Search found 7 matches

by georgezavattoni1914
06 Nov 2013, 16:14
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Grandfather - Antonio Borgia - San Fratello Sicily
Replies: 10
Views: 3552

Re: Grandfather - Antonio Borgia - San Fratello Sicily

I just wanted to let you know that I received an email from someone in Italy who can send a copy of my grandfathers paperwork. they asked for several euro to be paid via paypal - which is no big deal. Am scared to send a copy of my id though. has anyone else sent identification to Italy via email?
by georgezavattoni1914
01 Nov 2013, 20:26

Thank you very much Marty - I will send them an email right now. Will also follow up with a hard copy to the address you provided in a week or two.
(thanking suan also as you guys took time out to provide some valuable information. I appreciate it.)
by georgezavattoni1914
01 Nov 2013, 19:10

Thank you Marty - I sent an email yesterday to an office in Sicily. Will wait to see what comes back. Fingers crossed. Any ideas or suggestions on war records? I know my grandfather received several medals and would love to know which ones they were.
George
by georgezavattoni1914
01 Nov 2013, 18:43

Thank you so much - I confirmed this information with my mother. It looks like you found him. Brought a smile to her face. Is there a way I can find a copy of some of his documents. For instance the birth record, marriage record , war medal receipt records? thank you again - also - is that y9our web...
by georgezavattoni1914
31 Oct 2013, 18:18

Grandfather - Antonio Borgia - San Fratello Sicily

Would anyone be able to point me in a direction where I could find information on my grandfather - Antonio Borgia. He was born on November 11, 1894 in San Fratello Sicily. I believe this is in the province of Messina. He was a soldier in WW1, was injured in the war, received several medals and later...
by georgezavattoni1914
31 Oct 2013, 17:47
Topic: ISO WW1 Military Records
Replies: 12
Views: 16480

Re: ISO WW1 Military Records

Good afternoon - I am doing some research on my grandfather - like Linda my grandfather was born in San Fratello on November 11, 1894. He served in WW 1 and survived - was injured in war and received several medals. His name was Antonio Borgia. How can I find info on him.. Would love to provide some...