Search found 30 matches

by labiancm
16 Mar 2017, 19:20
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Court Decree on Birth Record Translation
Replies: 4
Views: 775

Court Decree on Birth Record Translation

Hello, I've gone through many hundreds of Italian birth records and never have come across something similar to the attached notes that I found scribbled in the margins of the birth record of one of my ancestors. It seems to be some court decree, but I can't make out most of the words. Any help tran...
by labiancm
20 Mar 2015, 16:27
Topic: 2nd Cerami Sicily Marriage Record
Replies: 2
Views: 670

2nd Cerami Sicily Marriage Record

Hello all, I've uncovered the marriage record for my 3rd great-grandparents, but it is unfortunately written in Latin. I'm also not familiar with the structure it is written in, as I can't easily identify the parents like I can on other records. I would love any help in translating the document. I b...
by labiancm
20 Mar 2015, 05:04
Topic: Cerami Sicily - Marriage Record
Views: 686

Cerami Sicily - Marriage Record

Hello, I've become pretty good at reading Italian script, but recently have had to start reading through Latin records for one branch of my family. Any help with translating the following marriage record would be great. I believe it says that Francesco Cuffari married Maria Gaetana Russo on 1/7/1888...
by labiancm
15 Feb 2015, 00:44
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: English Nickname for Gianflavio?
Views: 1428

Re: English Nickname for Gianflavio?

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate the time you took to answer. He had an older brother John, so I'm guessing he decided to pick a new name.

thanks again
by labiancm
13 Feb 2015, 23:26
Topic: English Nickname for Gianflavio?
Views: 1428

English Nickname for Gianflavio?

It appears one of my ancestors, first name Gianflavio, immigrated to the US in the early 1900's. However, he must have changed his first name, since there is no record of a Gianflavio with his last name. Does anyone know what an english nickname for Gianflavio would be?
by labiancm
09 Feb 2015, 03:53
Topic: Birth Record Translation Help
Views: 851

Birth Record Translation Help

Hello, I found this birth record of my great grand aunt Anna LaBianca, and I believe it says that she died in the left hand margin. I'm not able to decipher the year (maybe 1978? or 1918) Any help would be great. thanks https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-30200-24060-72?cc=2043445&wc=M...
by labiancm
24 Dec 2014, 01:35
Topic: Post-1865 Records - Troina, Enna
Replies: 1
Views: 631

Post-1865 Records - Troina, Enna

Hello, One branch of my family originates from Troina, Enna, Sicily. From what I can tell on Family Search, the only civil records available in microfilm are from 1820-1865. There are church records available for a later time period, but I have no idea how to identify which church my family attended...
by labiancm
27 Aug 2014, 08:03
Topic: Maria Cotrone Birth Document
Views: 1108

Maria Cotrone Birth Document

Hello, I found a record of my great-grandfather's sister, Maria Cotrone. There appears to be some notes on the second page of the document (both on the body of the page and on the side of the page) that are outside the norm of these documents. I'm not sure if they are notices of death or some other ...
by labiancm
24 Aug 2014, 23:22
Topic: Cutrone Birth Document
Replies: 9
Views: 1796

Re: Cutrone Birth Document

Thanks Angela - I did not know about the allegati - I will now have to take my new obsession one step further :) Thanks for the kind words as well - with your and Erudita's guidance, I've gotten back as far as finding an ancestor born in 1749 - not too shabby! I will take a look at the script tips a...
by labiancm
24 Aug 2014, 18:40
Topic: Cutrone Birth Document
Replies: 9
Views: 1796

Re: Cutrone Birth Document

Thank you both for your help! I suspect that whoever wrote down the names in this record got the mother's name wrong, because Frisone is listed in a couple of others. Thank goodness for the marriage notation to Filomena, because I had previously found that marriage record, and it clearly lists Maria...