Search found 24 matches

by ty79978
30 Jun 2017, 06:47
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Missing Siblings
Replies: 1
Views: 198

Missing Siblings

To whoever can help me, I appreciate it! I find it extremely hard to believe that I have three separate families in my tree with only 2 or 3 known siblings. I have a feeling by the gaps in birth years that there are a few more siblings in each family that I'm just missing. Thank you for all of your ...
by ty79978
04 Sep 2013, 00:25
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: English to Italian - Birth Certificate from PA
Replies: 2
Views: 783

Re: English to Italian - Birth Certificate from PA

As with any language, things may not always translate out 100% I have a cousin who speaks very well Italian and travels to and from various parts of Italy constantly. I however, cannot read much and translate much Italian, but I did pass on you request to my cousin, and this is what she emailed me b...
by ty79978
04 Sep 2013, 00:16
Topic: Contacting a member
Views: 674

Re: Contacting a member

Hi I sent a private message to a memeber who had tried to contact me some 3 years ago but I have not had a reply. Is there any way of contacting him now as I have some information for him concerning our Lando connection. The members name is Matthew Cachia Zammit, I believe he is based in Malta. Mag...
by ty79978
06 Aug 2013, 18:41
Topic: Palazzolo Family Relatives in Italy:
Replies: 27
Views: 5208

Re: Palazzolo Family Relatives in Italy:

Right, I am aware. I've encountered that.

Thanks for all your help Mary,
Greatly Appreciated!
I honestly never thought I'd ever find out this much.

Thanks!
Tyler
by ty79978
06 Aug 2013, 18:03

Now, I found this other tree on Ancestry.com Is it possible that Francesco Lafata & Giuseppa gave birth to a daughter Angela who married a Domenico DiOrlando? According to this other' person's Ancestry tree, Angela LaFata and Domenico DiOrlando were married on February 13th, 1814 in Cinsi, Plaermo, ...
by ty79978
06 Aug 2013, 18:02

Okay,

Now it all makes sense and I can place them all in my tree.
Thanks for showing this to me.
by ty79978
06 Aug 2013, 09:41
Topic: Galioto "Galiotto" family surname
Replies: 14
Views: 1864

Re: Galioto "Galiotto" family surname

Laura, I attempted to calculate the birth year for Giacinto Galioto. But due to the various ages of him that were recorded during the time of birth of the children. I've calculated that he was born between 1841 and 1849. As for Antonina DiPiazza - Piazza. There is only one child's birth that seems t...
by ty79978
06 Aug 2013, 03:38

You have something not right with Pietro Giacona Its says on his marriage record 1908 Feb 23rd in the town of Cinisi church of Santa Fara Vergine Pietro Giacona son of Salvatore Giacona and Maria Galati married Serafina Palazzolo daughter of Alfonso Palazzolo and Maria Giannola PG LINK https://fami...
by ty79978
06 Aug 2013, 03:19

Wow! Thanks Marty. Now I'm curious..All these other "Palazzolo" relatives. Born with the surnname of Palazzolo I mean, I've encountered cases where cousins married cousins. So I'm assuming that all these Palazzolo's are indeed cousins of one another somehow or possibly even siblings? Is there a way ...
by ty79978
06 Aug 2013, 00:17
Topic: Palazzolo Great Aunts and Uncles:
Replies: 0
Views: 281

Palazzolo Great Aunts and Uncles:

I'm trying to find the birth acts or birth certificates or birth notices for my great aunts and uncles. Each born with the Palazzolo surname. They all immigrated to the United States in 1920-1921 with their parents: *Parents of all children are Girolamo Palazzolo & Lucrezia Giacona. Here are childre...
by ty79978
05 Aug 2013, 21:39

Thank You Marty for all your help. Perhaps if you wouldn't mind helping me solve this next little piece of the puzzle. Mario Giacona. He supposedly has a brother "Giuseppe" that's the family story, that his brother's name was Giuseppe. But, Giuseppe had a son Pietro Giacona who was born about 1879 i...
by ty79978
05 Aug 2013, 20:46

Laura, I realize the records are not easy to research. I've been on Familysearch.org before, and I was never able to find them. Mostly Partly due to having terrible vision so reading these documents is extremely hard to do. But to be honest.. The name change as you go further back in time from "Piaz...
by ty79978
05 Aug 2013, 05:42

Are you by chance able to find a birth certificate for "Mario Giacona" and "Maria Giuseppa Galati" ? As well as Natale Palazzolo (father of Girolamo) and Maria Badalamente? I'm cannot read these documents due to my terrible vision. I've passed them on to a cousin who speaks Italian and has better ey...
by ty79978
05 Aug 2013, 01:00
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation Request for Antonino Galioto and his family:
Views: 480

Translation Request for Antonino Galioto and his family:

Hello, Would someone please me extremely helpful and translate these images from familysearch.org. I have really bad vision and reading actual records and distinguishing letters is almost impossible for me. Thanks so much! Greatly Appreciated! Antonino Galioto Birth Act #451 Year 1891 https://family...
by ty79978
05 Aug 2013, 00:52

Or Perhaps a Marriage Certificate between the two? Unfortunately, before these records, I didn't know much about them. I'm not sure when they died, or how old they were at their deaths? I assume that they both died between 1914 and 1930. Judging that Giacinto's name was on Bernardo's immigration rec...