Search found 7 matches

by kcook58
12 Feb 2015, 05:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Americanized versions of italian names
Replies: 22
Views: 24144

Re: Americanized versions of italian names

I know this is an old post but I just now came across it. My grandmother's name was Mattea. She hated that name and changed it to Edith. She was born in Colorado but her parents were from Italy.
by kcook58
09 Feb 2015, 18:45
Topic: Taravella/Rotolo/Volore/Mulay
Replies: 12
Views: 3831

Re: Taravella/Rotolo/Volore/Mulay

That is actually a Steve Valoro, not related and I'm really not sure about the Mule's that are listed there. I need to find something on Roselie Mulay/Mule before I can go any further. This is Roselie & Stefano on Find a Grave http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg ... =115410145
by kcook58
08 Feb 2015, 23:42

Yes I think it is too but on all of the census records and the death index has her listed as Mulay. I have searched just about every spelling of that name is still come up with nothing. From what I understand there were two Mulay familys living in Pueblo Colorado. I can only find info on that one fa...
by kcook58
08 Feb 2015, 22:06

Can anyone trace back the Taravella name? My uncle told me that when he was very young he traveled to Sicily and Spain to try and trace his family history and was told that Taravella may have originated in a tiny town called Taravilla in Guadalajara Spain. It would be interesting to see if that's wh...
by kcook58
08 Feb 2015, 21:47

Why am I not getting any email replies letting me know that I had a response to my post? Subscribe topic is checked!

***** Never mind I found it!****
by kcook58
08 Feb 2015, 21:39

Thank you so much!!! I can't read those things so I appreciate all of the help! Please let me know if anything can be found on my grandmothers side Volore/Mulay I can't seem to find any trace of them!
by kcook58
08 Feb 2015, 04:57

Taravella/Rotolo/Volore/Mulay

I am trying to trace my grandparent's parents and keep hitting a brick wall. I'll start with my grandfather... his name was Charles Vincent Taravella but I was told his name was really Vincent Charles. Ok now this is strange... my sister just recently found my grandparents marriage certificate and o...