Search found 7 matches

by AstronomyDomine
08 Feb 2016, 16:13
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Gaetano Scarfidi birth registration and marriage
Replies: 20
Views: 7030

Re: Gaetano Scarfidi birth registration and marriage

Omg, I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to respond! It's been a busy few months and I got a bit sidetracked. Once again, thank you so much for your help. I'll be using your template to contact Messina for records in the coming week. I'm quite optimistic that I should be able to find out more. You ar...
by AstronomyDomine
26 Dec 2015, 10:23

Cheers - I will definitely put my feelers out in the more appropriate areas online to see what info I can find on the Agius side in Egpyt. :) The Agius and Scarfidi families may have been well known to one another as apparently Peter and Maria, my grandparents, were an arranged marriage. Wow! You re...
by AstronomyDomine
16 Dec 2015, 10:15

First of all, sorry for the late reply! Thanks so much for the further translations, it's really helpful to have every last detail, and very interesting to consider the community the Scarfidi's were within in Messina. The whole thing about the north of Italy I've been told is from my mother (who mar...
by AstronomyDomine
08 Dec 2015, 09:08

Omg! THANK YOU! I don't know why but I wasn't able to find that marriage registration on family search before. Quite a revelation! You are such a sweetheart to take time out of your day to find it all for me and translate. I'll definitely do more poking around directly within the Messina records. Th...
by AstronomyDomine
01 Dec 2015, 11:02

Thanks for clarifying! This side of my family are all Maltese and Italian in Egypt, no Arabic connection to the best of my knowledge, but it's very possible at least somewhere in the family line laterally given the geography. My grandparents (Gaetano and Carmela's daughter Maria, and her Maltese hus...
by AstronomyDomine
26 Nov 2015, 12:41

Thank you both so much! This forum is amazing, you guys are legends! I believe my great grandmother's surname was Vella, with the cursive being so hard to read you've done so well! And Galeano is right too. Can anyone make out what the bottom section (beyond where it mentions the marriage in Port Sa...
by AstronomyDomine
21 Nov 2015, 11:02

Gaetano Scarfidi birth registration and marriage

Hi all, Would really appreciate if someone could translate all the important information on my great grandfather's birth certificate (both sections of top left page of scan), plus what looks like the later addition of details of his marriage to my great grandmother Carmela in Port Said on the far le...