Search found 65 matches

by Qliner
24 Nov 2020, 07:30
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Do I qualify?
Replies: 6
Views: 1317

Re: Do I qualify?

Oh and to answer your question, yes they have to be certified copies but they don't need to be the original documents. The states can send death certs, birth certs, marriage certs -- I got certified copies because I didn't want to send out my old originals since you don't get them back, or I didn't ...
by Qliner
24 Nov 2020, 07:27
Topic: Do I qualify?
Replies: 6
Views: 1317

Re: Do I qualify?

Ok. This all sounds daunting but possible. For the Request for a Certificate of Non-Existence, it states that we must provide an obituary, death certificate or other documents proving that the person is deceased. Do we need to provide an original death certificate or can I print off the obituary fr...
by Qliner
24 Nov 2020, 06:57
Topic: 1948 Case with Luigi Paiano
Replies: 514
Views: 263273

Re: 1948 Case with Luigi Paiano

Hi All, I'm American and did it through Luigi Paiano for my extended family, 11 of us in total. Luigi is very sharp and he won't take the case if he doesn't think it will win. I can vouch for his reliability, honesty, and knowledge of the process! He's also a very professional and friendly man. That...
by Qliner
03 Mar 2018, 17:14

I don't however I had a pile of documents with me in case i needed them. I had to fill out a form. This is where I made the appointment: https://my.uscis.gov/en/appointment/new ... l%5D=false
by Qliner
27 Feb 2018, 02:21

Hi everyone! I am just starting a 1948 case with Luigi Paiano. As many of you, I have spent a significant amount of time reading, researching and obtaining all necessary documents. Luigi has been THE KEY to understand the legal process and has been an incredible patient and dedicated person. Luigi ...
by Qliner
27 Feb 2018, 02:18

couple more questions for you experienced folks.... - do naturalization papers (petition/oath etc) need to be translated? Also, are ALL of the marriage certificates necessary? (including mine?) My line is my GGF > GM > F > Me I used Luigi's translator and assume she also translated the one naturali...
by Qliner
27 Feb 2018, 02:12

I'm considering a 1948 case, but have a question. My grandmother married my grandfather, a naturalized US citizen, before the Cable Act so she was naturalized by marriage. In reading the forum, it seems like that in and of itself does not cause a problem for a claim of citizenship. My question is w...
by Qliner
27 Feb 2018, 01:56

Do I have a clear cut 1948 case? My great grandmother was born in the USA before her parents naturalized, both of them doing so after 1912. My grandmother was born in 1930, and my mother in 1954. The 1948 issue here just applies to whether my GGM could pass it on to my GM, right? So if this is allo...
by Qliner
27 Feb 2018, 01:51

All along I have known this process would not be straightforward or rapid but there are days like today when despair does descend, particularly when a further four months just disappear! Hopefully it will all be worth it in the longer run. Hang in there! It took me over four years to get it done fo...
by Qliner
27 Feb 2018, 01:51

All along I have known this process would not be straightforward or rapid but there are days like today when despair does descend, particularly when a further four months just disappear! Hopefully it will all be worth it in the longer run. Hang in there! It took me over four years to get it done fo...
by Qliner
27 Feb 2018, 01:46

Apologies if this has been asked before. I have my grandmother's original naturalization certificate. Have others who have pursued a 1948 case through Luigi Paiano obtained a certified copy and apostille of their Italian ancestors' naturalization papers? Can I get an apostille on the original? If a...
by Qliner
09 Feb 2017, 17:03
Topic: Citizenship Fail
Replies: 75
Views: 19790

Re: Citizenship Fail

Where were they married, do you know?
by Qliner
09 Feb 2017, 16:38

Luigi has a translator in Italy that he uses and she's very good and reasonable cost. I used her for a about 15 - 20 documents. I did have to have one document translated here (can't remember why now) and so I found a translator on my state's .gov site and he had it notarized (an added statement tha...
by Qliner
09 Feb 2017, 16:34
Topic: Should I even attempt this ordeal?
Replies: 22
Views: 6518

Re: Should I even attempt this ordeal?

Yes, persevere! If you go to this site, it has good info on researching the naturalization docs in the "How do I get a Certificate of Naturalization?" section https://www.myitalianfamily.com/italian ... -questions
by Qliner
09 Feb 2017, 15:33

the name she used on naturalization in the US ("Rose Natalie") doesn't exactly match what's on her Italian birth certificate ("Rosa Natala"). I had numerous name discrepancy issues as well and it all worked out. In my case, my mother's name in the US and on all her documentation...