HELP!! Comune (Sassano) won't respond!!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Sassano Pinto

HELP!! Comune (Sassano) won't respond!!

Post by Sassano Pinto »

Buongiorno,

So I am a new member to the forum, although I have found the knowledge and information available here to be invaluable on my quest for citizenship thus far :D Although, I have seemingly confirmed my eligibility for dual citizenship jus sanguinis, I'm now unfortunately running into a bit of a brick wall... I'm quickly nearing my appointment in early October, and have nearly everything I need from US agencies, but have received no reply from Sassano (SA) since I began attempting to contact them back in early April. I have sent two letters via post, 3 emails (one of which was a certified PEC email), a fax, and submitted a contact form on the town website, but have heard absolutely NOTHING from the comune - total silence.

I WAS able to find the scanned documents on Family Search, so I do know they (the documents) exist. Please, any advice or assistance - particularly from anyone in Southern Italy - would be greatly appreciated!

I'm really starting to worry that I'll be showing up to my appointment with everything but the most important documents of all - the Italian ones!!

Thanks in advance!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: HELP!! Comune (Sassano) won't respond!!

Post by suanj »

no rare that in Salerno province, no much attention and care for the requests by mail or email… no all Communes making so, but by my experience… I am in Italy and I sent a request by priority mail on 6 april in a commune of Salerno province.. ( so arrived on 7 april)
after 40 days nothing.. and + 3 emails, and no replies, calling the clerk… she missed the request.. after the search she found it.. so all ok? no after other 20 days.. nothing.. second phone call.. "oh yes" I will prepare soon… until today nothing… and passed 10 days!

from April that you sent, they received after abt 8 days, then the time to protocol it and back the your request in the right office, then the clerk have 30 days to reply you, normally 40 days(!) and if all infos, and your ID card copy was attached, and international coupon was included, well the clerk relay, back to protocol office, and the package going in the parcel office, then almost other 8 days( if you live in some State to East and no of West, that take more time) and you will receive finally!

Now the time is enough plaese to find some friend speaking italian and to call, or send a email in italian to TOWN CLERK and also to MAYOR asking help.. in some way need to make..!!
when they do so it is a drama…
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Sassano Pinto

Post by Sassano Pinto »

Hi Suanj,

Thanks for your reply and advice!! Since posting this, I've reached out to an Italian professor at a local college who was generous enough to call the comune for me. The person he spoke with told him that I needed to send the request to the certified anagrafe@ account - which happens to be about the only email address I didn't use - and that they would process it from there.

Of course, they also mentioned that there is only one person working in that office, and this is almost August (holiday season), so hopefully I will get it in time for my appointment. What's unfortunate is that I feel like if I was there in person they would probably hand it to me the same day, but here we are...

Thanks again!

Dave
Sassano Pinto

Post by Sassano Pinto »

Now I'm just trying to translate my email flawlessly before I send it to the comune - I don't want to give them any excuses not to fulfill my request. That Italian professor is supposed to be translating it for me, but he's actually on vacation now, so I'm trying not to pester him too much. Is there anyone on here who can help me with the below email? Also, what are everyone's thoughts on including a scan of the Register showing the vital records I'm requesting? I don't want to overwhelm them, but I do want to help them find it as fast as possible. Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

I am writing to request 2 copies each of the following vital records corresponding to my ancestors:

Birth Certificates

Loreto Pinto - March 28, 1876
(Father: Raffaele; Mother: Concetta Villano)

Francesca Femminella - March 2, 1873
(Father: Guiseppe; Mother: Maria Caleglia)

Raffaele Pinto - August 29, 1899
(Father: Loreto; Mother: Francesca Femminella)

Marriage Certificate

Loreto Pinto & Francesca Femminella - June 6, 1896

These documents are intended to support my claim of eligibility of Italian Citizenship, Jure Sanguinis; for that reason, please ensure that the documents show the parents' names and all pertinent information for my local consulate to make a definitive determination in my case. 

Please send the documents to me at the following address:

[ADDRESS]

If you could also alert me via email when the documents are in the mail, so that I can watch for them, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much for your help and attention in this matter.

