superiore before 1819 are lost. In Ortì inferiore I did not detect any Franc...
by Primo Mattino
09 Feb 2020, 23:30
Topic: Which Anna Cagliostro? [Reggio Calabria]
Replies: 8
Views: 360

Re: Which Anna Cagliostro? [Reggio Calabria]

Your Anna Cagliostro was baptized as Lucia Cagliostro 19 august 1830, daughter of Giuseppe and Francesca Suraci.
Don't worry. It happened many times a person went bij another name in stead of his/her baptize name. The marriage act gives the clue.
by Primo Mattino
09 Feb 2020, 23:13

Civil marriage Santo Stefano 14 april 1856 Antonino Scarfone di Giuseppe and Carmela Pratticò with Lucia Anna Cagliostro di Giuseppe and Francesca Soraci. Both are born in Santo Stefano. No ages given.
by Primo Mattino
09 Feb 2020, 23:03

15 april 1856 Santo Stefano: Church marriage between Antonino Scarfone fu Giuseppe and Anna Cagliostro fu Giuseppe.
Unfortunately that is all there is.
by Primo Mattino
09 Feb 2020, 22:31

There is a baptismal deed in Santo Stefano of July 26, 1837: Anna Cagliostro daughter of Pasquale Cagliostro and Fortunata Favano. I don't understand why the baptisms from 1820 to 1847 were not published on this website: https://www.archiviodiocesanoreggiobova.it/consultazione-registri-parrocchiali/...
by Primo Mattino
03 Feb 2020, 19:54
Topic: re: giuseppina bova in reggio calabria
Replies: 16
Views: 648

Re: re: giuseppina bova in reggio calabria

Yes, you are missing it. It is there.
by Primo Mattino
03 Feb 2020, 18:11

No, it has nothing to do with 1865. Please read carefully what I wrote. I just had a look in the Indice Decennale of 1888 and there is a Giuseppe Bova from Raffaele. You could assume that the writer made a mistake. Very often they wrote the last letter of a name very sloppy. I have often had difficu...
by Primo Mattino
03 Feb 2020, 17:23

All civil status records are duplicated. The originals are kept in the archives of the municipality and the copies are sent to the so-called "Tribunale" and stored there. If the privacy period is over, then the Tribunale must send all deeds of that period to the State Archives every 10 years. Someti...
by Primo Mattino
03 Feb 2020, 16:27

Mother's surname is Modafferi o Modaffari (both appear in Reggio). In this case it is Modafferi as there is a couple in Reggio with the names Raffaele Bova and Maria Modafferi. They were married in 1881. It is true that from the late 19'th century various years are missing in the Archivio di Stato (...
by Primo Mattino
20 Jan 2020, 11:03
Forum: Genetic genealogy
Topic: Misleading publicity
Replies: 0
Views: 277

Misleading publicity

Everybody who is in for DNA testing should first see this documentary at Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isa5c1p6aC0 before spending any money.