Search found 6 matches

by Victorjay
29 Sep 2013, 20:59
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Where might I find place of birth in US docs?
Replies: 4
Views: 1928

Re: Where might I find place of birth in US docs?

Thanks Marty,I have looked but there are a lot of places in Rome. I think a searchable data base would help. I'm still looking there are a lot of siblings too.
by Victorjay
29 Sep 2013, 18:02
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Where might I find place of birth in US docs?
Replies: 4
Views: 1928

Where might I find place of birth in US docs?

I'm trying to locate a birth certificate for my GF but don't really know the town or commune area. I'm waiting on the naturalization info for kings county but I'm told that the birth certificate was not included. The census and draft registrations for him only show Italy. Can someone point me in a b...
by Victorjay
29 Jul 2013, 22:14
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: What happens when your GP served in the US Military WW1
Replies: 2
Views: 1152

Re: What happens when your GP served in the US Military WW1

Thanks Marty,yes I am trying to get citizenship in Italy, living over here right now,Deutchland, and have two GF one from Alcamo Sicily,born 1895 served in WW1 and the other from somewhere around Rome, born 1878,yeah I have a few years under what little hair I still have! I am still chasing BC's and...
by Victorjay
28 Jul 2013, 17:54
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: What happens when your GP served in the US Military WW1
Replies: 2
Views: 1152

What happens when your GP served in the US Military WW1

Do they forswear at induction? I have one GP that served in WW1 and the other GF that I can't find a BC for but I did find the registration for the draft ( he didn't serve), on this GF i can not find his naturalization or BC. I'm lost I run into a lot of dead ends my relatives are old and do not kno...
by Victorjay
21 Apr 2013, 21:50
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Is forswearing of allegiance
Replies: 3
Views: 2828

Re: Is forswearing of allegiance

Thanks for the reply mlar, I'll start a search on my grand mother next. I guess I'm excluded from my GGF too due to my GF's nationalization?
by Victorjay
21 Apr 2013, 16:07
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Is forswearing of allegiance
Replies: 3
Views: 2828

Is forswearing of allegiance

Hello everyone, I've been lurking for a while, first post. Great site.Is forswearing of allegiance to the reigning foreign sovereign, as stated in the Naturalization declaration for the USA in the 1920's , the same as renouncing there citizenship to Italy? One of my grandfathers fought in WW1 and th...