Respectfully,

[NAME]
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Please to specify that you need of certificate on paper, original, ie paper format, otherwise they send you the certificate via certified e-mail, BUT THE ITALIAN CONSULATE does not accept this. He wants exactly what the clerk draws, and not the scanned one and sent even if sent by certified e-mail!
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

you need just of Raffaele Pinto Birth certificate and no of these! Raffaele was born in Italy so you need just of Raffaele and no of his parent's Birth certificates and marriage certificate!
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Sassano Pinto

Post by Sassano Pinto »

Raffaele (Ralph) immigrated as a minor, and I was under the impression that since he was a minor, that I would need all of his parent's documentation as well. Am I mistaken in that? I do have proof showing his father never naturalized in the US, but I thought I would need his parents' birth and marriage in Sassano as well.

Would my request that they email me when the documents are in the mail suffice to ensure I got a paper copy, or should I be more explicit?

Thanks again Suanj!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Email subject: Estratto atto di Nascita di PINTO Raffaele nato a Sassano il 29 Agosto 1899

Email txt:

Gent.mo Ufficiale dello Stato Civile,

con la presente il sottoscritto….. (your name) discendente di PINTO Raffaele emigrato negli USA nel secolo scorso, richiede a fini cittadinanza italiana per ius sanguinis il seguente certificato da spedirsi via posta normale( il Consolato Italiano non accetta Certificati inviati al richiedente tramite PEC):

Estratto di atto di Nascita in FORMATO PLURILINGUE- CARTACEO di PINTO Raffaele nato a Sassano il 29 Agosto 1899, figlio di Loreto e di FEMMINELLA Francesca.

Se spese sono dovute si prega di informarmene che saranno rimesse nella modalità che vorrete cortesemente indicarmi.
Nel ringraziare per l'attenzione e in attesa di riscontro, sperando in cortese sollecitudine, porgo distinti saluti,
………………..your name
............your full address also the country!

***To attach a copy of your ID card
and send it

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

No second my opinion you need just of Raffaele Birth certificate

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Sassano Pinto

Post by Sassano Pinto »

Thank you so much for translating and for your advice and shared experiences, Suanj!

Well, Raffaele's document is definitely a must-have, and if you're saying that they won't need his parents' documents, I'm willing to forego asking in favor of having SOMETHING in October to show the Consulate - thanks for the insight!

Do you think I should include this scan of the Register that shows Raffaele's birth?
[attachment=0]Registri dello strato civ ... ttachment]

Dave
Attachments
This is the document I was considering attaching to my email... thoughts?
This is the document I was considering attaching to my email... thoughts?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

No it is no necessary.. Just one thing: you need of 1 or 2 Raffaele birth certificate?

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Sassano Pinto

Post by Sassano Pinto »

I would prefer two - my siblings live in a different Consulate region, and I wanted to prevent them from going through this themselves.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

suanj wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 19:03 Email subject: Estratto atto di Nascita di PINTO Raffaele nato a Sassano il 29 Agosto 1899

Email txt:

Gent.mo Ufficiale dello Stato Civile,

con la presente il sottoscritto….. (your name) discendente di PINTO Raffaele emigrato negli USA nel secolo scorso, richiede a fini cittadinanza italiana per ius sanguinis i seguenti certificati da spedirsi via posta normale( il Consolato Italiano non accetta Certificati inviati al richiedente tramite PEC):

N° 2 Estratti di Atto di Nascita in FORMATO PLURILINGUE- CARTACEO di PINTO Raffaele nato a Sassano il 29 Agosto 1899, figlio di Loreto e di FEMMINELLA Francesca.

Se spese sono dovute si prega di informarmene che saranno rimesse nella modalità che vorrete cortesemente indicarmi.

Nel ringraziare per l'attenzione e in attesa di riscontro, sperando in cortese sollecitudine, porgo distinti saluti,
………………..your name
............your full address also the country!

***To attach a copy of your ID card
and send it
well now is ok for two

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Sassano Pinto

Post by Sassano Pinto »

Outstanding! Thanks again!!
Italian_Tulip_T

Post by Italian_Tulip_T »

Hi,

I am in the process of sending letters to the Commune and Province for original vital records of my grandparents.

Do you know if there is a fee for each vital document
or for postage?

Thank you!