Search found 10 matches

by dennish
30 Jun 2011, 20:46
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Relatives in Grotteria
Replies: 1
Views: 386

Relatives in Grotteria

My Grandfather, Vincenzo Raffaele Agostino was born in 1878, in Grotteria. He emigrated in 1911. His parents were Nicola Saverio Agostino, born 1848, and Caterina Mazzaferro, born c 1849, in Grotteria. Two other brothers, Rocco and Dominic are found in the US for a while, but vanish. Perhaps they re...
by dennish
09 Jun 2003, 20:22
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Marriage record
Replies: 5
Views: 5618

Maurizio,

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

That was very clear and confirms my interpretation.

Dennis :D :D :D :D
by dennish
09 Jun 2003, 18:14

Let's try this again. Sorry, the first link would not allow expansion. I think that this will work. Thanks!

Dennis

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec?htx=m ... abria&m=66
by dennish
09 Jun 2003, 00:07

Marriage record

I noticed the excellent translation on a birth certificate in the last post. I wonder if I might get help with the document posted here: http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/sonflower1/vwp?.dir=/marriage+certificate&.src=ph&.dnm=marriage+certificate.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/sonflower1/ls...
by dennish
20 May 2003, 01:48
Topic: Translation help
Replies: 11
Views: 8838

Peter, I am the one who sent you the birth certificate via email
Dennis
by dennish
16 May 2003, 00:38

Thank you both gentlemen!!

Dennis
by dennish
15 May 2003, 02:28

Looking again, it appears that sposida is actually "two" words, ..."sposi da" un anno. I think that means spouses for one year, yes? I will try to scan and email this document, soon, since there is quite a bit more written. It is the certificate of my grandparents, Vincenzo Agostino, and Maria Rosa ...
by dennish
15 May 2003, 01:26

Thanks Peter, That was more like a "smooth" translation! Does this mean that they were actually married one year already, previous to the date of this document? The main concern that I had was whether or not the groom was born in Grotteria. I think you confirmed my own crude translation. Thanks agai...
by dennish
14 May 2003, 17:47

Translation help

Can anyone give me a rough translation of this segment from a birth certificate? A few words are difficult to read, so they may be incorrect. Thanks! ....e mi hamio(?) dichiarato lo sposo essere nato in grotteria, la sposa in gioiosa jonica. avere avuto essi sposida(?) un anno ad oggi la residenza n...
by dennish
11 May 2003, 20:50
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Customs regarding adoptions c1890
Replies: 2
Views: 3041

Customs regarding adoptions c1890

My grandmother, Maria Rosa Agostino was adopted in Gioiosa Jonica by the Simeri family. I see that on both her marriage certificate and her Ellis Island manifest, she is listed as Maria Rosa Prudente. Her marriage certificate lists no parents. I understand that an adopted child did not take on the l...