Caterina Piazza

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sepiaz

Caterina Piazza

Post by sepiaz »

Looking for information on Caterina Piazza, birth date unknown, from Caltanissetta, Sicily. Daughter of Cristofaro Piazza (died 19 May 1849). Siblings are Vincenza Piazza (1818-1837) and Manfredo Piazza (1822-1904). Married to Giuseppe Rizzari on 23 November 1836. Did she have any children or other siblings? I am trying to break through a brick wall. She may be a great great aunt. DNA testing shows possible cousins from her family line and Cristofaro’s line, also. Thanks.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Caterina Piazza

Post by suanj »

Hi, the birthplace is Caltanissetta town or some Commune in Caltanissetta province?
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
sepiaz

Post by sepiaz »

I only know that she was most likely born in the province of Caltanissetta. However, her family was from Vallelunga in that province.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Look in the Vallelunga Family Book to see if you have her right name.
Le famiglie di Vallelunga", author Giuseppe Cipolla

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
piazza16428
Veteran
Veteran

Post by piazza16428 »

I have information on Caterina, but the only information I have is that she was married to Giuseppe Rizzzari on November 23, 1836. Her siblings were Manfredo and Vincenzo Piazza. Her parents were Cristofaro Piazza and Beatrice Fraterrigo, her grandparents were Manfredo Piazza and Vincenza Cerasa. I know that Manfredo died May 13, 1819 and he married Vincenza on August 30, 1772.

Unfortunately I do not have information regarding Caterina children but I am in possession of the books Le famiglie di Vallelunga", by author Giuseppe Cipolla and I can look to see if I can find more information.

I come from the line of Manfredo Piazza her brother. His son Cristofaro Piazza was my great grandfather.

You are free to e-mail me at piazza16428@gmail.com or visit our family tree at the website https://piazzafamiglia.tribalpages.com/