Search found 100 matches

by mkaykrista
06 Dec 2019, 18:59
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Latin word translation
Replies: 1
Views: 368

Latin word translation

Would someone be able to take a look at the following record and help determine what it means? The document is a Polish death record index and many of the cause of deaths are listed as 'grafsans'. I've searched the internet but can't seem to find what this translates to. Many of my distant relatives...
by mkaykrista
06 Dec 2019, 18:55
Topic: Help finding vital records - New York to ???
Replies: 3
Views: 668

Re: Help finding vital records - New York to ???

Yes, its very possible this is his father. His name seems unique for the times, so I don't think I would come across another Obediah unless it was direct family.
by mkaykrista
03 Dec 2019, 21:34
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Word translation needed
Replies: 2
Views: 212

Re: Word translation needed

Thank you. Sadly I'm not sure this is the person I was looking for, as they ended up in Ansonia, Connecticut - which is quite the distance from Alden.
by mkaykrista
03 Dec 2019, 21:15
Topic: Word translation needed
Views: 212

Word translation needed

Hello, hoping someone can help translate a location for me on a New York Passengers arrivals document. The person in question is No. 7, Mikolaj Zawiski, age 33. I can't make out what the intended location is, looks like it starts with an 'A', but I have no idea what it could be. https://www.familyse...
by mkaykrista
15 Nov 2019, 23:09
Topic: Help finding vital records - New York to ???
Views: 668

Help finding vital records - New York to ???

Hello, I'm hoping to get some help with connecting ancestors born in early 1800s New York to their home country. Most of my family is Italian and Polish and immigrated to America in the late 1890s. But I'm unsure how to trace back a family that came to America prior to the 1800s. The family name I'm...
by mkaykrista
12 Aug 2019, 22:29
Topic: Help with Immigration Record (Austria)
Replies: 4
Views: 1006

Re: Help with Immigration Record (Austria)

Yikes I forgot about this topic! It's very possible this is him, as I suspect his name was not spelt "Nicholas" in his home country. I've assumed he was married around 1896 as the 1930 census shows the age he was married at 32. This is assuming my other records are correct in him being born in 1864,...
by mkaykrista
20 Jun 2019, 01:36
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help Finding Reciniello Death Record
Views: 312

Re: Help Finding Reciniello Death Record

Thank you for finding this. This may be an obvious question, but what does this mean? Did he actually die or just leave the family? I haven’t come across a relative without a death record, so I’m not sure what to make of this :/
by mkaykrista
19 Jun 2019, 21:30
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help Finding Reciniello Death Record
Views: 312

Help Finding Reciniello Death Record

Hello, I need some help in my search for my relative's, Francesco Reciniello, death record. I listed his information below. Born: ~1801, Sant'Arsenio Parents: Antonio Reciniello and Rosa Giffoni Wife: Anna Gentile Children: Rosa, Antonio and Francesco Francesco died around eight/nine months of Augus...
by mkaykrista
19 Jun 2019, 20:49
Topic: Social Security Records prior to 1856
Replies: 5
Views: 1067

Re: Social Security Records prior to 1856

Hi Tessa, The dates I listed are correct. The form states SS cannot process a request for individuals born before 1865 (page 2/3 in the PDF). My relative was born in 1864 and died in 1938. When I go to order his SS information online, I receive an error upon entering his birth year because of this l...
by mkaykrista
19 Jun 2019, 16:37
Topic: Looking for Eastern European village
Replies: 13
Views: 1735

Re: Looking for Eastern European village

Wow, that one seems probable. I wish I could make out the names of the person from last country/going to. I know his father's name was Gregory and mother was Irene.
by mkaykrista
19 Jun 2019, 16:13
Topic: Help with Immigration Record (Austria)
Replies: 4
Views: 1006

Re: Help with Immigration Record (Austria)

Good morning. Thank you, I have this census record in my records. The last name is spelt different almost every time, from Zavoyski, Zawoyski, Zawiski and today it's spelt Savoyski. I'm just not sure how to bridge the gap between American and international records. I did recently discover his father...
by mkaykrista
19 Jun 2019, 15:39
Topic: Looking for Eastern European village
Replies: 13
Views: 1735

Re: Looking for Eastern European village

Good morning. I have the assumed date range of his immigration being between 1902-1907. He definitely arrived prior to 1910 as his first son was born in December 1911 in Ansonia, Connecticut.

Any suggestions for effectively searching for him in ship manifests?
by mkaykrista
19 Jun 2019, 15:23
Topic: Social Security Records prior to 1856
Replies: 5
Views: 1067

Social Security Records prior to 1856

Good morning! I have a SSC I wanted to order, but my relative was born in 1864 and Social Security doesn't provide records past 1865. I contacted Social Security to see why this was, but just received a very generic response without answering my question. So, my question is - why can't we order SSC ...
by mkaykrista
14 Jun 2019, 16:29
Topic: Help confirming info on Death Record
Views: 263

Re: Help confirming info on Death Record

Okay, I'll have to seek out their birth records to confirm. I'm only going through death records at the moment, and just thought this to be strange. I wonder why one/both daughters had a different father, unless she had one/both before her marriage to GioBatta?
by mkaykrista
14 Jun 2019, 15:51
Topic: Help confirming info on Death Record
Views: 263

Help confirming info on Death Record

Good morning - hoping to get some help in understanding something noted on my ancestor's death record. The record is for Maddalena Pessolano (~1794-1838). The record lists her husband GioBatta and two daughters, but then lists "padre ignoto". Could this be referring to her daughters having an unknow...