Search found 40 matches

by Sasso
01 Mar 2015, 22:47
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Calciano
Replies: 12
Views: 3903

Re: Calciano

Thanks, Tessa. That link came in handy. I combined the one you gave me and a previous letter that I had sent somewhere else. The only thing I am uncertain of is the money. Do I send it with it or do I tell them to bill me? If I send it to them with the letter, how much is appropriate? This is the le...
by Sasso
01 Mar 2015, 19:01
Topic: Calciano
Replies: 12
Views: 3903

Re: Calciano

Figured i'd post this here instead of creating a new topic. I have yet to be able to get to an LDS history center to be able to view the records. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like i'll be able to get there anytime soon. Is there a place in Calciano, like an archive, that I could e-mail or write to...
by Sasso
21 Jan 2015, 22:57
Topic: Casale
Replies: 11
Views: 3671

Re: Casale

Yes, I'll definately have to take a look at them when I have the time. Unfortunately I'm busy right now so it won't be for a little while.

Thank you all for the help on this.
by Sasso
19 Jan 2015, 16:32

That may be the place. It sounds kind of familiar, I'll have to check it out.

Thanks for the links as well. I was looking at them last night and they are very interesting.
by Sasso
18 Jan 2015, 16:55

Her maiden name is Luisa Guglielmetti, daughter of Luigi Guglielmetti and Teresa Maschi. She married Giuseppe Sasso on February 7, 1910. She was born in 1889 in Italy. I'm afraid I don't have much more information other than that.
by Sasso
18 Jan 2015, 16:02

I was afraid that there was going to be quite a lot of possible places. I was hoping to narrow it down a bit.

Here is the part of the record that lists her place of birth. I'm afraid that there's not much to help with the location.
by Sasso
17 Jan 2015, 19:50

Casale

I've been going through some old record that I have and came across my great grandmother death record. It lists her place of birth as Casale, Italy. There are rumors that she came from the North of the country, but I've never heard a place just called Casale. I'm thinking it's probably only part of ...
by Sasso
06 Jan 2015, 14:11
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Military Record
Replies: 14
Views: 4482

Re: Military Record

Alright, so we're exactly do I go from here? Is there another place I can ask for his military records or indeed records of any kind?
by Sasso
05 Jan 2015, 19:55

So i've received a respond from the address given (posted below) and I'm not quite sure what to do next. From what I can understand it says that Antonio's name is in the records, but not at that particular Archive. If I misunderstood that please let me know. Would I also send a response to this emai...
by Sasso
08 Nov 2014, 18:17

Well I've sent off an email using the first prompt adelfio has given me. If I do not recieve a response at some point, is there some protocol to follow before sending a letter or another email? I don't want to seem rude or annoying. I try my best not to be :).
by Sasso
08 Nov 2014, 15:51

Thank you for all the help. I'll see how it goes.
by Sasso
08 Nov 2014, 14:04

I was afraid you were going to say that. :? I'm not really sure how this works; Do I require anything besides the basic full name, his parents name and date of birth? Does this cost anything? I don't suppose you would know where I would write to? Would it be Sant'Ambrogio sul Garigliano or the provi...
by Sasso
07 Nov 2014, 20:36

Military Record

Hello! I'm looking for military information on an Antonio Cappello; son of Carmine. He was born in Sant'Ambrogio. I have found him on http://www.cadutigrandeguerra.it/Albo_Oro/Archivi/5/73.jpg. From this picture it looks like he was in the 7th infantry regiment, but how do I know where he fought? Th...
by Sasso
04 Nov 2014, 02:41
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Marriage
Replies: 1
Views: 427

Marriage

Hello! I was wondering if I could have some help with this marriage document. I have most of it translated, but there are a few words that I can't make out/translate. From my understanding it says: Vincenzo D'Orio, 41, of Lacco Ameno resident of (Don't know this word) commune, son of Stansilao and C...
by Sasso
09 Oct 2014, 15:02
Topic: Sant'Ambrogio
Replies: 4
Views: 1570

Sant'Ambrogio

The full name of the place my family comes from is Sant'Ambrogio sul Garigliano. I'm looking for some information on the town itself and where I can find some records. Are there any online? I'm sorry for such a broad question, but I can't seem to find much on this place.

Thanks in advance :D