Search found 30 matches

by skiptonr@hotmail.com
19 Dec 2022, 07:29
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Is this for olive oil???
Replies: 3
Views: 790

Is this for olive oil???

As you can see in the picture, this object has a hole in the top, perhaps for olive oil or other? There are two arms for hanging and at the base there are two holes to anchor, like with a nail or screw. I got this from my mother when she passed. I don't know where she got it, but I seem to remember ...
by skiptonr@hotmail.com
09 Jun 2022, 20:33
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Help locating towns in Ascoli Piceno province online
Replies: 2
Views: 820

Re: Help locating towns in Ascoli Piceno province online

FYI...I posted this on another forum and this was the answer: "The only records for AP that are online at this point are just those in the immediate area of the capital. No timeline for when any others might be added." I also sent the question to the contact at the State Archives of Ascoli...
by skiptonr@hotmail.com
06 Jun 2022, 01:55
Topic: Help locating towns in Ascoli Piceno province online
Views: 820

Help locating towns in Ascoli Piceno province online

Looks like my ancestors came from the eastern part of Ascoli Piceno province in Marche. I looked in Portale Antenati at the archives of Ascoli Piceno and I only find locations in the western part of the province...nothing from the town of Ascoli Piceno east to the Adriatic. Are these records part of...
by skiptonr@hotmail.com
01 Jun 2022, 06:23
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Occupation on Death Certificate
Views: 255

Re: Occupation on Death Certificate

Thanks! I kept translating it to "plan" or "project" which didn't seem right. Usually I've seen bambino(a) for one so young. Good to know.

Thanks, again.
by skiptonr@hotmail.com
01 Jun 2022, 05:35
Topic: Occupation on Death Certificate
Views: 255

Occupation on Death Certificate

Hello! Wondering if anyone can decipher the occupation for Giuseppe Maurizi's death certificate from 1857 in Controguerra Italy? I include two jpg with the word I can't figure out circled.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
by skiptonr@hotmail.com
24 Sep 2021, 00:48
Topic: Street Names of Campli
Replies: 10
Views: 4551

Re: Street Names of Campli

I don't know when this was created...I have several for different individuals in my family and they seem to be created at different times since some of the information changes (a parent is listed as died). I would guess between 1900 and 1938. I include a couple in this post. I include "158 - do...
by skiptonr@hotmail.com
24 Sep 2021, 00:02

Hi Joe, thanks! I think you are spot on. I have several of these "Scheda Individuale" and on at least one the word does appear to be circonvalazione (one 'l').

Cheers! Rick
by skiptonr@hotmail.com
23 Sep 2021, 20:43

Thanks for the info. Any idea what the street was named? 35 Cirionv ?? lazione
by skiptonr@hotmail.com
23 Sep 2021, 19:16

Street Names of Campli

My grandfather came from Campli in the Teramo province of Abruzzo. His "Scheda Individuale" seems to indicate where the family lives...but I cannot decipher it entirely. Looks to me like they lived in the Castelnuovo (new castle) section/district/neighborhood of Campli, but the actual stre...
by skiptonr@hotmail.com
28 Jan 2021, 00:20
Topic: Processetti Help?
Replies: 7
Views: 888

Re: Processetti Help?

Thank you for all the help and the direction. I had downloaded the "Italian Extraction Guide" and was working through that to help me with deciphering the words. I will look into your suggestions as I have quite a number of documents to translate and don't expect this to be done for me gra...
by skiptonr@hotmail.com
27 Jan 2021, 01:21
Topic: Processetti Help?
Replies: 7
Views: 888

Processetti Help?

Back again for more assistance. I've a number of these processetti documents from my G-G-Grandfather/mother that I'm trying to decipher. Any help with the highlighted words is appreciated!! Thanks, Rick Michelangelo and Maria Ficorilli processetti (2) snip1.JPG #1 - L. Anipente, Parroco del Comune d...
by skiptonr@hotmail.com
24 Jan 2021, 01:52
Topic: Marriage Certificate Help?
Views: 498

Re: Marriage Certificate Help?

Wow! You guys are great!! Thanks.
by skiptonr@hotmail.com
23 Jan 2021, 20:16
Topic: Marriage Certificate Help?
Views: 498

Marriage Certificate Help?

Hello all, I’m going through documents from Pacentro where my grandmother was born and trying to decipher the cursive. Wondering if someone could identify the words I have highlighted? Any other corrections are also welcome of course. Much thanks, Rick #1 - I quali alla presenza de testimonj, che sa...
by skiptonr@hotmail.com
30 Dec 2020, 17:53
Topic: Check Google Translation?
Replies: 9
Views: 1259

Re: Check Google Translation?

A question...I found Raffaele Domenico Carrabia's birth record (see attached). I think they are living at "Grada San Marco"...would that be the street in Pacentro they were living at when he was born? Also wondering if you have a take on his mother's name...Anna Cesaea Basio? Thanks again!...
by skiptonr@hotmail.com
29 Dec 2020, 06:44
Topic: Check Google Translation?
Replies: 9
Views: 1259

Re: Check Google Translation?

I cannot begin to thank you enough for this information. Honestly, I started looking into my grandmother's family in 2002!! You have done more to uncover the family history in less than a week than I did in all that time. You're awesome! How can I ever repay you? If ever in Las Vegas... Most appreci...