Search found 23 matches

by Beatles78
26 May 2022, 23:02
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Michele Aiani, his history, connection to Raul Aiani?
Replies: 17
Views: 4888

Re: Michele Aiani, his history, connection to Raul Aiani?

Hi again! Does anyone know the church in Naples where Michele was baptized by any chance? My parents will be in Naples tomorrow and it would be lovely for them to potentially go into the church of her ancestor!
by Beatles78
19 Mar 2022, 13:43
Forum: Genetic genealogy
Topic: Percent Italian for Sicilians
Replies: 9
Views: 1910

Re: Percent Italian for Sicilians

I can't speak directly for the Sicilian -- but -- I have an Ancestry match (14 cM) who shows as 68% Southern Italian (which includes Sicily) and 32% Northern Italian. This is the highest ( 100% ) that I have found PERIOD. Unfortunately she has no trees and isn't responding to messages. A couple of ...
by Beatles78
18 Jul 2018, 05:03
Topic: Frank Capra - Connected to my Capra Ancestors?
Replies: 4
Views: 3339

Re: Frank Capra - Connected to my Capra Ancestors?

Hi!

Has anyone found anything on Frank Capra's grandparents? Benedetto Capra and Luisa (Aloysius) Maienza?

I'm trying to see if there is a connection between my Capras (Crapas) and Frank Capra.

Thank you!
Stephanie
by Beatles78
21 Dec 2016, 04:39

Re: Frank Capra - Connected to my Capra Ancestors?

Thank you! Is that as far as we can go back for Frank Capra? Any records on Salvatore Capra, where he was born, and who his parents were and where they were born?
by Beatles78
09 Apr 2016, 16:39

Frank Capra - Connected to my Capra Ancestors?

Hi all! I know that Frank Capra's ancestors were from Sicily, in Bisacquino. My Capra ancestors were from Corleone, which is not too far away at all. I know that my Capras were once "Crapas".....were Frank's ancestors also Crapas? With the help of this board, i was able to trace back the f...
by Beatles78
09 Apr 2016, 16:27
Topic: Raul Aiani: Connection to Aiani Family in Italy
Replies: 6
Views: 3114

Re: Raul Aiani: Connection to Aiani Family in Italy

Thank you all! Is it possible to go back further and find Ambrogio's parents?
by Beatles78
21 Jan 2016, 02:56

Re: Raul Aiani: Connection to Aiani Family in Italy

Hello!

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply but this is awesome! Is there any way you can translate this document to English for me? Does it name Ambrogio's parents anywhere in this document? How about his wife's parents names?

Thank you very much!
Stephanie
by Beatles78
04 Sep 2015, 05:22
Topic: Rosa Cicirello born in Corleone, Sicily, Italy in mid 1800s
Replies: 11
Views: 3124

Re: Rosa Cicirello born in Corleone, Sicily, Italy in mid 1800s

OMG I'm in awe of you!!! How are you finding these records so easily? Where can I be looking to find these? You're amazing! :)

I just want you to keep going! :)

Thanks so much!
Stephanie
by Beatles78
03 Sep 2015, 21:21

Awesome - thank you! So it seems like there are pretty deep roots in Corleone for my family. Are you able to go back any further on baptisms for Bernard Cicirello, his wife Rosa Cuccia, Pasquale Vinci and his wife Petra Ducibella so i can go back further for all their parents? Thank you very much ag...
by Beatles78
03 Sep 2015, 17:57

Raul Aiani: Connection to Aiani Family in Italy

Hello all! I have a new mystery that's pretty cool. I have a Raul Aiani who lives in Argentina who contacted me about a possible relation to my Aianis in Italy. Raul Aiani was born on 14 Nov 1962 in Argentina. The following is his ancestry: Father: Inocencio Aiani, b. 18 Nov 1922 in Argentina His Fa...
by Beatles78
03 Sep 2015, 17:11

Anizio, thank you for that.

I don't have the time to search all those documents you specified....hopefully something will surface at some point?

Thanks again!
by Beatles78
03 Sep 2015, 17:03

This is fantastic. Now, I don't see any records coming up for Bernardo or Rosa when searching on FamilySearch.org...all those birth records don't fit birth-wise. Do you find anything additional? For Gaetena Vinci....do you find anything on any siblings or anything? I see possible parents of Pasquale...
by Beatles78
07 Jun 2015, 22:05

Right. I do not know where that data came from either where we thought the mother was Angela Prosperi - however, she must have been the stepmom due to this document find this great group of people found for me! :)
by Beatles78
07 Jun 2015, 19:33

Ahh, I see Anizio. So for 1809-1810 you just have to manually go through the documents but 1811-1814 you can search an index? Would be great if you could search those, i will have to manually search then the 1809-1810. Hopefully you'll find it in the ones with indexes. LOL Thanks again so much for y...
by Beatles78
06 Jun 2015, 17:33

Sounds like a lot of research that needs to happen. :( Were all the records during that time period in Rome lost or destroyed? That certainly doesn't help! Any idea if you can find a marriage record for Carlo and Teresa....assuming it's Naples and after 1809? Not sure where or when Michele married h...