Search found 37 matches

by Filmways
18 Aug 2015, 14:03
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Lastname Lupi
Replies: 13
Views: 5804

Re: Lastname Lupi

Katerinaki is a typical (100%) Cretan first name which translates to "Little Kathryn". You inherited is from your Mother's family, so you can be sure, your mother's family was from Crete. Loupos was also a Greek name some 2000 years ago, before the Venetians adopted it around 1200. Venetia...
by Filmways
04 May 2015, 01:56
Topic: Brick wall: Yennelli
Replies: 22
Views: 6197

Re: Brick wall: Yennelli

I think you got it wrong. It is a Greek-Italian name that derives from Ioannis. The name was Ioannelis and did become in Greek dialect Giannelis, In Italy, a second "l" was added, Giannellis. In USA the Greek "i" in most cases becomes "e" and "Gi" becomes &quo...
by Filmways
22 Mar 2015, 03:04

I meant to say: You are Sicilian.
Sicily was a Greek province, sometimes control by Spanish Arabs, taken over by the French (Hautevilles), than by the Spanish (Kingdom of Two sicklies) and finally by the Italians.
by Filmways
22 Mar 2015, 02:59

I think you got is wrong from the start. This is the correct name: 1920: Joeseph Vanelli The family Vanelli goes back over 600 years. I know Isabella Vanelli born 1585 married Scipione Pappacoda (born 1581) son of Muzio Pappacoda and Aurelia Pignatelli. Assuming your spelling with two "N" ...
by Filmways
18 Mar 2015, 05:25
Topic: Older family members
Replies: 28
Views: 8698

Re: Older family members

I was going to eMail you your family tree, the first 500 years; However, if you are interested that's OK with. No problem.
by Filmways
18 Mar 2015, 05:08

What's your eMail address??
by Filmways
18 Mar 2015, 03:53

My blood can boil with out me getting upset. You use words like: They are not my blood relatives. But they are. The Carbone family was originally based with in a 100km radius from Naples. They are very closely related to all major families of Souther Italy. They were Marquis Counts, Governors, Cardi...
by Filmways
17 Mar 2015, 21:06

My blood boils when I read comments like yours (both of you) You do not decide who your relatives are and who are not. When two persons from different places fall in love and married there is only one option: one of the two must migrate. If the wife lives in Germany, the husband moves to Germany. If...
by Filmways
11 Mar 2015, 06:05

11 Generations starting 1250 (5 pages) eMailed. let me know if you get it.
by Filmways
11 Mar 2015, 01:54

I do not upload files. It will be stupid of me. My work is worth 10's of millions of dollars. I will selectively send you information. We are not related.
by Filmways
10 Mar 2015, 22:39
Topic: Gizzi and Baldassarra Familys + More
Replies: 18
Views: 8656

Re: Gizzi and Baldassarra Familys + More

I noticed with interest the original message and the answers. There are 5 very old names mentioned: Savona (di Savona), Luongo (Longo) Desantis (de Santis) Gizzi and Grlli (Grillo). These family names go back at least 800 years and the families were "Noble". Some of these families (Gizzi, ...
by Filmways
10 Mar 2015, 04:42
Topic: Dandolo
Replies: 0
Views: 990

Dandolo

around 1500, a Merchand of the family Dandodo (probably Frabcesco); was nicknamed Scarveli. Subsequently his son Tomaso Dandolo was "Called" Scarvelis and his son Franceco became known as Francesco Scarveli. At the same time there are two more Dandolo's known as "Scarveli" maybe ...
by Filmways
10 Mar 2015, 01:33

It will take a few days to "select" the best parts and find out the best way to do it because PDF files are very "heavy" to upload and I do have limits. I had a quick look and the total, with marriages, etc. is over 68 A4 pages. The Carbone was a noble family and you can find all...
by Filmways
09 Mar 2015, 23:43

I could post here a PDF file of your family (1250-1600) up to perhaps 5 pages If I knew how.
by Filmways
09 Mar 2015, 22:11

Carbone is a very old family going back well over 800 years and I am sure there is lots of information about the family. Pietro Carbone born ca. 1260 was Lord of Pazzano Giovanni Carbone died ca. 1370 was the Governor of Gaeta Guglielmo Carbone died 1418 was a Cardinal Podulli is another place the C...