Search found 5 matches

by BParotto
20 Oct 2012, 05:09
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Ancestry research - "Parotto" surname - Potenza province
Replies: 8
Views: 3565

Re: Ancestry research - "Parotto" surname - Potenza province

I found this record abt Rocco and Maria ( Maria Antonietta Fratantuono I believe right name) and by a genealogic tree on ancestry.com, abt your ancestors, seeming that was married in Illinois and not in Italy: Cook County, Illinois, Marriages Index, 1871-1920 about Rocco Perrotto Name: Rocco Perrot...
by BParotto
20 Oct 2012, 04:59

I spoke with some relatives and found new information - my great great grandmother's name looks to have been Maria Antonio Fratianton or Frantianton. (born in 1869?) Her parents were John Fratianton/Frantianton and Theresa Gambilio. They were from the town of Calvello. Any help anyone could give me...
by BParotto
11 Oct 2012, 22:00

I spoke with some relatives and found new information - my great great grandmother's name looks to have been Maria Antonio Fratianton or Frantianton. (born in 1869?) Her parents were John Fratianton/Frantianton and Theresa Gambilio. They were from the town of Calvello. Any help anyone could give me ...
by BParotto
28 Sep 2012, 15:33

Thanks so much for the fast reply! In talking with some of my relatives, Maria would have been about 5 years younger than Rocco. It was an arranged marriage. Perhaps the wedding was not in Calvello, but somewhere else in Potenza province? Maybe 1 of them was from Calvello but the other was not. I wi...
by BParotto
27 Sep 2012, 18:58

Ancestry research - "Parotto" surname - Potenza province

I am looking for information on my great great grandparents, whose surname is currently Parotto. The name may have changed when they immigrated to America, I have seen variations such as Perrotto, Perotto, Parrotta, Parotta, Parato, Parrato, etc.. My great great grandfather Rocco was born around 186...