Search found 57 matches

by Gags
22 Oct 2018, 01:23
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Are there birth records from Napoli around 1788 online?
Replies: 22
Views: 5212

Re: Are there birth records from Napoli around 1788 online?

I was trying to figure out occupation..you said something about violins? The closest I came to his occupation was conductor. conduttore in italian. Any musical history? Blacksmiths are usually called ferraro. I'm just putting that out there. Good luck in your search. Very interesting!! Yes, the Gag...
by Gags
17 Oct 2018, 03:32

Thanks Angela! Someday I hope to get somewhat close to as skillful as y'all on this site and can help others in the same way. It's fascinating to unlock the mysteries of our families!!
by Gags
16 Oct 2018, 18:03

Thank you much, Angela!! Interesting to see the misspelling of the last name. I see the same thing with my great-great grandmother (Bottiglieri vs Buttiglieri) on a couple of records. But this is certainly the right Giovanni. Your theory on the occupation seems like a good one. I can't find anything...
by Gags
14 Oct 2018, 23:41

I was thinking if I could find Fortunata's birth or baptism record, but as you said, that could be tough. I've been trying the search function on Antenati to find other Gagliano family members, but none look promising so far. Yes, my Gagliano ancestors were blacksmiths and goldsmiths. In fact, they ...
by Gags
14 Oct 2018, 22:23

Thanks Tessa and Angela for digging in to my search!! I was just thinking that I can try to find Fortunata's birth record and that could crack the code on the names. Brilliant to look for other indexed Addevico's! I came up with the same close names like Tessa did, but great to see that Addevico was...
by Gags
14 Oct 2018, 19:40

Thanks Tessa!

I was looking at the paragraph above that in which they state the death of Fortunata. It cites the parents, which I would expect to be hers, but I’m thrown by the use of figlio instead of figlia.
by Gags
14 Oct 2018, 18:20

Thank you so much Angela!! Great stuff. I'm still fascinated to see records from so long ago! I don't see that they've listed Nicola's parents on his death record, yah? Also, I assume on Fortunata's death record, the parents listed are hers, despite the word "figlio"? I see "...figlio...
by Gags
14 Oct 2018, 00:57

Are there birth records from Napoli around 1788 online?

Hi All! First, let me say this site has been such a great help and has unlocked pretty much all of my family history before they landed in America! So thank you again! I am trying to find the birth record of my 3rd great grandfather, Giovanni Gagliano, who was born in Napoli, most likely in Porto or...
by Gags
19 Jun 2018, 00:25
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Any trouble ordering birth certificates from NYC?
Replies: 7
Views: 2714

Re: Any trouble ordering birth certificates from NYC?

Well, sure enough, they returned mine as well for not including copies of the NY death certs. Time to resubmit.
by Gags
01 Jun 2018, 23:31

Well, I ordered them around April 7 and still no response and my checks weren't processed. I called today and gave my info. They said they'd look into it. I sure hope I don't hit the same death record snag...
by Gags
03 Apr 2018, 19:26

Thanks Toni! My wife and I were married in my family's town in Italy a couple of years ago and had to prep all of our docs for the comune, so we know the pain of applying for documents, then certification, then Apostilles. Ugh. And my dual citizenship appointment isn't until 2022, so we have time! L...
by Gags
03 Apr 2018, 03:49

Ciao Toni!

Thank you much for the reply!
I do have the birth record numbers, so I know they exist and that should hopefully make them easy to locate.
And they were born post-1910.

I'll follow your steps!

Grazie mille!
Ryan
by Gags
23 Mar 2018, 16:11
Topic: Birth record in NYC for Louis Gagliano
Replies: 4
Views: 898

Re: Birth record in NYC for Louis Gagliano

Thanks Biff! Funny thing - now I see Luigi's birth index in Ancestry, but i never found it in my previous searches. I thought I had the year range specified, but maybe adding Manhattan specifically did the trick.

Thanks again!
by Gags
23 Mar 2018, 01:52
Topic: Birth record in NYC for Louis Gagliano
Replies: 4
Views: 898

Re: Birth record in NYC for Louis Gagliano

Wow!! Thank you very much Biff for the quick reply!!! That is awesome!! Would you happen to have any info to confirm that certificate 19699 is Louise Windirsch, my grandmother, the daughter of Frank Windirsch and Stell Kraus? All the other information is a match but the Index doesn't have a first na...