Search found 8 matches

by Sassano Pinto
07 Oct 2019, 09:31
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: HELP!! Comune (Sassano) won't respond!!
Replies: 19
Views: 1116

Re: HELP!! Comune (Sassano) won't respond!!

Well, my limited experience being what it is, I can tell you that when they finally sent my document (the Consulate confirmed that Raffaele's was the only one I would need), they didn't ask for postage - though there are some major caveats... It took 6 nonths and over 32 different contact attempts, ...
by Sassano Pinto
18 Jul 2019, 23:08

I would prefer two - my siblings live in a different Consulate region, and I wanted to prevent them from going through this themselves.
by Sassano Pinto
18 Jul 2019, 19:36

Thank you so much for translating and for your advice and shared experiences, Suanj! Well, Raffaele's document is definitely a must-have, and if you're saying that they won't need his parents' documents, I'm willing to forego asking in favor of having SOMETHING in October to show the Consulate - tha...
by Sassano Pinto
18 Jul 2019, 18:53

Raffaele (Ralph) immigrated as a minor, and I was under the impression that since he was a minor, that I would need all of his parent's documentation as well. Am I mistaken in that? I do have proof showing his father never naturalized in the US, but I thought I would need his parents' birth and marr...
by Sassano Pinto
18 Jul 2019, 18:46

Now I'm just trying to translate my email flawlessly before I send it to the comune - I don't want to give them any excuses not to fulfill my request. That Italian professor is supposed to be translating it for me, but he's actually on vacation now, so I'm trying not to pester him too much. Is there...
by Sassano Pinto
18 Jul 2019, 18:38

Hi Suanj, Thanks for your reply and advice!! Since posting this, I've reached out to an Italian professor at a local college who was generous enough to call the comune for me. The person he spoke with told him that I needed to send the request to the certified anagrafe@ account - which happens to be...
by Sassano Pinto
09 Jul 2019, 03:26

HELP!! Comune (Sassano) won't respond!!

Buongiorno, So I am a new member to the forum, although I have found the knowledge and information available here to be invaluable on my quest for citizenship thus far :D Although, I have seemingly confirmed my eligibility for dual citizenship jus sanguinis, I'm now unfortunately running into a bit ...