Search found 9 matches

by Elaine Shuman
16 Jul 2003, 16:51
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian Barber Society of Boston
Replies: 3
Views: 4948

Italian Barber Society of Boston

Has anyone heard of this organization or know where I can find out more about it?

thank you

Elaine
by Elaine Shuman
27 Jun 2003, 15:06
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: children on the SS Calcutta in 1857 to Boston
Replies: 1
Views: 4689

children on the SS Calcutta in 1857 to Boston

While searching for my great grandfather, Sylvestro FILAMONDO on the Passenger lists to Boston (1820-1891) I found lots of young children on the ship SS Calcutta arriving on Aug 6 1857. The children are mostly young, under 5 with the last name FIGLIO, several Rosa's, age 2. Does anyone know why ...
by Elaine Shuman
04 Jun 2003, 14:34
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: a few more lines from birth record
Replies: 6
Views: 9938

thank you

Maurizio and Peter thanks to both of you for your efforts. I really appreciate it.
Elaine
by Elaine Shuman
03 Jun 2003, 17:27
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: a few more lines from birth record
Replies: 6
Views: 9938

a few more lines from birth record

http://groups.msn.com/Shuman/genealogy.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=14

I have most of the words on these 2 lines, but there are a few that are stumping me. Here is what I have so far.

First line
original undersigned informant Pasqualina Santosuosso (midwife)

Second line
reason she is ...
by Elaine Shuman
02 Jun 2003, 17:23
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: need word translated from 1872 birth record
Replies: 3
Views: 7158

need word translated from 1872 birth record

http://groups.msn.com/Shuman/genealogy. ... PhotoID=13

Can anyone tell me what this word is and what it means? See link to gif.

thanks
Elaine
by Elaine Shuman
26 Apr 2003, 18:18
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Taurasi Italy
Replies: 5
Views: 8412

Taurasi online

Thank you. I'm able to read the page using Google's translation tool.
Elaine
by Elaine Shuman
25 Apr 2003, 15:02
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Taurasi Italy
Replies: 5
Views: 8412

Taurasi Italy

I can locate Taurasi on a map. What I would like is to know some history of the town especially in the mid 1800's. Does anyone know of some good historical sketches of this town or area? My g grandfather emigrated from this town as a boy in 1880.

thanks
Elaine
by Elaine Shuman
24 Apr 2003, 15:07
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: 1880 ships to Boston from Italy
Replies: 16
Views: 19591

1880 ships to Boston from Italy

According to my g grandfather's naturalization papers he arrived in Boston on Sept 8 1880. He would have been 8 years old (born Dec 1872). I checked with the Mass archives for ships that came in on this day and they said none came from Italy. I have heard that the last name FILAMOND is not his real ...