Search found 5 matches

by KittyCat1
12 Oct 2013, 21:43
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Sicilian family- Basilotta
Replies: 10
Views: 6836

Re: Sicilian family- Basilotta

Do you know the birth year of Serafina? My grandmother was from Nicosia born in 1892. Any chance they could be related? Her name was Maria Santa Basilotta.
kittyCat1
by KittyCat1
04 Sep 2013, 04:14
Topic: Finding my ancestors
Replies: 7
Views: 2464

Re: Finding my ancestors

Thanks for your suggestions. The document that I received today is not the actual birth certificate, but a certificate of registration. It gives my grandparents' names, but no addresses. I will take your advice Barb and send a note to the person who sent me the document expressing my gratitude and m...
by KittyCat1
03 Sep 2013, 23:55

Hi Tessa78

I just received a reply from the Comune di Partanna which certified my grandfather's birth there. Such a thrill! I now know my great grandparents names. I would live to learn addresses as I am going to Sicily in April.
by KittyCat1
06 Jul 2013, 14:26

Thanks for your input! I will definitely check these out. My local library has a microfilm center. That division is closed currently because the library is moving but I will get there as soon as they reopen. I am planning a trip to Sicily in April 2014 and want todo as muchas I can beforehand to mak...
by KittyCat1
06 Jul 2013, 04:52

Finding my ancestors

Hi all. I am new to this board and am looking forward to researching my family with your help. First, I would like to trace my grandfather's family. Based on the manifest of Oct 19,1907 he (Giuseppe Pandolfo) came from Partanna, Sicily and his father' s given name was Nicolo. I also know his birthda...