Search found 4 matches

by wrestep
06 Aug 2016, 19:17
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Documentary Film
Replies: 20
Views: 17188

Re: Documentary Film

There's also a documentary from PBS called The Italian Americans. It focuses on the Southern Italian a little more than the Northern as far as who immigrated here but it talks about how the Italian immigrants in the US were treated back in the early 1900s to today. It was done in...2015 I think. It'...
by wrestep
25 Dec 2015, 20:50
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Dual Citizenship- Do I Qualify?
Replies: 11
Views: 11639

Re: Dual Citizenship- Do I Qualify?

Mary wasn't born in Italy (she was born in Lousiana in 1872) but her father was (Filippo Listi or Lester). Mary married Biaggio (born in 1884) who was born in Italy. I think it would be less expensive to go through Biaggio as he was never naturalized (as far as I can tell) and it should be less expe...
by wrestep
16 Dec 2015, 00:40

It wouldn't work for Mary then. Her son (my G Grandpa) was born in 1918, but his father never naturalized. My Nonna was born in 1942, so I wouldn't be able to obtain citizenship through her? I don't have anything regarding her father (my G Grandpa) naturalizing. So if that's the case then only my da...
by wrestep
12 Dec 2015, 21:05

I have a question about my possibility for qualifying as well. It's a long one... sorry in advance. My GG Grandfather's name was Biaggio "Ben" Trombatore (Trumbaturi) (born in 1880) and he married Carmela Marie "Mary" Listi (born in 1872) (later on changed to Lester). Mary's fath...