by jdipardo
23 Mar 2005, 17:05
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: giancola/castelpetroso
Replies: 22
Views: 16062

Re: giancola/castelpetroso

HI Silvana

I went to the library last night. I apparently let the birth film for the late years go back without renewing. My bad. I still need the film for my own research so I reordered it. I should have it again in about 2 weeks.

Sorry, I really thought I had it.
JOhn
by jdipardo
17 Mar 2005, 19:02

Hi Trish, Yes I do have Cifelli in my tree. Pasquale Cifelli and Giovanna Cicchino (1750) were my 5th great grandparents on my fathers' mother side. There are others as well but they are the couple that come to mind. My main family of interest in Castelpetroso is CIELLI which has appeared to be diff...
by jdipardo
17 Mar 2005, 05:47

I have several of the films from Castelpetroso. I'll see what I can find.

John
by jdipardo
06 Mar 2005, 20:52
Topic: Need some help please
Replies: 2
Views: 2040

Re: Need some help please

HI, To answer your first question, if you wish to write, typically the donation is in Euro for the equivolent of $15 US. That cost will get you the single birth act. There may be a long wait for the search to actually be done. If you are not aware, there is an easier way to do this research yourself...
by jdipardo
26 Feb 2005, 18:07
Topic: At a dead end
Replies: 20
Views: 13515

Re: At a dead end

Hi again Sherry, The "Uncle Francesco" made 2 trips. the first May 27 1899 The 2nd was Novemeber 3, 1905. he states he was travelling to his brother Vincenzo at 207 Commercial St, Trinidad, Colorado. The same town that your Vincenzo stated he was going to in 1906. The "brother Vincenzo" appears to h...
by jdipardo
26 Feb 2005, 05:43

I replied to quickly. There is more info on the 1930 census. I missed all the children on the next page. Earnest Remunno stepson age 16 born New Mexico Carlo Remunno stepson age 15 born New Mexico Tony Bisconti age 13 born New Mexico Nick Bisconti age 11 born New Mexico Lola Bisconti age 9 born Ohio...
by jdipardo
26 Feb 2005, 04:04

From what I can make out from Sher's previous posts, Vincenzo also went by the name James. His wife from what I can see was named Michelina di Cicco. The 1930 federal census for Lowellville, Mahoning, Ohio shows James age 42 and Michelina age 36. The di Cicco family is living next door. The census i...
by jdipardo
26 Feb 2005, 03:38

Hi Sherry, I see that you are from Ohio. Is there any chance that Vincenzo died in Ohio? There is a Vincenz J Bisconti who died on November 12, 1961 at the age of 74 (1887 birth year) The listing says Youngstown, Mahoning County. If this isnt him, have you asked your Grandmother where he died? There...
by jdipardo
21 Feb 2005, 15:07
Topic: Italian Military Records
Replies: 9
Views: 7258

Re: Italian Military Records

Military records are kept at the military district level, Therefore Province of Biella. In the letter you should address the Office of Conscription Records (registri degli Uffici di Leva). Include everything you know about your grandfather to make the search easier for them. suanj appears to have lo...
by jdipardo
20 Feb 2005, 17:26
Topic: Italian Military Records
Replies: 9
Views: 7258

Re: Italian Military Records

Hello, Couple of questions for you. First what was your Grandfathers full name? Approximate age? Also do you know if he returned to Italy to serve with the Italian Army or did he serve for a US unit? There are 3 Polarolo men who have draft record cards in the US Annibale Polarolo born Aug 7 1877 Qui...
by jdipardo
03 Feb 2005, 05:55
Topic: how to find italian military records???
Replies: 1
Views: 2493

Re: how to find italian military records???

If you are talking about the city of messina, province of messina, Sicily Write in Italian to the provincial records for Messina, NOT the city itself. Military records are kept at the military district level, There fore Province of Messina. In the letter you should address the Office of Conscription...
by jdipardo
31 Dec 2004, 20:35
Topic: Catasti Onciari
Replies: 23
Views: 18275

Re: Catasti Onciari

Hi Lola, Couple things to keep in mind when dealing with Naples and the Catasti. Naples is the central archives for that region, they have tens of thousands of historic manuscripts not just the individual censuses from the towns. Many of these "books" are deteriorating and are in the restoration pro...
by jdipardo
03 Sep 2004, 01:02
Topic: Italian American soldiers - 2nd World War
Replies: 13
Views: 10134

Re: Italian American soldiers - 2nd World War

Used the caualties of WW2/Korea intered overseas database at ancestry.com. Had a feeling he might be there with what information Seal gave. No age given though thats why I didnt know which Albert in the 1930 census was the correct.

glad it helped some
John
by jdipardo
02 Sep 2004, 15:08

There are 2 Albert Diamanti in the 1930 census, one born 1917 the other 1924. Do you know Albert's birth date? or any family members? Let me know if you would like either image.

John
by jdipardo
02 Sep 2004, 15:02

Name: Albert C Diamanti
Inducted From: New York
Combat Organization: 8th Tank Battalion 4th Armoured Division
Death Date: Sep 14 1944