Search found 9 matches

by sepiaz
08 Feb 2021, 05:24
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Salvatore Piazza Brick Wall Questions
Replies: 3
Views: 828

Salvatore Piazza Brick Wall Questions

I was researching my paternal grandfather for whom I hit a brick wall. I took a hiatus for a few years and have returned to work on it. My grandfather was Salvatore Piazza (b. circa 1858 assumed in Vallelunga) who was married to Rosalia Savoia (b. 1875 in Vallelunga). Both died in Phillipsburg, New ...
by sepiaz
14 Apr 2019, 19:49
Topic: Caterina Piazza
Replies: 4
Views: 1573

Re: Caterina Piazza

I only know that she was most likely born in the province of Caltanissetta. However, her family was from Vallelunga in that province.
by sepiaz
31 Mar 2019, 00:47
Topic: Caterina Piazza
Replies: 4
Views: 1573

Caterina Piazza

Looking for information on Caterina Piazza, birth date unknown, from Caltanissetta, Sicily. Daughter of Cristofaro Piazza (died 19 May 1849). Siblings are Vincenza Piazza (1818-1837) and Manfredo Piazza (1822-1904). Married to Giuseppe Rizzari on 23 November 1836. Did she have any children or other ...
by sepiaz
28 Aug 2016, 21:07
Topic: Piazza Family from Vallelunga
Replies: 9
Views: 2332

Re: Piazza Family from Vallelunga

Thanks, Sam. We have been in contact before. Unfortunately, I lost all our email correspondence - my fault because I did not back it up. I am returning to genealogical research after a break due to health reasons. Before your family moved, our families were both located in Phillipsburg, New Jersey. ...
by sepiaz
22 Aug 2016, 02:50
Topic: Piazza Family from Vallelunga
Replies: 9
Views: 2332

Piazza Family from Vallelunga

Thanks to Italian Genealogy I had success in tracing my father’s maternal family line (Savoia, Piscitello, Scriminaci, Gaeta). My maternal grandmother was Rosalia Savoia and she married Salvatore Piazza and one of their sons was my father, James Vincent Piazza, born in Phillipsburg, New Jersey, wher...
by sepiaz
07 Apr 2013, 19:12
Topic: Vincenzo Savoia Family from Vallelunga
Replies: 2
Views: 1214

Vincenzo Savoia Family from Vallelunga

Looking for information on the parents or any family members in Sicily of my great grandfather Vincenzo Savoia. He was born in 1846 in Sicily and arrived in the US on 5 July 1893 from Vallelunga, Sicily. He married Liboria Piscitello who arrived on 16 May 1898 with three children, Giuseppe, Rosaria,...
by sepiaz
07 Apr 2013, 17:30
Topic: Married Women's Use of Maiden Names at Immigration
Views: 2062

Re: Married Women's Use of Maiden Names at Immigration

Thanks, Erudita. This is very helpful. When I was working on the family genealogy only a few weeks ago and saw that Concetta Savoia was listed as married on the Ellis Island ship manifest, I initially concluded either she was not a Savoia or that a recording error was made on the manifest. It was on...
by sepiaz
06 Apr 2013, 18:42
Topic: Married Women's Use of Maiden Names at Immigration
Views: 2062

Married Women's Use of Maiden Names at Immigration

I found two female ancestor's whose spouses were settled in New York before they arrived in the US. Both had children, but when they immigrated they used their maiden names. For example, Liboria Savoia (nee Piscitello) arrived in 1898 from Vallelunga, Sicily with Giuseppe, Rosaria, and Michele and w...
by sepiaz
16 Mar 2013, 04:56
Topic: Savoia Family from Vallelunga
Replies: 0
Views: 750

Savoia Family from Vallelunga

Italian Genealogy’s servers crashed right after I made my first post tracing my paternal grandparents from Sicily. My paternal grandfather was Salvatore Piazza. I am still trying to locate more information on his family but I do know he was from Sicily, and now that I know a little more about my pat...