Search found 10 matches

by Vivs
08 Oct 2016, 07:15
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Antonio Baldassarre historical figure?
Replies: 0
Views: 2967

Antonio Baldassarre historical figure?

I've a great^3 grandfather called Domenico Antonio Baldassarre Benedetti Also a few other ancestors named similarly. Just found a Giusseppe Antoinio Baldassarre Confalone http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Pescara/Stato+civile+napoleonico/Pescosansonesco/Matrimoni/1814/0...
by Vivs
05 Oct 2016, 18:55
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Suggestions for what to try next?
Replies: 5
Views: 2245

Re: Suggestions for what to try next?

Exactly. though I have Zolfino born in December, not april (I will double check that record.) I had wondered if Zolfino might have been a miscarriage (ie not full term?) Or Fiorindo might have been adopted? (not found a reliable way to check this yet.) I am currently DNA testing a great uncle of min...
by Vivs
01 Oct 2016, 01:21

Re: Suggestions for what to try next?

The only other clue I have is "uncle" Clemente Radochia .... The family is also in Pescosansonesco, but I have yet to find a relationship to make him an uncle.... so one theory is a biological relative... others are just missing records, or records in odd places. It just seems strange that...
by Vivs
30 Sep 2016, 18:14

Suggestions for what to try next?

Hi Trying to track down my great grandfather'(Fiorindo Benedetti)s records. We have an Italian passport, but it does not have dates of travel. It has his birth date and parents listed, but I have been unable to find him in Antenati records. I can't find him on any ships either. His passport said he ...
by Vivs
30 Sep 2016, 18:03
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation help request
Replies: 3
Views: 941

Re: Translation help request

Thank you for your help, I was getting by on the standard forms, but (I guess) the unwed mother part was what was throwing me.
Appreciate the help
by Vivs
29 Sep 2016, 03:44
Topic: Translation help request
Replies: 3
Views: 941

Translation help request

Good evening. My Italian is slowly coming along, but I cannot make heads or tails of this scribe's pen. Most letters look the same to my eye. The record Im looking at is Benedetti, Maria ??? It's a basic Nati form, so if you can read the letters it should be simple, but I'm not even sure of her name...
by Vivs
19 Sep 2016, 23:48
Topic: Transcription help with an antenati extract
Replies: 2
Views: 890

Transcription help with an antenati extract

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Pescara/Stato+civile+della+restaurazione/Pescosansonesco/Matrimoni/1845/007692934_00388.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=0 Hello I'm trying to teach myself to read these, but these all hand written ones are a challenge and a half. Esp when t...