Search found 17 matches

by AlexKN
14 May 2022, 13:56
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Saving high resolution records on Antenati?
Replies: 23
Views: 5874

Re: Saving high resolution records on Antenati?

As of May 13, 2022, this solution is no longer working for me. I get a message saying that I do not have appropriate permissions to access the IIIF manifests.
by AlexKN
19 Jun 2020, 00:18
Topic: Seeking a Genealogist
Replies: 8
Views: 1303

Re: Seeking a Genealogist

In that church, I specifically am working on Pomara, Fanale, d'Antoni, Romano, Picciurro, and Cosentino. This is the 1720-1800 window where the San Nicola di Bari-Albergheria records were not integrated into the cathedral records, requiring an on-site search at the church.
by AlexKN
17 Jun 2020, 18:57

Just to follow up on all this... I reached out to Raimondo Lentini, and he was an absolute pleasure to work with concerning my ancestors from Agrigento. I highly recommend contacting him about all pre-civil records from Agrigento. Raimondo also informed me that Santa Maria Monserrato is a bit infamo...
by AlexKN
15 Jun 2020, 20:29
Topic: Ages of Mother
Replies: 3
Views: 463

Re: Ages of Mother

I have her birth date, death date, wedding dates, birth dates of all her children, and even every baptism on which she was the godmother.

What worries me is the scientific chance of a woman, in 1799, getting pregnant at the age of 54. Is this even feasible?
by AlexKN
15 Jun 2020, 16:44
Topic: Multiple parents listed for ancestor?
Replies: 4
Views: 594

Re: Multiple parents listed for ancestor?

In 1837, most of Italy and Sicily were ravaged by brutal cholera epidemics. Many towns actually suspended the recording of deaths because there were just too many to keep up with it. Towns with a population under 1000 suddenly had 10-15 people dying each day. This is likely what happened to Francesc...
by AlexKN
15 Jun 2020, 02:00
Topic: Ages of Mother
Replies: 3
Views: 463

Ages of Mother

Based on the evidence that has presented itself, I am staring at a situation where a Palermo ancestor of mine was 54 years of age when she became pregnant with her last child. Everything overwhelmingly points to this being her, as much as my mother and I think it's ridiculous. I have relatives who, ...
by AlexKN
10 Jun 2020, 12:21

I used Raimondo Lentini - lentini5259@gmail.com for my search for ancestors in Racalmuto, Agrigento, Sicily. He had all the church records there going back to the 1500s and traced my ancestors back to a 1588 marriage. He lives in Sicily. I don't know if he can help with your search. He communicates...
by AlexKN
09 Jun 2020, 17:38

Seeking a Genealogist

My request is different from most. I have made significant progress on my tree using the records available in the city of Palermo, Sicily, however I have many ancestors whose records are located in the churches of San Nicola di Bari-Albergheria and Santa Maria Monserrato (plus who knows what else be...
by AlexKN
07 Apr 2020, 20:11
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Monreale marriage
Views: 688

Re: Monreale marriage

Caterina Ribando is the widow of Domenico di Giovanni.
by AlexKN
27 Nov 2019, 12:44
Topic: City of Palermo Church Records
Views: 2728

Re: City of Palermo Church Records

I have followed up here with attachments containing examples of two marriages which are of the "useless" type I have described. In particular, the ancestors (Biundo-Zummo) on example1 are from Villagrazia and the Ospedale Grande (the girl's orphange), respectively; and on the second the an...
by AlexKN
23 Oct 2019, 02:36

Re: City of Palermo Church Records

Oh, all my family is well into the 1700s and such. The sections are irrelevant because I am well before 1820 civil registration. I have ancestors from Molo, Villabate, Villagrazia, Brancaccio, Santa Ninfa... I know for a fact that some ancestors were members of the churches of San Nicola di Bari Alb...
by AlexKN
22 Oct 2019, 02:23

City of Palermo Church Records

Church records are such awesome tool for getting deep into your family history. It's how I know so much about my ancestors from Corleone and Partinico (back to to 1500s and even the 1400s!). However, the city of Palermo proper, particularly the 20 churches on Family Search (plus a couple others scat...
by AlexKN
04 Nov 2018, 14:39
Topic: Stato Civile di Palermo
Replies: 6
Views: 1691

Re: Stato Civile di Palermo

We had emailed Patrizia before (for a different request) and gotten a response (via forwarding to a different person). This is, however, the entire conversation between my mother and the person in Palermo. We will probably try what you have suggested.
by AlexKN
01 Nov 2018, 11:35
Topic: Stato Civile di Palermo
Replies: 6
Views: 1691

Re: Stato Civile di Palermo

Here's the email response. The email on top (in red) is the response my mother got, and the email below it (in blue) is the email my mother had originally sent. It took her 13 days to get the original response, and it has been over 2 months since then. From: Patrizia Amato To: Dr. Incardona Per comp...
by AlexKN
28 Oct 2018, 19:33
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Reading a Riveli
Replies: 5
Views: 1542

Re: Reading a Riveli

Do you know anything about the dates? I would like to estimate birth years based upon ages but which date do I use? The one in the upper left of 1755? The one on the right of 1754? The ostensible date of the Riveli of 1747? The record is from Sep 9, 1755. It looks like Paolo Bologna is either 35 or...